McDonald’s is the world’s leading fast-food restaurant chain. The company serves over 60 million customers each day in more than 100 countries.
Facts About Working at McDonalds
Minimum Age to Work at McDonalds: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at McDonalds?)
McDonalds Hours of Operation: Hours vary by location
Available Positions at McDonalds: Cashier, crew chief, crew manager, crew member, customer service representative, maintenance technician, night manager, shift manager
Drive for Lyft! Call 855-407-9995 to apply
McDonald’s Employee Videos
Listen to former employees discuss working at McDonald’s:
McDonald’s Employment Opportunities
No Experience Necessary
In many cases, the company will hire promising candidates with no food service experience.
Entry-Level McDonald’s Jobs
Entry-level candidates are often high school students and young adults, but the company employs people of all ages. Demonstrated leadership ability or experience in beginner positions may lead to future managerial roles.
McDonald’s Positions and Salary Information
1.9 million workers enjoy McDonald’s careers at over 30,000 global locations. As one of the most prevalent companies in the world, jobs are always available.
- These associates keep restaurants clean and prepare all menu items.
- They are expected to take accurate orders and keep supplies stocked.
- Crew members can work both full-time and part-time.
- Applicants must be at least 14 years of age.
- The starting pay rate is usually around $9.00 an hour.
- Look at the McDonald’s crew members job description.
- Cashiers work front counters and take orders.
- They also serve dine-in customers and handle money.
- At times, these associate operate the drive-thru.
- Use of a cash register requires a minimum age of 16.
- This entry-level job has a pay rate of around $9 an hour.
- Read the McDonald’s cashier job description.
- Their goal is to make sure customers have a great experience every time they visit.
- Shift managers are responsible for food safety, internal communication, and scheduling.
- This McDonald’s career provides 25 to 40 hours weekly.
- Employees receive salary packages of up to $26,000 per year.
- Workers need to be 18 or older.
- Browse the McDonald’s manager job description.
- McDonald’s maintenance technicians clean food prep equipment, including oil fryers.
- They also preserve the outside grounds, change light bulbs, and unload trucks.
- The hourly wage begins at about $10.00.
- Read the McDonald’s maintenance worker job description.
Tips for Applying
The company website is the best resource when looking for a McDonald’s job. The page has a career portal where prospects can apply online for multiple positions. Many restaurants offer in-store paper job applications for those who may not have internet access.
Job Interview Status
Upon submitting a McDonald’s application form, candidates can expect to hear back from hiring managers within two weeks. Prospects are contacted via telephone or email if chosen for interviews. Use the career portal to review your McDonald’s job application status at any time.
Job Benefits when Working at McDonald’s
In addition to developing job skills, there are other employment benefits to being a McDonald’s worker. Associates enjoy:
- Flexible scheduling
- Educational assistance
- Cost reductions on both used and new cars
Additional perks include childcare discounts and decreased menu item prices. Full-time associates can earn job benefits such as:
- Healthcare coverage
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement plans
Additional Background on McDonald’s
McDonald’s is a proud member of the White House’s Joining Forces Coalition. The program has awarded over 100,000 career paths to veterans. G.I. Jobs Magazine recognizes the restaurant chain as a military-friendly employer.