International frozen yogurt chain Red Mango operates more than 200 locations in the United States alone and provides workers thousands of viable options for employment in the expanding ice cream industry. The popular frozen dessert retailer hires for both part-time and full-time jobs.
Facts About Working at Red Mango
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Red Mango?)
Available Positions: Team Member, Shift Supervisor, Store Manager
Red Mango Job Opportunities
Red Mango began in Seoul, Korea, in 2002 and later debuted in American markets in Los Angeles, CA, in 2007. Most store locations reside in major metropolitan areas, which allow widespread brand awareness among the dense populations of surrounding communities. Consistent patronage resulting from extensive accessibility and flourishing international expansion spurs continued growth of the chain and facilitates needs for new employees. Employment opportunities available with the popular chain include entry-level team member jobs and professional careers in management. Regardless of position, workers encounter bright, vibrant, and lively job settings featuring opportunities for fulfilling, life-long careers.
Most employees assume part-time customer service positions upon hire, which include regular interaction with the general public, including recommending menu items based on diets. Personal interests in healthy living regularly benefit aspiring team members and managers looking to join Red Mango staffs. The frozen yogurt company places heavy emphasis on healthy alternatives to traditional desserts. Prospective associates must embody active, personable, and energetic lifestyles in order to gain hiring consideration. Passion for the brand often complements other desired attributes sought after in potential workers, as well.
Red Mango Employment Prospects and Salary Options
The entry-level employment opportunities available at Red Mango frozen yogurt stores represent excellent jobs for inexperienced or young workers. Applicants typically must only meet the minimum age for employment consideration and possess reliable transportation to and from work. Prospective managers generally run into stiffer hiring requirements, such as meeting the age of 18 and holding prior and related experience in the food service industry. Entry-level job seekers only need to stand 16 or older. Candidates interested in either line of work may take interest in the following job titles:
- Red Mango team members carry out basic tasks throughout given shifts.
- The traditionally part-time job title involves prepping equipment, taking food orders, operating cash registers, completing transactions, cleaning cashier, dining, bathroom, and backroom areas, and answering questions regarding flavors and ingredients.
- Outgoing and courteous individuals best represent successful team member associate qualities.
- The average team member makes minimum wage.
- Motivated team members may receive promotion into assistant manager or store manager job titles.
- The prominent frozen yogurt retailer also hires outside candidates to fill managerial careers.
- Assistant managers take primary responsibility for team member staffs, including scheduling employees, hiring and training new workers, and delegating daily duties.
- Store managers typically oversee administrative aspects of operations, such as driving sales, motivating subordinate workers, ordering supplies, and merchandising.
- Hourly pay scales for assistant managers begin around $11.00 and top out at $13.00 or $14.00.
- Store managers earn annual salary options reaching upwards of $45,000 with experience.
Tips For Applying
Applicants who enjoy fun and energetic surroundings regularly thrive as Red Mango employees. Work settings often place new-hires into varying environments. Some hours of the day may prove fast-paced and loud, while others may feature little-to-no interaction with customers. Job seekers must display abilities to work with others as well as independently, regardless of customer traffic, in order to keep operations running smoothly. Taking initiative and completing tasks fully and without asking often impresses hiring personnel and leads to job offers.
In most cases, the hiring process for entry-level team members last only a few days and requires little in the way of formal interviewing. Applicants typically hear back from the frozen yogurt retailer the same day or the next after submitting employment forms online or in-person. Handing in the necessary hiring documents usually results in on-the-spot interviews, which negates the need to follow up with the popular dessert chain. However, applicants waiting more than a day or two to hear back from Red Mango should visit locations in person or call the appropriate managers in order to follow up on submitted employment materials and overall status with the company.
Benefits of Working at Red Mango
Entry-level positions available foster professional communication skills and prepare associates for career-level jobs. Workers also enjoy discounts on menu items, flexible scheduling, paid training, and access to job benefits packages. Typical work benefits include:
- Healthcare coverage
- Paid time off, and
- 401(k) retirement plans.
Employment benefits eligibility requirements historically hinge on full-time status in managerial roles.
Added Details on Red Mango
Red Mango offers unique dairy treats. Customers may enjoy completely gluten-free, Halal, Kosher, and fat-free options in every flavor. The retailer also infuses each treat with probiotic live and active cultures of bacteria. Menus also feature fair-trade and certified organic ingredients. Company mission statements largely center on the ideas of fair-trade, healthy living, and organic sourcing of materials.