Customer-oriented individuals discover available meaningful full-time and part-time opportunities with Alamo. Rated as a top company in the car rental industry, the rental firm provides workers without experience entry-level positions and room for advancement.
Facts About Working at Alamo Rent A Car
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Alamo Car Rental?)
Available Positions: Rental Sales Agent, Customer Service Agent, Service Agent, CDL Bus Driver, Maintenance Custodian, Maintenance Automotive Technician, Airport Service Agent, Driver, Exit Booth Agent, Return Agent, Maintenance Technician
Alamo Job Opportunities
One of the largest car rental agencies in the United States, Alamo opened doors in 1974. Although based in Clayton, MO, the rental company operates branches across the world. An unlimited miles program grabbed the attention of customers and allowed the company to flourish. Developing the first online check-in system in 2005 also endorsed business growth. As a result, careers continuously prove available in accounting, automotive, administrative, sales, and customer service. Management programs educate future leaders through eight supportive steps. Management trainees undergo seminars and additional training to potentially reach vice president levels. Veterans and students also participate in specifically designed mentorships.
Employees must protect the brand through satisfying expectations of customers. The ability to build lasting relationships with clients serves imperative for retaining business. While working toward common goals, staff members unite and encourage prosperous environments. Teams commit to quality, innovation, and employee development. Embracing differences among workers, customers, and business partners, the rental company values diversity in backgrounds and perspectives. Alamo improves varying communities by launching sustainable business practices. The company also believes in rewarding workers and offers exceptional wellness and financial job benefits.
Alamo Employment and Wages Information
Eligible applicants stand at least 18 years of age. Ideally workers should maintain excellent driving records. Driving histories must reveal no more than two moving violations or at-fault accidents within the last three years. Alcohol-related convictions make an applicant unqualified for three to five years. Job hopefuls should possess at least high school diplomas or equivalents. Alamo believes in the right to celebrate religious holidays. However, employees must presume working evenings, weekends, and overtime. Job titles in high demand regularly include:
Customer Service Agent
- By engaging with customers through approved company service techniques, agents exemplify friendly and approachable demeanors.
- Employees process rentals and returns while verifying and documenting necessary driving information.
- Attendants streamline the process allowing customers timely and pleasant experiences.
- Questions, complaints, and comments require face-to-face interactions with upset and even hostile customers on occasions.
- Hourly wages range from $10.00 to $13.00 depending on previous experience.
- Customer service agents possess basic mathematical and computer experience.
Rental Sales Agent
- Agents enjoy lucrative careers within sales by earning hourly wages and monthly incentives.
- With a base pay of around $10.00 an hour and average yearly commission up to $20,000, driven individuals find competitive starts in the car rental industry.
- Employees prepare rental documents by gathering essential information and accurately explaining agreements.
- Basic mathematical skills aid agents when outlining fees and surcharges.
- With the objective to minimize wait times, workers multitask while remaining attentive.
- During transactions, sales agents recommend additional products and services designed to better equip renters.
- The position demands one year of related sales experience.
Automotive Maintenance Technician
- According to quality standards, technicians must guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Based on specifications and guidelines established by car manufacturers, technicians repair and provide preventative maintenance to vehicles.
- The entry-level position offers hourly pay around $10.00 an hour.
- With only one year of mechanical experience needed, job seekers learn valuable trade skills designed to create future success.
- Automotive technicians routinely advance to higher-level careers.
- Employees must maintain safe and clean work areas. Familiarity with hand tools also holds essential.
Tips For Applying
Prospective candidates expedite hiring processes by stopping into locations of interest. Applicants may explore available opportunities on the website before arriving in person. With advanced search features, job seekers identify positions of interest through location and category options. Polished resumes and presentable appearances display genuine interest. Employment hopefuls may also apply online through electronic application forms. Candidates follow six steps in creating profiles for submission and may even register with Google + or LinkedIn accounts. Profiles should incorporate previously obtained customer service experience if applicable.
After submitting an online application, aspirants generally hear from hiring representatives within one to two weeks. Job interviews may take the form of phone calls or in-person meetings. Promising interviewees embody professionalism and determination. Assertive applicants persuade hiring mangers by following-up in-person after applying online. Contenders must arrive during slower hours and prepare for on-the-spot interviews. Thank-you emails or letters should accompany meetings with hiring personnel.
Benefits of Working for Alamo
Employment benefits reward dedicated employees and allow for positive work environments. Vision, dental, and medical insurance enable employees to receive excellent healthcare coverage.
- With long-term disability and life insurance offered, families enjoy further protection.
- Additional wellness benefits include a tobacco cessation program, employee assistance programs, and health savings accounts.
- Full-time and part-time workers relish among financial benefits like 401(k) retirement plans, rental discounts, and profit sharing.
- Employees take time to enjoy paid time off with personal days and paid vacations, as well.
More Information on Alamo
With more than 8,600 locations among 60 countries and territories, Alamo implements sustainable goals to better the environment. The tree pledge works in conjunction with Arbor Day Foundation and the U.S. Forest Service to plant 50 million trees over a span of 50 years. National forests in the United States, United Kingdom, and Germany receive trees each year to eventually reach the goal. The Pike National Forest in Colorado obtained 860,000 trees in the course of three years with 20,000 more expected in 2015. In 2002, the forest sustained severe damage by a fire and the health of the South Platte watershed diminished. Providing 60 percent of drinking water for Denver, the watershed flourishes with the existence of healthy trees.