Leading flower delivery service and retailer 1-800-Flowers.com hires candidates for work in the retail industry. Diverse employment opportunities remain available for entry-level applicants and career-minded professionals alike.
Facts About Working at 1-800-Flowers
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at 1 800 Flowers?)
Available Positions: Customer Service Specialist, Associate Category Manager, Director-Project Manager Office, Senior Manager-Florist Relations & Quality Assurance, Floral Relations Specialist, , Key Account Manager
1-800-Flowers Employment Opportunities
The successful floral retailer continually hires new workers to keep up with growing demands. As more people buy flowers from the service and popularity grows, job creation also increases. Many positions, such as customer service representative roles, provide entry-level opportunities. Experienced professionals seeking retail careers also find work with 1-800-Flowers.com. The chain hires for administrative, marketing, and web design positions at the main offices location, which reside in Carle Place, NY.
Job opportunities with the retailer remain lucrative. As of 2015, around 4,000 people worked for 1-800-Flowers.com. Positions range from in-house customer service roles and delivery driver jobs to careers in management. Overall, entry-level jobs prove the most commonly available with the retailer. Candidates may apply for work to gain valuable industry experience, competitive salary packages, and flexible scheduling options.
1-800-Flowers.com Jobs and Salary Options
Aspiring workers 18 years of age and older may apply for employment openings with 1-800-Flowers.com. Seasonal, temporary, and part-time job options sit in the most widespread abundance with the company. However, full-time opportunities also remain accessible based on qualifications and current market demand. Applicants regularly succeed in obtaining the following jobs:
Customer Service Representative
- Customer service representatives primarily answer patron phone calls and deal with pressing questions.
- Employees must possess detailed knowledge of company practices, available flower packages and pricing, and current promotions to best assist customers.
- Though candidates with previous experience may gain an edge during the hiring process, customer service positions largely prove available to entry-level applicants with or without experience.
- Customer service associates typically make about $9.00 per hour.
- Employees may work from home, at retail outlets, or call centers.
- Earning around $10.00 an hour, florists grow and arrange flowers for sale.
- Work responsibilities include cutting and packaging flowers, answering phones, and interacting with customers.
- Employees must also make recommendations based on the budget and stylistic taste of customers as well as the occasion at hand.
- Consequently, workers must stand very knowledgeable about current floral trends and possess basic awareness of botany.
- The employer usually expects candidates to possess high school diplomas and may show preference to applicants with formal training or certification.
- Creative and artistic individuals often fare well when applying for florist jobs.
Tips For Applying
Candidates must generally apply online to start work with 1-800-Flowers.com; however, job seekers may inquire about hiring practices in person at shop locations. Individuals with friendly personalities, customer service skills, and backgrounds in retail or floral arrangements tend to fare best when applying to the chain. Applicants should possess the ability to remain focused for extended lengths of time, as employees sometimes need to work for long uninterrupted periods. Hiring managers largely seek applicants with holiday availability, as certain times of year usually constitute the busiest for the chain in terms of sales and operations.
After submitting applications, job seekers may contact hiring personnel to follow up on employment documents. Making inquiries about application status shows dedication and interest in employment. Contact information for particular store locations stands available on the company website. Always show respect for the time and responsibilities of staffing managers. If necessary, wait patiently until individuals finish work before approaching to ask about applications.
Benefits of Working at 1-800-Flowers.com
The company offers lucrative employment benefits to qualified workers. Medical insurance, often including dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage, normally proves available to eligible individuals. Financial job benefits include 401(k) retirement plans and performance-based bonuses. Advancement opportunities and flexible scheduling options also prove easily accessible to dedicated employees. Paid time off and vacation days may stand available for full-time associates, as well.
Further Details on 1-800-Flowers.com
Founded in 1976, 1-800-Flowers.com remains one of the leading players in the floral industry. The company features everyday options and distinctive packages for special occasions, such as such as proms, graduations, holidays, weddings, and birthday parties. In addition to flowers and plants, the floral chain offers gift baskets, chocolates, and wine. The corporation also owns Fannie May Confections, Ambrosia Wine, and The Popcorn Factory.