With thousands of locations in the United States, Aeropostale is one of the most popular fashion retailers in the country. Stores are mainly in malls and cater to a younger crowd.
Facts About Working at Aeropostale
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Aeropostale?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Sales Associate, Store Sales Leader, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager,
Aeropostale Employee Interview Videos
Listen to former employees discuss working at Aeropostale:
Aeropostale Job Opportunities
Most positions involve customer service and store upkeep. Workers have to meet sales expectations, help patrons, and work registers. Employees usually stand and move throughout their shift.
While past experience can help for certain Aeropostale jobs, it is not required. Stores look for driven and friendly applicants when hiring. Interest and knowledge of fashion trends is helpful.
Chances for Advancement
There are many entry-level jobs available for new workers. Career opportunities exist for those who show promise. Aeropostale likes to promote from within.
Employment and Salary Information for Aeropostale
Aeropostale jobs hire workers age 16 and older. Entry-level candidates can apply online or in-store for these positions:
- Aeropostale sales associates handle money, clean stores, and suggest items to customers.
- Most employees work part-time and earn $8.00 in hourly wages.
- Workers need a cheerful personality and ability to communicate.
- Check out the Aeropostale sales associate job description.
- Positions available include sales lead, assistant manager, and store manager jobs.
- Responsibilities include hiring new workers, setting schedules, and supervising entry-level employees.
- Aeropostale managers also oversee inventory and merchandise shipments.
- High school diplomas and work experience are necessary. Full-time managers earn an average salary of $35k annually.
Seasonal Job Openings
- Locations hire seasonal workers from mid-September to late January.
- Positions include sales and stock associates.
- Typical job duties are greeting customers, putting out products, and completing transactions.
- Holiday pay rates vary by store. Part-time employees earn up to $10.00 an hour.
Tips for Applying
To get started, apply online or fill out a paper application form. Fill in pertinent info, especially any retail experience. Visit a nearby location to meet with hiring staff. Keep a positive attitude in all interactions with managers.
Get in touch with the store to check on an Aeropostale job application. It is best to call or visit during slower business hours. Candidates may receive interviews immediately, or at a future date. Ask about the best method for following up.
Benefits of Working at Aeropostale
Aeropostale offers job benefits like dental, vision, and medical insurance. Eligible workers earn paid time off or vacations. Employees get various discount at the store and its partners. 401(k) plans are available for those with full-time careers.
Additional Information about Aeropostale
The fashion retailer regularly partners with charities and nonprofit organizations. Employees work in communities to support people in need. The company has donated gently used clothing and jeans to homeless teens amongst other efforts.