At What Age Does Wendy’s Hire?
Prior to applying for available jobs, applicants generally need to know at what age does Wendy’s hire. Luckily for individuals under 18, the hamburger chain hires new staff as young as sixteen in most areas and even younger in others with proper permits from local governments. The low age requirements provide access to viable employment options with little-to-no experience and no real need for high school educations or GED equivalents.
Wendy’s hiring process differs depending on location and the volume of applicants. Traditionally, candidates go through a round or two of in-person screenings to determine eligibility before hiring. In some cases, however, employees receive informal, on-the-spot job offers upon submitting applications. Entry-level associates receive starting pay between $9.00 and $12.00 per hour but may earn quarterly raises as they gain experience.
Available Entry-Level Positions
- Team Member– A typical team member carries out multiple functions, including sanitation of kitchen, counter, and dining areas, ringing up purchases, preparing food, stocking supplies, and interacting with customers. Line cooks are also included in this category, but federal law prohibits minors under 16 from performing food prep or cooking tasks.
Individuals with excellent interpersonal skills and outgoing personalities generally make ideal candidates for team member jobs. Experience in food preparation may prove advantageous as well, although the fast food chain trains entry-level associates upon hire.
How Old Do I Have to Be to Work at Wendy’s?:
- Does Wendy’s Hire at 17? Yes. Many 17-year-olds hold jobs at Wendy’s.
- Does Wendy’s Hire at 16? Yes. Sixteen is the minimum age requirement for gaining employment at Wendy’s.
- Does Wendy’s Hire at 15? Yes. Some states allow Wendy’s to consider 15-year-olds with work permits for hire.
- Does Wendy’s Hire at 14? Yes. Fourteen-year-olds with work permits can work cashier and cleaning positions in some Wendy’s locations depending on state child labor laws.