As a popular regional grocery store chain, Acme Fresh Markets provides hundreds of opportunities for work across Northeast Ohio. In the late 2000s, locations underwent serious renovations and need to hire on additional help to assist in operations at the expanded storefronts. The grocery store industry features excellent career paths and flexible scheduling. Associates receive competitive pay scales and enjoy supportive working conditions.
Facts About Working at Acme Markets
Minimum Age to Work at Acme Markets: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Acme Markets?)
Acme Markets Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 7:00am-10:00pm; Sun: 8:00am-10:00pm
Available Positions at Acme Markets: Cashier, Stock Associate, Sales Associate, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager
Acme Fresh Market Job Interview Videos
Acme Fresh Market Job Outlook
Entry-level jobs represent the most widely accessible forms of employment available at Acme Fresh Markets stores. Individuals with limited availability and looking for work in the grocery store industry should begin the hiring process for jobs now. The regional supermarket chain provides opportunities for general labor, departmental positions, and employment in customer service. Hours available fluctuate from 10 to 35 per week. Many entry-level jobs involve standing or moving on foot for long periods of time. Stock jobs and some other departmental positions may require regular manual labor, such as heavy lifting, sorting, and organizing, as well.
Acme Fresh Markets also offers career opportunities in management. Motivated individuals looking for steadier incomes or long-term employment may find managerial jobs ideal opportunities. Managers work both part-time and full-time, depending on the position desired. The supermarket also boasts hourly wages and annual salary options for managers, with employment benefits available to qualified associates, as well. The hiring process generally takes a week or so to complete for most available positions. Applicants with employee referrals or individuals who submit application forms in-person may gain hiring consideration over other candidates.
Acme Employment Prospects and Wages
Workers typically need to meet very minimal hiring requirements in the way of experience and age. Most entry-level positions include no real stipulations on work history, with the minimum age for employment consideration resting at 16. The regional supermarket looks to hire dedicated and friendly individuals. Employees must also maintain well-groomed, shaved, and presentable appearances at all times. Applicants who meet Acme core values may take interest in the following positions:
- A bi-fold employment opportunity, cashier/checker primarily involves working checkout aisles at Acme Fresh Markets stores.
- The position includes both ringing up customer purchases as well as price-checking items and returning unwanted merchandise to store shelves.
- Cashier/checker jobs also involve basic customer service functions, such as directing patrons to items on shelves or answering questions about services provided.
- Cashiers earn between minimum wage and $9.00 per hour, on average.
- Proven work performance and length of stay with the grocery store may increase hourly pay beyond typical averages.
- One of the widest categories of work available at Acme stores includes clerk jobs. As a clerk, associates work directly with the general public and provide both general and specialized services.
- Job titles available include grocery clerk, drug/general merchandise clerk, lobby clerk, deli clerk, courtesy booth clerk, and butcher block clerk.
- Some positions may require applicants to meet certain health and safety standards, such as in the case of butcher and deli workers.
- A typical clerk organizes products on shelves in an assigned department, assists customers, cleans, and performs general maintenance when necessary.
- While some clerks may start out at $9.00 an hour, most enter the entry-level position starting at minimum wage.
- Previous experience sometimes changes average starting pay.
- Specific departments may also affect starting wages.
- Employment opportunities in management provide varying schedules and higher pay than entry-level jobs.
- Acme management careers involve full-time schedules in most cases; however, applicants may also find work as part-time supervisors or weekend managers.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction represents the main responsibility managers share.
- The supermarket also holds managers responsible for maintaining and increasing sales, hiring on help, training new-hire workers, scheduling associates, and ordering products and supplies.
- Supervisors typically spend the majority of time on the clock motivating and mentoring subordinate workers.
- Assistant managers and store managers take on more administrative roles.
- Pay for supervisor jobs begins around $12.00 an hour.
- Assistant managers earn annual salary in excess of $55,000.
- Store managers may make as much as $65,000 to $70,000 annual salary.
Tips For Applying
ACME supermarkets direct job hopefuls to an online application submission manager. Individuals use the electronic web portal to fill out hiring forms and submit the documents to recruitment personnel. Prior to beginning an application, each worker should take as much time as necessary to gather employment materials, such as pens, scratch paper, reference contact information, and education and job histories. Individuals should also make sure to double-check any information entered, as missed segments of the application or any erroneous details may lead to disqualification from applicant pools.
Applicants generally hear back from ACME grocery stores regarding employment forms within a week or so, depending on the overall demand for positions available. In some cases, workers receive phone calls to schedule interviews within a few days, with the resulting in-person visits ending in job offers. Candidates may call, email, or visit management personally to check on application statuses at any time prior to receiving contact. However, only initiate communications during slower business hours. Interrupting managers in the middle of daily tasks may result in negative reviews.
Benefits of Working at Acme Fresh Markets
Employment benefits packages offered to qualified associates include:
- Paid time off
- Medical insurance plans, and
- 401(k) retirement plans
Part-time employees typically only receive partial benefits. Acme Fresh Markets work benefits generally stand reserved for full-time associates, although all workers enjoy paid training, complimentary nametags, and discounts on products and services.
Other Information on Acme Fresh Markets
One of the best perks of working for Acme Fresh Markets as an entry-level employee includes the ability to schedule around extracurricular activities. Many of the grocery stores employ young, high school-age individuals to fill entry-level jobs. The employment opportunities allow for schedule flexibility for things like sports, clubs, and schoolwork. Entry-level jobs also benefit working parents, college students, and first-time job seekers looking to gain real-world employment experience. Another career opportunity for applicants includes work in pharmacy positions. Applicants need advanced degrees and previous experience to work as pharmacists or pharmacy technicians but generally earn lucrative salary options in excess of $100,000, given prior training and certifications. Many Acme locations feature in-house clinics, which also provide viable career paths.