As one of the most widely recognizable financial firms in the United States, Wells Fargo serves millions of customers on an annual basis. Job seekers looking for employment in the financial services industry may find viable career paths with the nationwide firm, including positions in customer service, banking, administration, accounting, and management.
Facts About Working at Wells Fargo
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Wells Fargo?)
Available Positions: Bank Teller, Customer Service Representative, Data Entry Clerk, Administrative Assistant, Personal Banker, Loan Officer, Accountant, Sales Associate, Financial Advisor, Financial Planner, Risk Analyst, Marketing Analyst, Human Resources Generalist, Project Manager, Branch Manager
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Wells Fargo Employee Interview Videos
Wells Fargo Job Opportunities
Wells Fargo primarily operates as a personal banking entity, which works directly with customers and commercial outfits to provide solid financial advice, checking and savings accounts, and loan disbursement services. Many of the jobs available with the financial firm elicit regular human interaction in addition to consistent use of computers to enter data and track market trends. Working environments also involve a great deal of time spent sitting at desks, although customer service jobs typically involve conversing with customers at regular intervals.
Due to the nature of the industry, Wells Fargo applicants must exude reliable and trustworthy personality traits. Most positions put associates in charge of thousands of dollars in some respect or another. The financial firm runs background checks to ensure employees qualify for available jobs as well as conduct drug screening and multiple rounds of interviews prior to official hire. Entry-level job titles, like bank teller and customer service representative, generally only require workers pass basic employment screenings to receive honest consideration for available positions. Upper-level opportunities in management and careers in the company home offices often require advanced education and backgrounds in the financial services industry.
Wells Fargo Positions and Salary Information
Financial institutions like Wells Fargo generally impose strict hiring requirements. Applicants must stand at least 18 years of age, hold high school diplomas, and possess at least a year of experience dealing with customers. Prior banking experience may also prove beneficial. Positions for hire regularly include:
- Each day, tellers encounter wide varieties of customers in professional settings.
- The prominent firm expects new hires to complete multiple transactions within a given day and provide outstanding assistance in the process.
- Tellers balance cash drawers, issue withdrawals, enter deposits, and check customer account balances.
- Workers also explain services provided and promotions.
- The ability to use computers efficiently and work both independently and as part of a team also prove favorable for teller applicants.
- The job features part-time and full-time shift capabilities.
- Banks generally close for national holidays and Sundays.
- Average hourly pay for Wells Fargo bank tellers sits around $11.00, with starting rates between minimum wage and $8.00.
Customer Sales and Service Representative
- An entry-level job title featuring direct contact with customers, customer sales and service representative jobs, or CSSR positions, also provide part-time and full-time opportunities for work.
- CSSR employees take responsibility for retaining customers and selling services.
- Workers typically use telephone or email to contact prospective or current clients to pitch services or inquire about overall customer satisfaction.
- Personable individuals who feel comfortable cold-calling often make ideal CSSR associates.
- Patience also proves a necessary trait of CSSR workers, as daily interactions may include phone calls, emails, or other exchanges with clients under potentially stressful pretenses.
- Professional demeanors and the ability to calmly resolve conflicts improve odds of hiring; however, sales skills outweigh all other qualifications.
- CSSR pay rates begin around $11.00 per hour and rise to more than $15.00 over time.
- Each department operating within Wells Fargo branches require teams of staff in order to ensure smooth delivery of services.
- Career seekers looking for work with added responsibilities may take interest in managerial roles within banking departments.
- Experience required to assume managerial jobs ranges from one year of semi-related experience to multiple years of highly related experience specific to the banking industry.
- Criminal background checks carry even more weight in deciding managerial eligibility as well as leadership, organizational, and motivational qualities.
- Some careers in management feature annual salary options starting at $30,000.
- With experience and tenure, managers may make as much as $80,000 to $100,000 annually.
Tips For Applying
In order to access Wells Fargo jobs, applicants must register and create online profiles with the firm via the company careers page. Once registers, workers may apply online for multiple jobs by entering keywords into search fields and browsing updated lists of positions. Job hopefuls must provide accurate and updated information. Failure to complete the online application entirely or attempts to provide false or outdated information may result in immediate dismissal from candidate pools.
After submitting the appropriate employment documents, workers may enter the login information used to access available jobs and apply for positions to review outstanding applications. Job seekers may also call or email hiring personnel at branch locations of choice. Workers should tailor follow-up methods around branch hours, as certain times of day may prove more convenient for prospective associates.
Benefits of Working at Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo jobs provide excellent opportunities to earn competitive salary options and gain valuable industry experience. Workers enjoy:
- Paid training and career development opportunities in addition to experience and lucrative pay.
- Employment benefits packages offered to qualified individuals include paid time off, 401(k) retirement plans, profit sharing plans, wellness programs, tuition reimbursement and scholarship opportunities, commuter perks, and discounts on in-house services.
- Job benefits packages availability and eligibility may vary by position and branch location.
Further Information on Wells Fargo
The financial firm reaches out to veterans and provides several ways for former soldiers to find work with substantial pay and job benefits. Career opportunities include positions both domestically and internationally. Wells Fargo operates a Veteran Career Services department, which specializes in job placement for former U.S. military. The department sponsors hiring events, corporate partnerships, and social media programs to help the inactive soldiers find jobs.