Providing clients with auto club services for more than 100 years, AAA values innovation, customer service, and team-oriented operations. Creative and client-focused individuals functioning well as part of collaborative workforces often gain hire and advancement opportunities within the company.
Facts About Working at AAA
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at AAA?)
Available Positions: Associate, Insurance Sales Agent, Service Vehicle Driver, Mechanic/Technician, Travel Counselor, Member Service Specialist, Branch Member Specialist, Branch Member Service Specialist, Claim Representative, Claims Team Manager, Trip Planner, Policy Service Specialist, Roadside Assistance Specialist, Call Center Customer Service Representative, Call Center Specialist, Insurance Service Representative, Member Service Consultant, Branch Manager
AAA Job Opportunities
AAA provides clients with travel plans, airline tickets, hotel reservations, rental cars, package vacations, and cruises in addition to automotive care and insurance. Job seekers with interests in related fields may find success pursuing work with the company. Experienced workers and career-starters alike may find various full-time and part-time entry-level positions with fair pay and attractive job benefits.
As an auto club with origins beginning immediately after the development of the first automobile, AAA takes the hiring process seriously in order to preserve a long-standing and reliable history of service. Gaining entry to the workforce may come easier to individuals seeking employment as branch specialists, since qualifications prove less demanding than travel agent jobs and sales agent positions. In general, the automotive club looks for workers able to carry out duties independently and interact with the general public on a daily basis, regardless of position desired.
AAA Positions and Salary Information
Applicants must stand at least 18 years old to receive employment consideration. While most positions require high school diplomas and minimal customer service or sales experience, salary options may increase and roles may advance in tandem with achieved tenure and experience with the company. A list of jobs frequently open to individuals seeking employment with the company sits below:
- Often working part-time and in-office, branch specialists provide AAA members with company services and products.
- Sales experience may prove necessary for employment, as branch specialist associates hold responsibility for selling and upgrading members.
- Issuing passport photos, processing travel transactions, promoting Visa rewards cards, and maintaining cash drawers represent other duties branch specialists complete.
- To qualify, candidates must hold high school diplomas, computer skills, travel familiarity, and two years of customer service experience.
- Branch specialists may receive between $25,000 and $35,000 in salary annually.
- Promoting, selling, arranging, and securing reservations for AAA members stand as the most vital functions of travel agent jobs.
- Maintaining knowledge of travel options and technologies as well as company policies, procedures, products, and services also make up crucial portions of the job.
- In addition, travel agents must operate travel websites, process requests, achieve personal revenue and productivity targets, and maintain invoices.
- Qualifications may include three years of travel agent experience, knowledge of geography and destinations, and sales and communication skills.
- Travel agents generally receive $8.00 and $13.00 an hour.
- Sales agents pursue potential customers via phone, snail mail, and personal contact.
- Knowledge of company options must exist to effectively advise clients on appropriate insurance coverage.
- Preparing necessary paperwork for customers, achieving assigned sales, negotiating renewals, and maintaining monthly logs tracking activity and production also serve as necessary elements of the job.
- Stronger hiring consideration may occur for candidates holding college degrees, two years of insurance sales experience, property and casualty insurance licenses, valid driver’s licenses, and communication skills.
- Reliability with confidential information and the ability to work autonomously also prove necessary. Sales agents may enjoy salary options falling between $35,000 and $40,000 annually.
Tips For Applying
To apply, job hopefuls must send cover letters and resumes including recent salary history to the careers email listed on the company webpage. Applicants should include the title of the desired job and the job number provided next to the job description within the cover letter and email. To ensure the application arrives safely, candidates should include the same information in the email subject line paired with the last name of the applicant. Resumes and cover letters should hold relevant hiring information mentioned within the job description to ensure proper consideration. Potential employees may also find success stopping by a location of desired hire with copies of current resumes to inquire about positions and current openings. Because the email address operates on a corporate level, individual store managers may hold the ability to better inform job hopefuls of employment possibilities.
Applicants may choose to follow up with the company by sending a second email or calling the human resources office a week or two after submitting job information. However, inquiries most often prove unnecessary, as qualifying candidates should receive phone calls or emails from hiring managers to request interviews. If contact does not occur, individuals may choose to apply for other positions. Efforts to ensure resume information matches qualities requested in the job description may help guarantee applicant success.
Benefits of Working at AAA
AAA employees build professional and enjoyable careers while receiving:
- Ideal pay and advancement opportunities within the company.
- Some workers may also prove eligible to receive job benefits.
- Most full-time employees receive work benefits packages including medical plans, dental, disability, and life insurance, vision programs, 401(k) retirement plans, educational assistance, paid vacation, holidays and sick days, AAA Plus membership, and AAA travel store discounts.
More Information on AAA
Established in 1902, AAA first began operations when very few cars occupied the streets. Today, the company takes services to a whole new level by offering premier versions of coverage, which upgrades standard services to include emergency towing, professional concierge services, travel accident insurance, emergency rental cars, and 24-hour emergency assistance.