Each year, Hollister adds thousands of new employees at locations across the United States. The clothing retailer is an ideal place to find both entry-level jobs and long-term careers. Candidates pick up applications in store or fill them out online.
Facts About Working at Hollister
Minimum Age to Work at Hollister: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Hollister?)
Hollister Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 10:00am-9:00pm; Sun: 11:00am-6:00pm
Available Positions at Hollister: Assistant manager, brand representative, cashier, designer, model, sales associate, stock team
Hollister Employee Interview Videos
Hollister Job Opportunities
The popular retail chain manages around 575 stores. The hiring process caters to both new and experienced applicants. Individuals who show leadership skills are often promoted into management. All other workers must be at least 16.
In order to work for Hollister, job hopefuls must be outgoing, energetic, and like fashion. Employees are expected to wear company merchandise during shifts. Associates regularly make recommendations to customers based on current trends and styles in stock.
Hollister Positions and Salary Information
Hollister jobs consist of entry-level sales workers and managers. Candidates may also land seasonal work during the holidays. Employees enjoy working flexible shifts in the following positions:
- Duties include helping customers find merchandise, setting up displays, and cleaning up assigned areas.
- Hourly rates begin at minimum wage.
- Workers who work well in team setting along with strong people skills are idea candidates.
- Stock team employees are responsible for receiving shipments and organizing back rooms.
- Stock associates work various shifts and often start at $9.00 per hour.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills are important for stock associates.
- Managerial duties regularly include scheduling, hiring, and training employees as well as interacting with customers and helping staff.
- Assistant managers may work part-time or full-time and make around $13.00 an hour. Store managers earn as much as $30,000 to $40,000 a year.
- Both store and assistant managers must be able to use supervising skill sets to keep the store in order. Candidates who possess traits such as leadership, team work, and level-headedness are great for filling managerial roles.
Tips for Applying
The retail chain asks that candidates fill out paper applications in store. Gather all necessary information beforehand to save time. Potential employees should wear Hollister clothing when filling out application forms. Putting together an eye-catching outfit can lead to on-the-spot interviews with hiring managers.
Most workers call or visit stores to check on application status. The hiring process takes a few days to a week to complete. Visiting stores to follow up with managers shows a genuine interest in working for the clothing chain.
Benefits of Working at Hollister
Hollister gives employees up to 50% off merchandise. Other job benefits are based on part-time or full-time status and include:
- Sick days
- Paid vacation and insurance options
Ongoing training programs and 401(k) retirement plans are provided to eligible associates, as well.
Added Information on Hollister
Hollister stores are made to look like California beach clubs with mood lighting, palm fronds, and trendy music. Locations also provide comfortable seating such as leather couches and recliners. The fitting rooms are even designed to look like beachfront changing rooms.