The large private operations maintained by ABC Fine Wine & Spirits represent prime opportunities for entry-level and professional employment. Job seekers legally authorized to sell alcoholic beverages enjoy part-time and full-time scheduling options, career growth potential, and competitive pay.
Facts About Working at ABC Fine Wine & Spirits
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at ABC Fine Wine And Spirits?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Wine Consultant, Manager Trainee, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
ABC Fine Wine and Spirits Job Opportunities
Founded at the tail end of the Prohibition Era in the mid-1930s, ABC Liquors boasts a heavy regional presence throughout the State of Florida. With millions of people living within 50 miles or less of most locations, the chain enjoys high success rates and continues to thrive and spread into new markets. The popularity of the brand provides ongoing needs for new employees, as well. Prospective associates living in urban, suburban, and rural parts of the American Southeast regularly find meaningful work offering flexible scheduling.
A typical ABC Fine Wine & Spirits employee works part-time at start and moves into a full-time schedule through proven experience on the job. Operations center on working closely with customers to provide complete satisfaction with products and services. Applicants must adopt patron-friendly attitudes and work well with others in order to gain employment with the chain. The family-oriented values of each location require associates to learn customer names, become familiar with products lines, use effective sales tactics, and study promotions. Sales personnel generally spend a majority of each workday offering recommendations and directing customers to desired merchandise. Strong memorization skills and interpersonal skills represent ideal characteristics for prospective workers.
ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Employment Outlook and Pay Information
The network of nearly 150 locations offers more than 1,400 job opportunities for interested applicants. Workers in need of entry-level sales positions or aspiring staff searching for careers in management regularly find openings with the liquor store chain. New-hires receive paid training and access to work benefits packages over time. Minimum hiring ages hover around 21 years of age but often vary store to store and depending on position. The retail store consistently needs to hire for the following positions:
- In order to work as sales associates, applicants must stand at least 21 years of age, possess the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. comfortably throughout a given shift, and maintain open schedules, including nights, weekends, and holidays, if needed.
- The liquor and beer retailer also passes candidates through background checks, both criminal and financial, during the hiring process.
- Workers unable to pass both employment screenings typically receive dismissal from hiring pools.
- Primary job duties place sales associates behind checkout counters operating cash registers and answers questions about products, services, and policies.
- Additional responsibilities include stocking shelves, taking inventory, and cleaning work stations and sales floors.
- While inexperienced sales associates just starting out generally only receive minimum wage, individuals in sales roles often make an average of $9.50 per hour.
- Another position requiring each applicant to stand 21 years old, pass background checks, and possess the stamina to remain on foot for long periods of time, a wine consultant must also hold wide and extensive knowledge of wines and wine-related information.
- Customers rely on wine consultants to provide expert recommendations and to direct purchases to products best suited to personal needs.
- Workers must keep shelves stocked with new products and clean and organize wine sales floors as needed.
- Weekend and evening shifts prove common for the position in addition to holidays.
- Wine consultants often begin at $9.00 hourly and work into pay scales sometimes yielding as much as $40,000 to $50,000 annual salary, depending on skills, tenure, and position.
- Career-level managers-in-training oversee daily operations and work alongside upper-level managers to complete assigned responsibilities.
- Applicants must stand at least 21, enjoy working with others, and possess strong delegation abilities.
- Key tasks include supervising entry-level staffs, scheduling subordinate workers, communicating with vendors, closing out cash registers and calculating sales, ensure store cleanliness, and cater to customer needs.
- The position eventually leads to full managerial responsibilities as opportunities arise.
- As assistant managers, managers-in-training generally earn well above minimum wage, with pay scales sitting at $11.00 or $12.00 hourly on average.
- Unlike entry-level sales or consultant jobs, managers-in-training must work full-time hours.
Tips For Applying
The ability to pass background checks and maintain reliable transportation prove musts for employment. ABC Fine Wine & Spirits withholds opportunities for individuals lacking trustworthy pasts, both personally and professionally. Workers must remain drug and tobacco free in order to remain employed with the retail chain. Applicants with solid employment backgrounds and clear criminal histories often fare best during the hiring process. However, due to extensive and ongoing training programs, many locations hire on inexperienced workers with regularity.
Prior to submitting applications, workers must join the company Network of Talent, which serves as an online job-seeker pool. Candidates simply need to provide contact information and a valid email to join the Network of Talent and upload resumes. Positions in sales and some managerial roles may only take a week or so to gain employment. Many former applicants report meeting with hiring officials onsite at desired store locations after submitting applications. Others cite phone calls leading to in-person interviews. Applicants may use either method to check on the statuses of applications with the regional liquor store.
Benefits of Working at ABC Fine Wine & Spirits
Employment benefits often vary by location. In some cases, store owners may extend wholesale pricing on merchandise to qualified employees. Associates may also receive healthcare and financial planning assistance, including:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Medical and life insurance, and
- Paid time off.
Avenues for career growth and paid training also remain accessible.
More Information on ABC Fine Wine & Spirits
As a popular place to buy alcohols and other spirits, ABC Liquors regularly hosts tastings both onsite and offsite to broaden the knowledge of patrons. Each month, the retail chain offers dozens of beer and wine tastings at store locations or at local bars, restaurants, and public venues. Many stores maintain specific timeslots dedicated specifically to tastings during normal hours of operation. The tastings generally take place in the evening and vary products on rotational bases.