Facts About Working at Amazon
Minimum Age to Work at Amazon: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Amazon?)
Amazon Hours of Operation: Mon- Sun: 9:00am - 7:00pm
Available Positions at Amazon: Warehouse Team Member, Customer Service Representative, Driver
Amazon Job OpportunitiesCareers at Amazon
At Amazon, job hopefuls can find careers in an assortment of categories. For instance, those with strong people skills can find jobs in the customer service department or consumer engagement. On the other hand, applicants who possess more technical knowledge can work with the company’s video and online resources.Job Opportunities for Students
From internships to entry-level positions for new graduates, Amazon offers an array of opportunities for students. Those looking to expand their resumes and gain experience can apply for the company’s yearly intern programs. Likewise, graduates looking for entry-level jobs can browse the business’s available positions.Amazon Job Locations
Amazon has locations in nearly 200 cities across the globe. Once hired, candidates may have the opportunity to travel the world visiting different sites and working at different warehouses. Those who wish to work in a specific city or country should check for available positions before applying.
Does Amazon Hire Felons?
Amazon does not have a policy against hiring felons, making the company a good choice for former offenders. Some positions, such as management jobs, aren’t available to those with criminal records, so it’s best to stick with entry-level roles. The nature of the conviction may also influence this employer’s decision.
Employment and Salary Information for Amazon
Those looking for part-time or full-time employment at Amazon should check out the company’s online portal. Amazon keeps a constant list of available positions, from entry-level to those that require more experience. Below are some examples:
Warehouse Team Member
- These employees collect items to pack and ship to customers.
- Depending on location, a warehouse team member can earn up to $17.00 per hour.
- Warehouse workers spend most of their time on their feet in a fast-paced environment.
Customer Service Representative
- Associates address customer questions and concerns via email, online chat, or over the phone.
- Customer service representatives make an average of $12.00 per hour.
- These workers should have a friendly demeanor and a problem-solving attitude.
- As an Amazon Driver, these employees deliver packages safely and accurately to their destination.
- These workers make an average of $15.00 per hour.
- Those interested must be at least 21 years of age, and some locations require previous experience.
How To Apply at Amazon
Anyone looking to apply can do so on the company’s website or in-person at a warehouse. Amazon then prompts interested candidates to create an account, supply your most recent resume, and fill in any contact or work-related information. Once submitted, hopefuls should receive a confirmation email.
How To Check Your Application Status
Candidates can check their application status via the company’s online portal. Depending on availability and necessity, a representative from Amazon should be in contact within a week or so to set up an interview.
Benefits of Working at Amazon
Employees at Amazon can take advantage of several employment benefits. These include:
- Medical insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Vision and dental insurance
- Vacation time
- Paid time off
Additionally, some workers may be eligible for an employee discount.
Additional Information about Amazon
Amazon also owns more than 40 different companies, including audio book providers, self-publishing sites, and home automation brands.