Best Buy offers part-time and full-time job opportunities for applicants with an interest in technology, electronics, and customer service at over 1,400 stores.
Facts About Working at Best Buy
Minimum Age to Work at Best Buy: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Best Buy?)
Best Buy Hours of Operation: Mon-Thurs: 10:00am-9:00pm; Fri-Sat: 10:00am-10:00pm; Sun: 11:00am-7:00pm
Available Positions at Best Buy: Assistant manager, cashier, customer service specialist, electronics sales, inventory specialist, manager, sales associate
Best Buy Interview Videos
Job Opportunities at Best Buy
Job seekers looking for entry-level employment can join the over 125,000 workers employed at Best Buy. Applications are available online and the retailer readily trains new employees upon hire. Previous experience in retail, sales, and customer service can help during the hiring process but isn’t necessary. The retail chain hires applicants with a high school diploma and knowledge of the latest trends in technology and electronics.
Store-level jobs vary with Best Buy. All candidates must be 16 years or older and be ready to learn new and exciting things. Other positions sometimes require more. Certain tech repair and management careers require further schooling and past work experience to qualify.
Best Buy Jobs and Pay Option Information
The ability to work in a fast paced environment, multi-task, and learn new skills are valued characteristics in candidates. Common entry-level jobs with the retailer include:
- An entry-level position, tasks include answering questions, providing information on current products, and taking payments.
- Employees should be team-oriented and able to multitask.
- Starting hourly wages begin at $10.50.
Customer Service Specialists
- Associates complete returns and exchanges, collect recycled electronics, and answer customer questions.
- Customer service specialists work both full- and part-time shifts and make around $10.00 an hour.
- Workers should be polite, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy working with the public.
- Workers receive, ship, load/unload, and stock merchandise.
- Inventory specialists must be able to lift repeatedly and perform other basic manual labor.
- Salaries begin at around $10.50 per hour.
Tips for Applying
Job seekers can explore current openings on the company website. Application forms are also available in store. Best Buy regularly holds recruiting events and job fairs, as well. Get to know current products and trends in electronics and entertainment before interviewing.
Applicants must pass a personality evaluation to be considered for hire. After completing the test, employers reach out to passing candidates. Job seekers can log in to online profiles to check on current application statuses, as well.
Job Benefits at Best Buy
Employees receive store discounts, paid training, and the ability to work flexible hours. Team members are eligible for raises, promotions, paid time off, and paid vacations. Access to health coverage, life insurance, and 401(k) retirement plans are among job benefits full-time workers can qualify for.
Additional Information about Best Buy
Best Buy runs a recycling program that collects broken and old computers, televisions, and other products. The retailer recycles them and helps reduce electronic wastes. Altogether, the retail chain has recycled more than one billion pounds of electronics.