With thousands of locations in the United States, Aeropostale is one of the most popular fashion retailers in the country. Stores are mainly in malls and cater to a younger crowd.
Facts About Working at Aeropostale
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Aeropostale?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Sales Associate, Store Sales Leader, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager,
Printable Application: Yes. Print Aeropostale application (PDF) or Search Job Openings.
Aeropostale Employee Interview Videos
Listen to former employees discuss working at Aeropostale:
Aeropostale Job Opportunities
Most positions involve customer service and store upkeep. Workers have to meet sales expectations, help patrons, and work registers. Employees usually stand and move throughout their shift.
While past experience can help for certain Aeropostale jobs, it is not required. Stores look for driven and friendly applicants when hiring. Interest and knowledge of fashion trends is helpful.
Chances for Advancement
There are many entry-level jobs available for new workers. Career opportunities exist for those who show promise. Aeropostale likes to promote from within.
Employment and Salary Information for Aeropostale
Aeropostale jobs hire workers age 16 and older. Entry-level candidates can apply online or in-store for these positions:
- Aeropostale sales associates handle money, clean stores, and suggest items to customers.
- Most employees work part-time and earn $8.00 in hourly wages.
- Workers need a cheerful personality and ability to communicate.
- Check out the Aeropostale sales associate job description.
- Positions available include sales lead, assistant manager, and store manager jobs.
- Responsibilities include hiring new workers, setting schedules, and supervising entry-level employees.
- Aeropostale managers also oversee inventory and merchandise shipments.
- High school diplomas and work experience are necessary. Full-time managers earn an average salary of $35k annually.
Seasonal Job Openings
- Locations hire seasonal workers from mid-September to late January.
- Positions include sales and stock associates.
- Typical job duties are greeting customers, putting out products, and completing transactions.
- Holiday pay rates vary by store. Part-time employees earn up to $10.00 an hour.
Tips for Applying
To get started, apply online or fill out a paper application form. Fill in pertinent info, especially any retail experience. Visit a nearby location to meet with hiring staff. Keep a positive attitude in all interactions with managers.
Get in touch with the store to check on an Aeropostale job application. It is best to call or visit during slower business hours. Candidates may receive interviews immediately, or at a future date. Ask about the best method for following up.
Benefits of Working at Aeropostale
Aeropostale offers job benefits like dental, vision, and medical insurance. Eligible workers earn paid time off or vacations. Employees get various discount at the store and its partners. 401(k) plans are available for those with full-time careers.
Additional Information about Aeropostale
The fashion retailer regularly partners with charities and nonprofit organizations. Employees work in communities to support people in need. The company has donated gently used clothing and jeans to homeless teens amongst other efforts.
You can be hired at the age of 16 at Aeropostale, most of the time it is just for a seasonal position. aero is only alowed to have 20% of their employers be minor (under the age of 18) so if the store you ask says you have to be 18, they probably already have their minors fully staffed. You must be 21 to become a sales leader/manager at Aeropostale though.
how to apply at aeropostale? where should I apply the CV?
Yes when u turn 16 you can work at Aeropostale . I’m 16 and I am an Aeropostale employee.
Akira Thomas says:
I’m 15 right now. If I put in a application and then check on the status of it when i turn 16, which is in December, will my application still be good?
You have to be at least 16 years old to work at Aeropostale if they are not already at their limit of minors. And the age of employment most likely varies where you live. If you’re going to be 16 in a month or a week or in three days then apply when you turn 16! They don’t care when you’re turning 16, you’re wasting their time if you’re not 16. Then they really won’t want you to work at their store when you do turn 16. The minimum age of employment is 16, one-six, sixteen, Diez y seis.
Have a Great day! 😉
Do you have to be 16 or 15 to apply? Sorry if this is a dumb question