Established in 1940, Air New Zealand operates a network that provides air passenger services and cargo transportation worldwide. There are more than 15 million customers served each year.
Facts About Working at Air New Zealand
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Air New Zealand?)
Available Positions: Customer Service Representative, Flight Attendant, Flight Crew Member, Loader, Cargo Airline Clerk, Cleaner, Cargo Route Business Manager, Aircraft Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Specialist, Pilot, Contact Centre Consultant, Travel Consultant, Supplier Relationship Manager, Air Traffic Controller-Trainee, Air Traffic Controller, Technician-Trainee, Technician, Air Transportation Specialist, Air Ground Equipment Supervisor, Air Terminal Operations Supervisor
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Air New Zealand Job Opportunities
Room for Advancement
Those looking for long-time Air New Zealand jobs can start out in entry-level positions. The corporation holds a development workshop annually to give employees the resources needed to be successful. The company also values promoting from within. Advanced roles may come with more employment benefits and higher salary options.
Qualities of an Ideal Worker
Team players are valuable additions to the crew. The best candidates for Air New Zealand jobs are approachable and friendly with a can-do attitude. Knowledge of the airline industry is not required, but can benefit applicants during the hiring process.
An Inclusive Workforce
The company hires a diverse group of people. Individuals with differing experiences, cultures, sexual orientations, genders, and ages can apply for jobs at Air New Zealand. Having many points of view helps the business better serve the community.
Employment and Salary Information for Air New Zealand
Some full-time and part-time positions require certifications, trainings, or licenses. Additionally, those interested in an Air New Zealand job should be at least 18 years old. The most popular postings include:
- Employees maintain cabin cleanliness, assist passengers, and explain safety procedures.
- Flight attendants should plan to work weekends, evenings, and some holidays.
- The average salary package is between $19k and $31k.
- Customer service experience is preferred for this Air New Zealand career.
- Workers handle customers’ bags to ensure they reach their destination.
- This Air New Zealand job requires an employee to lift heavy objects.
- Pay rate is about $10.00 to $12.00 an hour.
- Loaders must work in a variety of conditions.
- Before each flight, these workers thoroughly clean the cabin.
- Cleaners act as a team to make sure the space is comfortable for passengers.
- Employees typically earn minimum hourly wages.
- This position is usually part-time, but can be a stepping stone to other Air New Zealand careers.
Tips for Applying
Individuals can apply online by filling out an Air New Zealand application form on the career portal. Applicants must create profiles to use the job platform. Be prepared to upload a resume as well. Workers of all backgrounds are eligible for hire.
The airline may take anywhere from two weeks to two months to respond to an applicant. Prospective candidates will then set up an interview. Those wishing to check on their Air New Zealand job application status may call or email the company.
Benefits of Working at Air New Zealand
Both part-time and full-time Air New Zealand careers receive job benefits, such as:
- Healthcare coverage, including medical insurance
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
New employees earn up to four weeks of paid vacation per year. Discounted tickets and travel bonuses are available as well.
Additional Information about Air New Zealand
In 2016, Air New Zealand launched a program to help offset carbon dioxide emissions. FlyNeutral offers customers the chance to minimize the impact of air travel on the environment by purchasing Carbon Credits that go toward preserving forests.
TAHIR KHAN says:
The information given below is very useful and complete, so thank you for the advice.