With over 8,200 locations globally, ALDI represents a giant in the supermarket industry and needs to hire on help to maintain operations. The chain of discount grocery stores usually hires on new employees in as little as a couple of weeks. Upon hire, workers enjoy paid training and potential career growth into managerial or corporate jobs.
Facts About Working at ALDI
Minimum Age to Work at ALDI: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at ALDI?)
ALDI Hours of Operation: Typically Mon-Sat: 9:00am-7:00pm; Sun: 9:00am-7:00pm
Available Positions at ALDI: Cashier, manager, stock clerk, store clerk, warehouse worker
ALDI Employee Interview Videos
In order to keep store locations running smoothly, ALDI also hires on managers to provide additional support and leadership to entry-level crews. Careers in management include part-time and full-time work, as well. Supervisory roles available generally take on lesser responsibilities than assistant manager or store manager job titles. With more responsibilities than entry-level associates, managers also face more stringent hiring requirements, which often include high school diplomas and background or experience in the grocery store industry.
ALDI Job OpportunitiesBenefits of Employment at ALDI
Employees working 20 hours or more at stores qualify for comprehensive job benefits packages. Eligible workers meeting the minimum hours-per-week requirements enjoy extensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, holiday pay, paid vacation, 401(k) retirement plans with company match, and disability/life insurance plans. Both part-time and full-time store associates enjoy paid training, product discounts, and complimentary nametags upon hire.
Employment and Salary Information for ALDI
Work environments featured at ALDI stores generally include supportive conditions with above-average pay scales and generous job benefits for qualified associates. The supermarket company also offers flexible scheduling and paid training to employees. Applicants who meet the minimum hiring standards may find enjoyable work opportunities, such as:
- Job duties for the average cashier include greeting customers and scanning products and coupons. Cashiers also assist clerks with random tasks on occasion.
- A typical cashier starts out at $10.00 an hour at stores.
- Friendly, personable, and energetic individuals represent ideal choices for cashier jobs. Other qualities the grocery store chain screens for include the ability to work nights and weekends and possession of reliable transportation to and from work.
- Priorities include unloading trucks for shipment and understanding the proper handling and storage of grocery products.
- Clerks at ALDI start at a pay rate of $10.00.
- Hiring managers seek individuals with positive, friendly attitudes, great work ethics, and the willingness to learn and provide exceptional customer service.
- Store managers often delegate jobs and tasks to subordinate workers. Managers also interview and hire applicants for open positions in the store.
- Salary options begin near $45k annually for ALDI store managers.
- Communication, respect, and mediating skills stand as strong requirements for individuals looking for management employment with Aldi.
Tips for Applying
Hiring managers often ask about ability to handle conflict, such as coworkers stealing, disgruntled customers, or rapidly changing responsibilities, during the application and interview process. Workers should think about personal attributes and ready responses related to the supermarket industry in order to make solid first impressions. ALDI typically holds hiring events to add new staff members, which candidates may attend at any time. Physical paper applications also remain available onsite for the convenience of prospective associates.
Additional Information about ALDI
Founded in the early 1900s, ALDI operates most prominently in Germany and in the United States. In Germany, operations split between Nord, or North, and Sud, or South, branches. Each division maintains around 2,500 stores. As of January 2014, the grocery store company operates as proprietor of popular U.S. supermarket chain Trader Joe’s.