At What Age Does Subway Hire?
Minors hoping for a chance to work at the most popular submarine sandwich franchise in the United States may wonder, “At what age does Subway hire?” Though the company reserves managerial positions for applicants aged 18 and over, Subway often offers entry-level work to hopefuls as young as 15. Job seekers should check the child labor regulations in their state to make sure they are eligible for hire.
Hiring Process & Qualifications
After completing the application process and attending interviews, promising candidates typically receive job offers from hiring managers over the phone within a few days. Some franchises may require new hires to pass a drug test before they start work. These employees often start off earning minimum wage, but can make up to $12.00 per hour over time. Careers in management carry additional job requirements and a more rigorous hiring process. The company will generally mandate previous managerial experience in the fast food industry. Culinary experience may improve odds of employment with the submarine sandwich chain, as well.
Available Entry-Level Positions
- Sandwich Artist- Sandwich artists greet customers and prepare food to order. Routine tasks include washing hands before handling food items, using knives to cut bread, speaking with customers throughout the sandwich preparation process, operating toaster ovens, and keeping work stations clean at all times.
- Cashier- Cashiers practice upselling techniques and ring up final purchases at the end of food assembly line via POS systems. Basic math and computer skills prove necessary for these associates.
Team members who demonstrate good customer service skills and strong work ethics often receive advancement opportunities to supervisory or key holder positions, which come with additional responsibilities and increased pay.
How Old Do I Have to Be to Work at Subway?:
- Does Subway Hire at 17?– Yes. Subway often hires 17-year-olds.
- Does Subway Hire at 16?– Yes. The general minimum age requirement for Subway employees is 16.
- Does Subway Hire at 15?– Yes. Some state regulations allow minors as young as 15 to work at Subway.
- Does Subway Hire at 14?– No. Minors under 15 are unable to obtain jobs at Subway.