Based in New Albany, OH, Abercrombie & Fitch serves young shoppers with leading specialty clothing through four brands including Abercrombie kids, Hollister Co., and Gilly Hicks. With retail store locations expanding across the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Europe, and Asia, entry-level positions become easily accessible due to strong demands to constantly fill vacant positions.
Facts About Working at Abercrombie & Fitch
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Abercrombie And Fitch?)
Available Positions: Part-time Impact Team Member, Sales Associate, Model, Manager in Training, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Regional Loss Prevention Manager, HR Representative, Internet Photo Stylist, Risk Management Analyst, Customer Service Communication and Training Coordinator, Security Associate
Abercrombie & Fitch Employee Interview Videos
Job Opportunities at Abercrombie & Fitch
A wide range of positions with the company exist within stores, home offices, and distribution centers. In addition to traditional in-store positions as retail associates and managers, Abercrombie & Fitch also provides opportunities to serve as live models. Employees filling such roles often take responsibility for greeting shoppers, performing store maintenance tasks, and maintaining desired physical presentations. Most in-store positions exist as part-time roles and require only one or two five-hour shifts per week and an on-call shift at least once per week.
In-store positions often require customer interaction. However, distribution center opportunities may not require patron relations as primary duties include packaging, sorting, and retrieving brand products within the warehouse. Through management training programs, current retail employees or qualifying applicants may gain access to higher retail positions in addition to industry experience. Abercrombie & Fitch firmly believes in utilizing in-house promotions when possible, so dedicated employees gain access to higher positions before outside candidates. Corporate careers may also prove available to applicants providing necessary education and experience.
Abercrombie & Fitch Positions and Salary Information
Applicants typically must stand at least 16 years old to gain hiring consideration from the company. Young job hopefuls may land positions as part of impact teams or as live models. The part-time positions require minimal weekly commitments, as employment generally only mandates attendance for about 10 hours a week. Applicants anticipating additional or lengthier shifts may work diligently upon hire to gain manager trust and more opportunities. Steadier work hours may prove available to members of distribution center operations teams. Job hopefuls providing proper experience or education may consider applying for management or corporate careers. A list of positions the company frequently hopes to fill sits listed below:
- Presentation of stores relies on the efficiency of impact teams.
- Responsibilities team members must maintain include filling shelves and presenting merchandise to company standards throughout each store and stockroom.
- Candidates must provide multitasking skills, flexibility, attention to detail, customer focus, adherence to company guidelines, and scanning and stockroom system competency.
- Impact team members should expect to receive pay between minimum wage and $12.00 an hour.
- Read the Abercrombie & Fitch store merchandiser job description, complete with employee interview video.
- Models create company-desired shopping atmospheres by wearing and representing the brand in addition to providing customer service and personal maintenance in accordance to company presentation standards.
- Candidates should embody sophistication, style, passion for the brand, and outgoing personalities.
- Individuals must also perform upkeep on personal physical appearances.
- Successful applicants take responsibility for maintaining product knowledge and performing strong communication skills.
- Models may receive compensation up to $12.00 hourly.
- Find more details on the position with the Abercrombie & Fitch model job description.
Distribution Center Operations
- Picking, packing, sorting, auditing, storing, and retrieving product shipments serve as the main functions of distribution center operations personnel positions.
- Other duties may exist as assigned.
- Candidates should prove capable of utilizing computers and RF scanners, meeting department standards with productivity and accuracy, and performing safety procedures.
- Qualifications include high school diplomas or equivalent certifications, the ability to stand for a maximum 13 hours a day while performing monotonous tasks, and physical capacity for lifting a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Hiring personnel may show preference toward applicants with previous work experience, though not required.
- Distribution center associates may receive hourly wages between $12.00 and $13.00.
- A 10-week, in-store program often must receive completion prior to gaining official management titles.
- Managers receive education on areas such as diversity, human resources, store operations, and visual merchandising.
- Through on-the-job training in addition to completion of daily readings and exercises, managers gain leadership, organization, planning, multitasking, problem-solving, and flexibility skills as well as a knowledge of fashion trends.
- Managers in training may rise through the company in accordance to advancement plans.
- Generally, assistant manager becomes the first supervisory position trained managers land.
- Determined employees may move up the line to store manager, district manager, regional manager, and director positions.
- Applicants must satisfy qualifications, which require bachelor’s degrees, strong problem-solving skills, sense of style, diversity awareness, team building and interpersonal skills, and drive to achieve.
- Depending on the rank of the management position, workers receive salary options anywhere from $20,000 to $150,000 annually.
Tips For Applying
In-store positions often require applicants apply in person. Hopefuls may access a store locator tool online to find nearby retail locations. Visits to store locations should take place while wearing brand clothing or similar styles of clothing so hiring managers may easily visualize applicants in customer service roles. A copy of a resume with notable experience may prove necessary as an on-the-spot interview may occur. Some management, distribution center, or corporate positions may instead necessitate the completion of a six-part online application, which requires workers to provide previous experience and education information. Candidates should gather all hiring materials prior to initiating the application form to ensure accuracy and successful entry.
Upon submission of hiring materials, candidates may expect to hear from hiring managers within one to two weeks in order to set up an interview. Retail applicants may choose to make in-person visits or phone calls to stores to inquire about the statuses of outstanding applications. An effort to dress appropriately should take place during in-person application follow ups to prove interest in the company and respect toward the brand. Candidates pursuing positions which require an online application may call the human resources center to inquire about the status of a position and personal hiring materials. If applicants do not receive job offers, other positions may prove more suitable and job hopefuls may choose to apply for other opportunities instead.
Benefits of Working at Abercrombie & Fitch
Abercrombie & Fitch employees enjoy flexible scheduling and casual work environments. In addition, employees receive 30-percent discounts on clothing and products at any of the four company brands. Qualifying associates may also receive job benefits including :
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Life and medical insurance, and
- Long-term disability
More Information on Abercrombie & Fitch
College students and recent graduates may pursue leadership or entry-level design training opportunities or internship programs with Abercrombie & Fitch. Most internship opportunities last 10 weeks and provide participants with exposure to the retail industry through areas such as design, merchandising, inventory, finance, and technology. Training programs educate within the same areas and regularly lead to full-time work upon completion. The multi-week orientations may include interactive, hands-on classroom sessions, and on-the-job training.
Abercrombie & Fitch seasonal jobs offer part-time employment hunters an excellent way to make some extra money leading into the holiday season or add a short-term second line of income. Hiring begins in late September and extends through October.
With most Abercrombie & Fitch stores located inside shopping malls, many locations need additional workers to provide customer service and assistance. Abercrombie & Fitch typically hires seasonal models and seasonal part-time impact associates. Specific job duties include assisting customers in accessing changing rooms, answering questions about sizes and styles, modeling clothing, ringing up purchases, handling returns, organizing displays, and restocking shelves. Most seasonal jobs start around minimum wage, or between $7.00 and $10.00 per hour. Seasonal managers typically earn starting hourly wages from $9.00 to $12.00 an hour. At the end of the holiday season, many seasonal workers stay on to work year-round.
Abercrombie & Fitch Video Application: