Headquartered in Berlin, NJ, A.C Moore operates more than 130 stores throughout the Eastern United States. The chain specializes in selling arts and craft materials, like paper, paints, fabrics, sewing supplies, scrapbooking items, and custom frames. The ever-growing company frequently hires on artistic and imaginative workers to provide customer service and manage stores.
Facts About Working at A.C. Moore Arts & Crafts
Minimum Age to Work at A.C. Moore Arts & Crafts: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at A.C. Moore Arts & Crafts?)
A.C. Moore Arts & Crafts Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 10:00am-9:00pm; Sun: 11:00am-6:00pm
Available Positions at A.C. Moore Arts & Crafts: Store Associate, Overnight Associate, Custom Framing Specialist, Floral Specialist, Front End Specialist, Activities Specialist, Operations Specialist, Merchandising Supervisor, Logistics Supervisor, Assistant General Manager, General Manager in Training, General Manager, Housekeeping Person, Consolidator, Put-A-Way Specialist, Receiver, Replenishment Specialist, Picker, Loader
A.C. Moore Arts and Crafts Job Opportunities
As one of the leading arts and crafts retailers in the United States, A.C. Moore needs to staff locations with passionate and eclectic entry-level employees. Job seekers with little work experience obtain basic job titles such as store associate easily. Many hiring managers simply want applicants who demonstrate enthusiasm for the arts, some crafting aptitude, and customer service potential. Employees enjoy fair hourly wages and may even earn access to employee benefits and advancement opportunities.
The arts and crafts store requires the efforts of managers and supervisors to oversee store functionality and efficiency and to ensure complete customer satisfaction. Managers must maintain product supply levels, uphold cleanliness standards, and encourage employees to perform at a high level of excellence. Workers with several years of retail leadership and customer service experience may qualify for managerial positions at A.C. Moore. Job seekers should search for employment vacancies on the careers portal of the company website, and submit applications online to begin the hiring process.
A.C. Moore Arts and Crafts Positions and Salary Information
Some of the most popular positions at A.C. Moore include store associate, specialist, supervisor, assistant manager, and general manager. Entry-level job seekers must stand at least 16 years of age, while managers should meet age criteria of 18 or older. The retailer commonly lists openings for the following positions:
- Duties typically include helping customers find items, stocking products, cleaning, and operating cash registers. A.C. Moore also prefers store associates possess an affinity for arts and crafts in order to interact with customers and increase sales.
- Pay for store associates typically rests between $8.00 and $10.00 per hour.
- Workers with special skills and experience may earn job titles such as custom framing specialist, activities specialist, floral specialist, and frontend specialist.
- Custom framing remains one of the most popular employment opportunities at A.C. Moore, as the retailer needs team members to assist customers with choosing and assembling of frames.
- Activities specialists schedule various arts and crafts events and classes the retailer provides.
- Floral specialists make artificial flower arrangements and oversee the appearance and operations of the floral department.
- The front end specialist job title remains a customer service position, and associates help patrons by answering questions and solving issues.
- Front end specialists provide oversight to cashiers. Specialists garner wages from $8.00 to $15.00 per hour.
- Multiple types of supervisory positions become available at A.C. Moore Arts and Crafts.
- Typically a key holder position, supervisors open and close locations, oversee assigned departments, delegate duties to subordinates, and act as managers on duty in the absence of store managers. Supervisor salary options typically range from $9.00 to $12.00 per hour.
- Upper-level crew members, such as assistant general manager and general manager, see to the success and profitability of each store through employee development, merchandising, and strategic sales initiatives.
- Upper-level managers recruit promising candidates and ensure thorough training of each store associate.
- Managers also evaluate employee performances throughout the year to make certain each worker meets store standards and follows policies.
- Leaders tend to the overall store layout and guarantee inviting appearances to increase the sale of seasonal items and other merchandise.
- Administrative tasks may revolve around loss prevention and weekly or monthly inventory.
- Yearly salary rates range from $35,000 to $45,000 for assistant general managers, and general managers sometimes make in excess of $80,000 annually.
Tips For Applying
To begin the application process, job seekers ought to visit the A.C. Moore Arts and Crafts website, scroll down to the bottom of the homepage, and click on the Careers tab. After navigating the Careers page, applicants access a job search interface and discover open positions by denoting the type of position desired and location. Workers view open positions, read job descriptions, and click Apply For This Position after finding a desired job title. The application requires workers to submit contact information, availability, work background, education level, references, and military experience, if applicable. The arts and crafts store also gives applicants the option of attaching resumes and typing up brief cover letters in a space provided. The entire process may take up to an hour to complete. Ensure all required fields contain correct information before submitting applications.
Most hiring managers contact suitable applicants by phone within a week of receiving applications. Some applicants cite placing several follow-up phone calls to reiterate interest in the job before earning the opportunity to interview with the arts and crafts company. Maintain amicable tones when contacting a store to check on the status of an application and remain respectful of the manager’s time. Applicants may also choose to visit stores in person to speak with a manager. Job hopefuls who follow up in person should dress in business attire to demonstrate professionalism and sincere desire for the job. Find out when the store receives the least amount of traffic before visiting to increase the chances of speaking with a manager.
Benefits of Working at A.C. Moore Arts and Crafts
Qualified A.C Moore arts and crafts associates receive generous employee benefits packages consisting of:
- Future planning programs
- Store discounts, and
- Performance-based advancement opportunities.
Healthcare benefits may include medical insurance and dental plans. Future planning benefits such as 401(k) retirement and life insurance policies prove attractive offerings, as well.
Additional Information on A.C. Moore Arts and Crafts
Some locations occasionally hold children’s arts and crafts programs and classes. A.C Moore hires on classroom instructors to interact with children and teach various arts and crafts. The classroom instructors work with the activities specialist to schedule classes. The retailer needs talented instructors to research and create new crafts for each session. Team members with great communication skills must explain the craft-making process patiently and enthusiastically to make lessons enjoyable and successful for all attendees. Classroom instructors may earn similar salaries as specialist associates.