With more than 4,000 locations across 42 states, O'Reilly Auto Parts currently stands as one of the largest automotive parts retailers in the country. The company maintains a commitment to customer service and seeks individuals who show enthusiasm, dedication, and respect to customers at all times. With ongoing expansion efforts, the auto parts industry retailer consistently seeks new staff.
Facts About Working at O'Reily Auto Parts
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at O'Reilly Auto Parts?)
Available Positions: Retail Service Specialist, Installer Service Specialist, Department Supervisor, Parts Specialist, Store Manager
O’Reilly Auto Parts Interview Videos
O’Reilly Auto Parts Job Opportunities
Operating as one of the largest specialty retailers of automotive parts, tools, supplies, and equipment serving both professionals and DIYers, O’Reilly Auto Parts employs thousands of workers in both retail and warehouse settings. Most entry-level positions possess minimum hiring requirements, such as standing at least 18 years of age and possession of a high school diploma or equivalent. Familiarity with auto parts also stands as a positive trait to hold, though not necessary in order to receive consideration for a position.
Individuals with prior supervisory experience, certifications, and degrees may qualify for managerial careers and specialized roles like machine shop positions. Managers typically run day-to-day operations and must project solid leadership skills, team-building expertise, and superior knowledge of auto parts and services. Additionally, managers should display excellent interpersonal skills, possess scheduling flexibility, and show passion for setting examples of respect, honesty, and safety. In addendum to prior experience and college degrees, managers may also need to stand at least 21 years old to receive consideration for employment.
O’Reilly Auto Parts Positions and Salary Information
The auto parts industry giant consistently seeks new staff to man various positions in an ever-growing and expanding company. O’Reilly offers candidates a straightforward, accessible application process and minimal hiring requirements for most entry-level positions. The most readily-available jobs include:
- Generally responsible for maintaining the sales floor, and keeping merchandise fronted, stocked, and clean, a cashier must also greet customers with enthusiasm on every occasion. 3
- A store cashier should display excellent interpersonal skills, basic math aptitudes, and superb organizational abilities.
- Additionally, employees may need to deliver parts and products to businesses.
- A store cashier may earn a starting wage of around $8.00 to $9.00 an hour.
Store Counter Sales
- A sales clerk retains accountability for providing consumers with assistance in obtaining parts, offering professional advice and recommendations of required services and replacement parts, answering and taking telephone orders, offering pricing quotes, and promoting all company customer service programs.
- Store counter sales associates must possess knowledge of mechanics and automotive parts, demonstrate exceptional communicative capabilities, and enjoy interacting with the general public.
- The ability to convey information to customers unfamiliar with automotive language in a relatable way also proves positive.
- Store counter sales employees typically earn $9.00 hourly to start, with the possibility of earning up to $13.00 an hour over time.
Store Machine Shop
- Machine shop employees repair a variety of automotive parts including crankshafts, brake drums and rotors, rods, and engine heads and blocks.
- To perform the position efficiently, associates must hold knowledge and experience with automotive engines and components, show capacity for operating various tools and equipment, and utilize company-mandated quality control procedures.
- Additional certifications and trainings may deem necessary in order to secure the position.
- Store machine shop associates may earn up to $12.00 an hour.
The management teams with the auto parts industry leader hold many different duties.
- Managers must supervise subordinate staff, train new team members on store procedures, customer assistance, and product knowledge, and assist in merchandising efforts.
- Supervisors may also assist in outside sales calls to customers in order to maintain effective customer service.
- Store managers must show profitability, maintain effective teams, and project positive images reflective of corporate aspirations and goals.
- Previous experience, additional schooling, and ASE certification may provide preference over candidates without.
- Assistant managers may expect annual salaries between $24,000 and $28,000, while store managers may earn upwards of $40,000 a year.
Tips For Applying
The online process for O’Reilly Auto Parts presents candidates with a straightforward and easily accessible application form. After selecting the position desired, applicants must fill in general information, shift preferences, and education and employment histories. Potential employees must also confirm possession of valid driver’s licenses and no criminal history. Job seekers remain encouraged to upload resumes to further increase opportunities and stand out in comparison to other applicants. Candidates should take the time to ensure information submitted remains accurate, complete, and without spelling errors. Failure to provide accurate information may disqualify candidates from employment consideration.
Applicants receive confirmation of submission via email once hiring personnel receive hiring forms. Applicants who choose to apply in store may receive immediate interview, though not necessarily. If not contacted within a week of applying, candidates may wish to contact store managers directly, either via telephone or in person. Job seekers should remain conscientious of peak store hours and other managerial duties in order to not become a nuisance. Hiring personnel typically set up interviews with the most qualified persons and move through the interviewing process for most entry-level jobs relatively quickly.
O’Reilly Auto Parts Work Benefits
O’Reilly Auto Parts offers employees:
- Competitive wages, paid training, and access to a variety of work benefits.
- Eligible employees enjoy medical, dental, vision, and prescription care as well as disability coverage.
- Additionally, the company provides retirement options, such as enrollment in company 401(k) retirement plans.
- Full-time employees also receive paid time off, vacation and holiday pay, and sick leave.
Additional Information about O’Reilly Auto Parts
The nationwide automotive parts retailer provides customers the opportunity to enroll in the company O’Rewards program. The rewards card offers customers points for every purchase. Points accumulate and provide shoppers with coupons for up to $5.00 off a purchase. Additionally, customers may amass points through friend referrals, creating profiles on ORewards.com, and receiving members-only offers and in-store promotions.