Equipment Rental Jobs

Equipment Rental Job Openings & Employment Applications Online

Apply online to find the professional or entry-level rental job you’ve been searching for.


Companies:

Aaron's Application

Rent A Center Application

U Haul Application

Overview of the Equipment Rental Industry
The broad scope of the equipment rental industry creates an extensive range of regularly available jobs suitable for candidates with various backgrounds, interests, and amounts of experience. Equipment rental jobs involve leasing products to customers who need the rented items temporarily. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics categorizes employment in the equipment rental industry according to whether the work entails leasing consumer goods for private use or industrial equipment for commercial purposes. Common items rented by private consumers include automobiles, moving trucks, and home furnishings, while commercial establishments often lease construction equipment and heavy machinery to support business operations.

equipment rental jobs
Now hiring: equipment rental centers

Types of Jobs
Nationwide, more than 545,000 employees work in the equipment rental industry. Over 80 percent of equipment rental jobs remain classified as entry-level, production, or nonsupervisory positions, while the other 20 percent of the industry workforce serve as supervisors or managers. The notable difference between the number of nonsupervisory jobs and management positions reflects an industrywide need for qualified entry-level associates to fill the majority of current vacancies in the field. While some equipment rental companies may require job seekers to have some prior knowledge of the products available for lease, many employers offer full training to inexperienced candidates who otherwise demonstrate an aptitude for sales and customer service.

Positions Available
Sales skills and customer service abilities rank among the most important hiring criteria attached to equipment rental jobs, especially counter clerk and retail salesperson positons. Counter clerks handle the paperwork and other finalizing details of equipment rentals, while retail salespersons help customers select the appropriate item. Both positions pay between $11.00 and $13.00 an hour, on average. Many equipment rental facilities also employ cleaners to keep the inventory in good condition. Featuring a median hourly wage of nearly $10.00, cleaner jobs prove especially accessible at businesses specializing in the rental of cars or home furnishings. Establishments renting out industrial equipment and heavy machinery often need drivers to provide delivery services, which typically fetch an average wage of $13.00 or $14.00 per hour.

Industry Outlook
As the growth of the equipment rental industry continues to outpace the growth of the national economy overall, equipment rental jobs should become even more widely available in the near future. Market research conducted by the American Rental Association (ARA) projects the equipment rental industry to grow between 7 and 10 percent each year through 2018. The rebounding construction industry enjoys responsibility for much of the forecasted growth, with more than 90 percent of contractors intending to rent, rather than buy, equipment in 2014 alone. Individuals seeking employment with security and advancement opportunities generated by steady, industrywide expansion should apply for equipment rental jobs.