With thousands of locations in the United States, Aeropostale is one of the most popular fashion retailers in the country. Stores are mainly in malls and cater to a younger crowd.
Facts About Working at Aeropostale
Minimum Age to Work at Aeropostale: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Aeropostale?)
Aeropostale Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 10:00am-9:00pm; Sun: 11:00am-6:00pm
Available Positions at Aeropostale: Sales Associate, Store Sales Leader, Assistant Store Manager, Associate Store Manager, Store Manager, Training Store Manager, General Manager, District Manager, Group District Manager, Regional Manager, Human Resources Specialist, Warehouse Worker, Loss Prevention Specialist, Merchandiser
Aeropostale Employee Interview VideosListen to former employees discuss working at Aeropostale:
Aeropostale Job Opportunities
Most positions involve customer service and store upkeep. Workers have to meet sales expectations, help patrons, and work registers. Employees usually stand and move throughout their shift.
While past experience can help for certain Aeropostale jobs, it is not required. Stores look for driven and friendly applicants when hiring. Interest and knowledge of fashion trends is helpful.
Chances for Advancement
There are many entry-level jobs available for new workers. Career opportunities exist for those who show promise. Aeropostale likes to promote from within.
Employment and Salary Information for AeropostaleAeropostale jobs hire workers age 16 and older. Entry-level candidates can apply online or in-store for these positions:
- Aeropostale sales associates handle money, clean stores, and suggest items to customers.
- Most employees work part-time and earn $8.00 in hourly wages.
- Workers need a cheerful personality and ability to communicate.
- Check out the Aeropostale sales associate job description.
- Positions available include sales lead, assistant manager, and store manager jobs.
- Responsibilities include hiring new workers, setting schedules, and supervising entry-level employees.
- Aeropostale managers also oversee inventory and merchandise shipments.
- High school diplomas and work experience are necessary. Full-time managers earn an average salary of $35k annually.
Seasonal Job Openings
- Locations hire seasonal workers from mid-September to late January.
- Positions include sales and stock associates.
- Typical job duties are greeting customers, putting out products, and completing transactions.
- Holiday pay rates vary by store. Part-time employees earn up to $10.00 an hour.