Denny's opened in 1954 as Danny's Donuts. The brand eventually became a 24-hour coffee shop. Since 1961, the recognizable restaurant has served traditional diner food all day at value prices.
Facts About Working at Denny's
Minimum Age to Work at Denny's: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Denny's?)
Denny's Hours of Operation: Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at Denny's: Cashier, Crew Member, Cook, Server, Host/Hostess, Assistant Manager, Restaurant Manager
Denny’s Employee Interview Videos
Listen to former employees discuss working at Denny’s:
Denny’s Job Opportunities
Community and Store Diversity
Most locations support organizations that matter to customers. Stores give back to their hometown communities in various ways. This commitment to social issues extends to hiring practices. Denny’s jobs hire a diverse array of people from all walks of life.
The chain stays open 24/7, so restaurants need to fill many Denny’s jobs to maintain top-notch service. With a large range of shifts, employees enjoy varied schedules. Hiring managers prefer those who have free availability.
Workers begin as part-time dishwashers or hosts, depending on interests and personality. Denny’s job hopefuls can become servers or cooks too. Over time, skilled hires might advance to full-time management.
Employment and Salary Information for Denny’s
There are a number of ways to start a career at Denny’s. Applications are regularly available for these jobs:
- The employee is responsible for washing dishes, bussing tables, and cleaning.
- Each job candidate should be kind to guests and fellow workers.
- Dishwashers make between $7.00 and $9.00 in hourly wages.
- This Denny’s job involves cooking meals and organizing kitchen inventory, while standing for long periods.
- Cooks must be at least 18 years old, have good communication skills, and be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Hourly pay is roughly $9.00, but rates may increase to $14.00 or $15.00.
- Servers take orders and help with customer requests.
- Workers do not need experience, but should be friendly problem solvers.
- These Denny’s jobs earn $2.00 to $9.00 an hour plus tips.
- Read the Denny’s server job description for more information.
Tips for Applying
Candidates apply online for entry-level positions through the six-step Denny’s job application form. Anyone interested in managing will attach resumes and cover letters. Applicants may also submit paper applications in person.
Job seekers can stop into the desired location to ask about their Denny’s application. The company usually conducts criminal background checks to confirm worker eligibility before conducting interviews.
Benefits of Working at Denny’s
Full-time associates who work at least 30 hours a week receive job benefits. Packages often include:
- Dental, vision, and medical insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid vacations
- 401(k) retirement plans
Part-time Denny’s workers get discounts on menu items. Those eligible access other employment benefits such as life insurance and extended healthcare coverage.
Additional Information about Denny’s
The company values its workers and takes pride in treating employees like family. To prove it, Denny’s careers offer strong salary options and overall competitive pay rates.
More Denny’s Videos