International aloft Hotels operates a chain of roughly 85 hotels across North America, Europe, and Asia. Most notable for contemporary designs and modern amenities, the hospitality company also stands as a prominent employer, with ongoing needs for new and motivated workers.
Facts About Working at Aloft
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Aloft?)
Available Positions: Front Desk Agent, Housekeeper, Head Housekeeper, Laundry Attendant, Night Laundry Attendant, Maintenance Technician, Assistant Hotel Manager, Hotel Manager, Spa Associate, Spa Manager, Bartender, Server, Front Office Manager, Director Of Sales, Beverage and Food Talent Associate, Carepenter, Painter, Engineer, Chief Engineer
aloft Hotel Job Opportunities
One of the leading upscale hotel chains in the world, aloft Hotels promotes fun, festive, and inclusive work environments. Upon hire, workers learn special terminology employees use to refer to various services, such as using the typical Hawaiian greeting of, “Aloha” to bid greetings and farewells and referring to each hotel pool as a, “splash”. Paid training extends beyond customer interaction and include cross training in several different disciplines to produce highly versatile professionals able to sustain long-lasting careers in the hotel industry or move on to better paying jobs in desired fields in the future.
Energy, alertness, and kindness rank as three top traits desired by aloft hiring personnel. Most of the jobs available in the hospitality industry require direct interaction with customers or technical know-how in specific fields, like grounds maintenance, housekeeping, or administration. Regardless of position, applicants must embody the major traits valued by the hotel and possess open availability, as operations extend into late nights, early mornings, and through holiday seasons, which often prove the busiest for travel-oriented companies. The chain also values creativity and the ability to provide service as much as entertain and amaze. Passion for the brand and genuine interest in the hotel industry as a professional field regularly aid chances for hire.
aloft Hotels Positions and Salary Options
A majority of aloft jobs reside in North America and Asia. The company also maintains properties in the Middle East and Europe, which diversifies employment options for interested applicants. Upon hire, workers receive paid training and competitive wages. Job benefits packages also remain available to qualified associates. The most common part-time and full-time positions for hire include:
Front Desk Talent
- The position of front desk talent encompasses customer service, cash handling, check-in/checkout, concierge, and record-keeping duties.
- Hotel recruitment personnel prefer to hire individuals 18 and over for the position with backgrounds of at least a year in customer service related to the hospitality industry.
- Bilingual abilities also benefit workers looking for employment abroad.
- Applicants must exude confidence, enthusiasm, and dedication to both customers and overall operations.
- The position also carries a strict dress code, which includes formal business attire and groomed appearances.
- Front desk talent employees often work nights, weekends, and holidays, facilitating the need for open schedules.
- On average, the chain hires on new front desk talent at $10.00 per hour.
- Minor experience in sanitation of commercial or industrial office buildings may benefit applicants looking for housekeeping jobs.
- Historically, no real experience proves necessary for employment.
- The international hotel chain maintains large staffs of housekeeping personnel in order to turn rooms over, clean corridors and hallways, and ensure high standards of cleanliness throughout hotel grounds.
- Job duties for housekeeping personnel often include sweeping, mopping, dusting, scrubbing, taking out garbage, changing linens, restocking complimentary supplies, and reporting damages to hotel rooms.
- Housekeepers often work highly irregular hours in contrast to hotel rushes and quiet hours.
- Reliable personalities and dedicated attitudes carry applicants into the latter stages of the hiring process for housekeeping jobs with frequency.
- Pay scales typically begin around minimum wage and rise with experience to $10.00 or $11.00 hourly.
Food and Beverage Talent
- Another term for server, food and beverage talent describes an entry-level job title offering minimum wage pay.
- The varied schedules assumed by food and beverage talent associates mirror the schedules of typical restaurant industry workers.
- Applicants must possess speedy, friendly, and motivated attitudes in order to qualify.
- Primary responsibilities center on catering to patrons and serving food and drink orders at in-house restaurants.
- Food and beverage talent employees must also understand hotel amenities and facility grounds in order to answer guest questions.
- Like other traditional server jobs, food and beverage talent positions include opportunities to earn gratuities.
Tips For Applying
Applicants must create online profiles through the careers page of parent company Starwood Hotels and Resorts. The internet database contains position listings and descriptions of the job titles candidates may access after creating usernames and passwords using valid emails. Preparing resumes prior to beginning the online application process greatly streamlines the proceedings. Workers should submit both resumes and cover letters in addition to the digital form to further showcase abilities and make stronger cases for employment, regardless of position desired.
Hiring managers may contact desirable candidates via email or telephone within a few weeks of submitting the required employment forms. For entry-level jobs, applicants may hear back from recruitment personnel within a few days, depending on hiring needs. Managerial roles may take longer for processing and result in delayed communication between HR and prospective managers. At any time prior to receiving callbacks or return emails, candidates may follow up on submitted forms. Visiting in person may not prove feasible for some positions, as hours kept by night auditors, housekeeping managers, and maintenance crew may differ greatly; however, calling or sending emails expressing genuine interest in working for the chain and requesting an interview may improve odds just as greatly as talking with managers directly in person.
Benefits of Working at aloft Hotels
Each Starwood property, including aloft Hotels, offer employees varying job benefits packages with different eligibility requirements. On average, most hotels operating under the company banner provide access to:
- Healthcare coverage
- Financial assistance like 401(k) retirement plans and employee stock purchase plans
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance programs, and
- Adoption assistance.
The chain also provides compensated training, opportunities for career growth, and uniform reimbursement. Discounts on travel rates and amenities also apply for qualified associates.
Additional Information on aloft Hotels
As part of a frequent guest program, aloft Hotels, in conjunction with Starwood Hotels and Resorts, offers a special promotion where guest pay a standard rate the first night and pay a rate equivalent to the last two digits of personal birth years for additional nights. For example, on the first night, the rates remain standard. On the second or third night of stay, a guest born in 1986 pays $86.00 per night. The special on nightly rates for extended stays remains valid across Starwood properties and stands alongside other program perks like redeemable points for stays good toward free nights on future visits, late check-ins, and free upgrades.