At What Age Does Winn-Dixie Hire?
With many southeastern states allowing minors to join the workforce at 13, Winn-Dixie is a popular choice for young people who are looking for jobs. Typically, the supermarket prefers that their entry-level employees be at least 16 years of age. However, there are some positions that are available to younger teens. Management jobs and tasks involving the handling of dangerous equipment or the sale of alcohol and tobacco products must be at least 18.
How Old Do I Have to Be to Work at Winn-Dixie?:
- Does Winn-Dixie Hire at 17?– Yes. Winn-Dixie often hires 17-year-olds to work in their store.
- Does Winn-Dixie Hire at 16?– Yes. The company generally prefers to hire people who are 16 and older.
- Does Winn-Dixie Hire at 15?– Yes. Some state laws allow 15-year-olds to perform non-hazardous tasks at Winn-Dixie, regardless of work permit status.
- Does Winn-Dixie Hire at 14?– Yes. Fourteen-year-olds may gain positions as courtesy clerks at Winn-Dixie.
Some Job Qualifications
In order to qualify for employment at Winn-Dixie, job seekers need to meet the basic hiring requirements. Applicants who are 14 and 15 may need a work permit depending on the laws of their state. Candidates who are over the age of 17 must have a high school diploma or GED. All prospective employees must also have the ability to pass pre-employment drug tests and background checks.
Available Entry-Level Positions
- Cashier – Stationed at frontend checkout aisles, cashiers handle completion of sales transactions.
- Courtesy Clerk – Courtesy clerks assist cashiers by bagging groceries and other purchases for customers, and offer additional assistance as needed.
- Department Associate – Department associates and stock employees work throughout the supermarket to ensure the sales floor remains clean and fully stocked. Department associates also perform specific departmental duties, like preparing baked goods or slicing deli meats,
- Stocker – Winn-Dixie stockers maintain the inventory in the back of the store, and re-stocks shelves and merchandise displays.