Recognized as one of the fastest growing hotel chains, America's Best Value Inn cultivates a thriving presence in the United States. Individuals interested in providing top customer care and possessing diverse work backgrounds fare best in gaining full-time and part-time employment with the inn.
Facts About Working at America's Best Value Inn
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at America's Best Value Inn?)
Available Positions: Front Desk Agent, Customer Service Representative, Housekeeper, Maintenance, Food and Beverage Clerk, Assistant Manager, General Manager, Regional Sales Director, Director of Hospitality
America’s Best Value Inn Employment Opportunities
With over 1,000 locations throughout the United States, America’s Best Value Inn targets populated cities, notable landmarks, and areas thriving with activities. As an expanding name in the hospitality industry, the company takes customer service and satisfaction seriously. Job seekers with previous employment in service industries from retail to maintenance may earn the favor of hiring managers. Entry-level workers with little-to-no formal job experience may also earn employment given upbeat personalities, willingness to learn, and passions for helping people. Seasoned career professionals may find fulfilling work in management.
To continue the impressive growth of the company, America’s Best Value Inn needs ambitious individuals to franchise inn locations. The company website hosts valuable information about owning an inn and the skills needed to start a successful location. Interested franchisees, entry-level work seekers, and managerial candidates alike should demonstrate commitment to the company values of hometown pride, cleanliness, and comfort.
America’s Best Value Inn Job Prospects and Salary Information
Due to the diverse and demanding nature of the hospitality industry, America’s Best Value Inn requires interested job candidates to stand at least 18 years of age to receive consideration for available work. Willingness to work late nights, early morning, weekends, and holidays may earn individuals preference for hire. High school diplomas or GED equivalents generally persist as a requirement to obtain the following, entry-level jobs:
- Individuals possessing close attention to detail and the physical stamina to stand, kneel, reach, bend, push, and lift repeatedly over the duration of a shift fare well in housekeeper positions.
- Traditionally available as full-time and part-time jobs, housekeeper positions offer average hourly wages between $8.00 and $9.00.
- Housekeepers prepare rooms for incoming guests, restock toiletries and other essential items, make beds, collect dirty sheets for laundering, dust and vacuum rooms, ensure room amenities function as expected, and report any problems to maintenance and management.
- Though not always directly involved in guest interactions, housekeepers contribute to the overall positive inn experience and should remain respectful of guest wishes and demands.
Front Desk Representative
- Responsible for the initial and final guest impressions of the inn, front desk representatives should prove enthusiastic, helpful, and unwaveringly friendly.
- Front desk representatives greet each guest, handle registration, manage check-ins and checkouts, answer phones and transfer calls appropriately, book reservations, answer guest questions, provide accurate bills, and process payments.
- Available in full-time and part-time capacities, front desk representatives garner pay rates between $9.00 and $10.00 an hour.
- As the position generally requires standing for the duration of a given shift, interested candidates should demonstrate such physical capabilities.
Tips For Applying
Due to the large number of franchised locations and the relative smallness of the company, no universalized online job application proves available. Instead, interested applicants should seek suitable America’s Best Value Inn jobs by researching on the company website for nearby locations and visit the hotels in person. Applicants should dress well and ask to speak to hiring managers, if possible. In preparation for visits, job seekers fare well by reworking resumes to highlight past work experiences, specialized training, and skills relevant to the desired position. Bring at least two copies of the hiring document and a blue or black ink pen.
Job hopefuls may choose to check on the status of applications to demonstrate follow-through and determination. Hiring managers tend to reach out to qualified candidates between two to three weeks after receiving applications. During the allotted time, candidates may call, visit, or email targeted America’s Best Value Inns. Individuals should remember to conduct all application queries politely, professionally, and with respect for the time and responsibilities of hiring personnel.
Benefits of Working at America’s Best Value Inn
America’s Best Value Inn offers workers competitive salary options and extensive job training as well as comprehensive employee benefit packages. Inn associates enjoy:
- Healthcare coverage
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid time off, and
- Various discounts.
Eligibility for job benefits may depend on employment status as full-time or part-time and individual franchise policies.
More Information on America’s Best Value Inn
A primary feature of America’s Best Value Inn locations remains accommodating conference rooms and business travel resources. Whether hosting an event or planning an out-of-town business meeting, the inn conference rooms have several amenities to meet such needs. Additionally, business groups get free access to several hotel accoutrements, such as the continental breakfast, high-speed internet, and fax and copy services.