At What Age Does Chipotle Hire
The minimum age to apply at Chipotle is 16 years old. This includes entry level positions and part time jobs. State laws may limit the number of hours and days a minor can work per week. Underage employees may also not be able to work evening shifts or handle certain tasks due to safety hazards.
How Old Do I Have To Be to Work at Chipotle?
- Does Chipotle Hire at 17? Yes. Anyone at or above the age of 16 can apply for a job at Chipotle.
- Does Chipotle Hire at 16? – Yes. The minimum age to work at Chipotle is 16 for applicants with a work permit.
- Does Chipotle Hire at 15? – No. Chipotle only employs people at age 16 and older.
- Does Chipotle Hire at 14? – No. Chipotle does not hire minors below 16 years old.
Qualifications for Young Applicants
Depending on state laws, employees under the age of 18 may need a work permit before starting a job at Chipotle. They also must have a form of identification and authorization to work in the United States. For entry-level positions, applicants do not need a high school diploma or GED. However, those with a diploma have a better chance obtaining a role in management.
During an interview, managers prefer applicants who are friendly, love to help others, and want to learn how to cook. Potential hires should have reliable transportation and the ability to communicate in the primary language of the restaurant’s location. Chipotle offers many benefits for young workers including tuition assistance and flexible schedules.
Available Entry-Level Positions
- Restaurant Team Member – Chipotle employees receive training to work all roles. Depending on the shift and their experience or age, a crew member may serve as a dishwasher, cashier, grill cook, food prep or perform janitorial duties. Workers have an expectation to perform tasks on demand and must be willing to work as a team.
- Prep Cook – Although employees carry many roles, those working in the kitchen typically prepare food and ingredients while sometimes serving as grill cooks. This involves handling knives and operating hot stoves. Cooks may also run cash register when staffing is short and should be able to multi-task.