76 generates jobs throughout a widespread network of gasoline filling stations. The American petrol chain presents stable employment options for individuals desiring customer service work in the fuel industry. Entry-level job seekers enjoy favorable hiring prospects with the company.
Facts About Working at 76 Gas Station
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at 76 Gas Station?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Shift Manager, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Maintenance Worker
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
76 Employment Opportunities
Established in 1932, 76 maintains a recognizable name in the petroleum trade. Workers traditionally find jobs fueling vehicles and operating cash registers. Like most gas outlets, company stores offer a wide variety of items for customers to purchase, including potato chips, candy bars, alcoholic beverages, and soft drinks as well as different types of octane. Employees efficiently handle patron inquiries and aid in searches for particular products to get individuals back to the road on schedule. Formerly known as Union 76, the company remains a reliable source of employment for many Americans.
76 locations often operate in densely populated metropolitan areas. The high volume of traffic undertaken by the chain creates steady business as motorists refuel cars and purchase snacks. Employment seekers may find especially plentiful career opportunities with the fuel company in New York, California, Pennsylvania, and Hawaii. Owned by multinational energy company Phillips 66, the brand maintains profitable operations throughout the United States.
76 Jobs and Pay Scales
Applicants must stand at least 18 years of age to gain employment with the company. Through on-the-job training, employees become efficient and valuable members of service teams. Gas station jobs frequently exist for part-time and full-time workers. Available positions at 76 include:
Customer Service Associate
- Earning an hourly wage of about $8.75, customer service associates handle the majority of in-store functions at 76 stations.
- Also referred to as sales clerks, the workers function as cashiers and stockers in the convenience store interior.
- Characteristic duties include processing cash and bank card transactions, replenishing shelf items, and maintaining general cleanliness in the retail area.
- At stations offering full-service options, customer service employees must also pump gas, fill tires with air, and wash car windows for patrons.
- Though the company prefers to hire candidates with previous work experience or high school diplomas, service associate positions remain easily accessible to entry-level candidates joining the workforce for the first time.
- Assistant managers oversee most of the routine operations at 76 service stations.
- The leadership position involves training new employees in the fast-paced environment, making work schedules, helping difficult or disgruntled patrons, and assisting with everyday duties during busy periods.
- Managers also uphold safety policies and maintain hazard-free work environments through discipline and attentive monitoring of daily procedures.
- Pay rates for full-time assistant managers typically fall into the $9.00 to $10.00 per hour range.
Tips For Applying
During interviews, hiring managers normally ask about relevant work experience and schedule flexibilities. The company prefers candidates with higher levels of availability. Employees may need to regularly work nights and weekends, as some stores remain open 24 hours a day. The interview also serves as a way for the employer to determine if candidates possess friendly demeanors suitable for customer service environments. Smile and confidently answer questions in respectful manners to demonstrate comfort with personal interactions.
Though some locations provide printable applications online, 76 usually requires job seekers to submit hiring forms in person. Candidates should follow up on the status of the application process by making a phone call or visiting the store about a week after applying. Dedicated job seekers consistently demonstrate interest and motivation and face higher chances of earning employment with the gasoline retail company. Business-casual attire generally proves acceptable for applicants to wear when visiting the gas station to follow up on submitted applications.
Benefits of Working at 76
76 gas stations offer reasonable salary options and provide valuable work experience for new members of the labor force. During slower periods of business, flexible break options exist for workers. Employees may expect to work reliable hours once schedules become set. Many locations offer complimentary beverages to employees during work shifts, as well. Full-time managers with tenure may qualify for additional job benefits, which often include medical coverage and 401(k) retirement plans.
More Details on 76
Designed by advertising executive Ray Pedersen in 1962, the iconic Orange Ball logo remains visually synonymous with 76. Styrofoam antenna toppers featuring a miniature likeness of the sphere serve as popular vehicle accessories. The item also carries historic merit and appeared prominently in the backgrounds of several feature films as well as at Dodger’s Stadium in Los Angeles until 2003. Thanks to support from the grassroots Save The 76 Ball campaign, devoted fans of the symbol successfully protect the legacy of the image from corporate redesign and even procure museum placement for several of the cultural artifacts.
Trevon Ridley says:
No I haven’t. But want to know how to apply.