Boasting almost 3 million members, Gold's Gym health clubs remain sought-after workplaces for fitness-minded job hopefuls. Founded in 1965, the company operates on an international level and generates lucrative employment opportunities in over 20 countries.
Facts About Working at Gold's Gym
Minimum Age to Work at Gold's Gym: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Gold's Gym?)
Gold's Gym Hours of Operation: Mon-Thurs: 5:00am-11:00pm; Fri: 5:00am-9:00pm; Sat: 7:00am-7:00pm; Sun: 8:00am-7:00pm
Available Positions at Gold's Gym: Receptionist, Personal Trainer, Fitness Consultant, Health Club Sales Associate, Bilingual Front Desk Representative, Customer Service Representative, Kids Club Representative, Fitness Manager, Assistant Manager, Operations Manager, Training and Development Director, Accountant, Membership Advisor, Brand Manager, General Manager, Sales Manager, Program Manager
Gold’s Gym Employment Opportunities
Gold’s Gym maintains over 700 hiring locations throughout the world. The widely recognized brand brings in new members on a constant basis, which creates widespread customer service jobs offering competitive pay. Utilizes cutting-edge fitness programs, expert trainers, and modern equipment to keep the business growing, the prominent chain continuously expands to keep up with customer demands. Employment seekers find steady entry-level opportunities as well as professional career options.
Jobs stand available in numerous contexts with the company. Hiring departments range from housekeeping and maintenance to personal training and group instruction. Applicants also find work in customer service, retail, and administrative roles. Childcare facilities also exist at many of the gyms and create work for daycare providers. The diverse service aspects of Gold’s Gym draw the interest of potential new customers, while the traditional business staples maintain loyal clientele. As a result, workers continue to enjoy dynamic employment options with the chain.
Gold’s Gym Jobs and Salary Options
Gold’s Gym continually needs to hire associates to meet business demands. Full-time and part-time roles with the company remain available to applicants 18 and older. Though many jobs remain obtainable to individuals with limited or no experience; however, previous employment in the fitness industry strongly aids aspiring workers. The following positions regularly prove accessible to qualified candidates:
Front Desk Associate
- Front desk associates regulate customer service operations at the entrance to gym facilities.
- Typical duties include greeting patrons, checking identification cards and membership statuses, answering phones, and helping guests register for memberships.
- Employees must also process monetary exchanges at locations with retail or concessions options.
- Basic computer skills and superior performance in guest services remain essential qualities for applicants.
- The employer requires candidates for front desk jobs to possess high school diplomas or GED equivalents, as well.
- Average wages for associate positions hover around $8.50 per hour.
- When workout equipment or building components malfunction, maintenance technicians perform repairs to return facilities back to functioning order.
- Employees order parts and supplies as needed, clean and upgrade equipment, and train other laborers to correctly use machinery to reduce the likelihood of damage.
- Mechanically inclined individuals in strong physical shape stand as ideal candidates for technician jobs.
- High school diplomas or GED equivalents remain preferred of applicants, although not mandatory.
- Workers typically start out making minimum wage and earn pay raises with time and effort.
Tips For Applying
Applicants must demonstrate qualification through combinations of customer service experience, education and training backgrounds, and work ethics. Individuals with passions for health and fitness fare particularly well in the hiring process. Applicants with friendly and outgoing personalities also receive special consideration for hire, as many positions require regular interactions with customers. Though job candidates primarily apply online when seeking work with Gold’s Gym, print applications often remain available, as well.
Hiring processes may take anywhere from two days to two weeks. Applicants benefit from showing patience when following up, if desired. Managers generally respond to inquiries made through store visits or telephone calls. Candidates must make sure to check on applications during traditionally slower business hours and respect the schedules of staffing personnel. Use interactions with management as opportunities to show professionalism and interpersonal skills to the prospective employer.
Benefits of Working at Gold’s Gym
Gold’s Gym offers competitive job benefits to associates. Flexible scheduling, industry-comparable salary options, and paid training upon hire draw applicants to available jobs. Employment benefits, such as:
- Medical insurance
- Childcare assistance, and
- Tuition reimbursement
- May stand obtainable for qualified managers as well
Full-time workers often receive access to 401(k) retirement plans and paid time off. Complimentary gym memberships also remain attractive work benefits for eligible employees.
More Details on Gold’s Gym
The world-renowned fitness chain first opened in Venice, CA. The corporate legacy of the iconic chain continues to attract individuals interested in bodybuilding, as the company initially grew famous as part of the so-called Muscle Beach culture of the 1970s. Endorsement by celebrities like Arnold Schwarzenegger and Lou Ferrigno further popularizes the business throughout the world. Notoriety for the brand reflects the popularity of the cult classic film, Pumping Iron, which prominently features the fitness chain.