Ameristar Casinos employs nearly 15,000 team members in 15 notable and diverse locations across the United States. Rapid organic growth acts as the catalyst in creating full-time and part-time employment options.
Facts About Working at Ameristar Casino
Minimum Age to Work at Ameristar Casino: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Ameristar Casino?)
Ameristar Casino Hours of Operation: Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Available Positions at Ameristar Casino: Cage Cashier, Cage Shift Manager, Dealer, Poker Cashier, Slot Service Specialist, Table Games Dealer, Floor Supervisor, Casino Cleaner, Casino Services Representative, Count Room Clerk, Finance Manager, Staff Accountant, Facilities Supervisor, Baker, Bakery Attendant, Banquet Server, Banquet Captain, Bar Back, Bartender, Pool Attendant, Bourbon’s Food Server, Buffet Busser/Stocker, Buffet Host/Cashier, Bus Person, Cook, Food Server/Room Server, Kitchen Steward, Restaurant Chef, Restaurant Manager, Room Supervisor, Housekeeper, Front Desk Clerk, Guest Room Attendant, Guest Service Agent, Valet Attendant, Administrative Assistant, Casino Host, Security Officer, Surveillance Observer
Ameristar Casino Job Opportunities
Opened in 1954, Ameristar Casino offers exceptional guest services. Teams of dedicated workers create lively and interactive environments centered on positivity and excitement. Casino management values employee development and longevity and offers paid multi-departmental training. Associates of find guidance in the company values of integrity, care, excellence, innovation, and ownership, which govern daily casino operations. Both college students and career-seekers regard the casino as a great place to apply due to flexible scheduling and possible networking.
Individuals who enjoy providing entertainment in fast-paced atmospheres should consider submitting job applications to Ameristar. The range and scale of daily operations within the casino requires collaboration between and within departments. Employees must nurture family-like cooperation to ensure operational success. Staff members maintain relationships with guests to streamline business and create enjoyable experiences. Cross training grants associates multi-field expertise and keeps duties dynamic.
Ameristar Casinos Employment and Wages Information
A majority of available entry-level jobs exist on the casino floor in customer service-based positions. The nature of work at Ameristar Casinos requires friendly, humble, and energetic demeanors. Non-interactive positions may include valeting, kitchen staff, or housekeeping services. Punctual applicants aged 18 or older may apply online or in-house.
Security and Surveillance
- Security detail at Ameristar venues covers a broad base of roles.
- Surveillance personnel visually monitor all activity via camera or patrol casino property.
- Security officers transport funds for table fills, slot fills, payouts, and money drops.
- Employees in need of escort through sensitive areas or associates carrying alcoholic beverages may also call upon security members for assistance.
- In case of disturbances, safety personnel must respond timely, strategically, and professionally to prevent harm to guests, employees, and assets.
- Individuals must also possess motivated personalities and strong problem-solving, mediation, and communication skills.
- Hourly pay for security and surveillance employees varies between $11.00 and $14.00.
Table Games Dealer
- Dealers must possess knowledge in all aspects of assigned games including payouts.
- Games employees create hospitable atmospheres and demonstrate friendliness toward guests.
- Other duties include establishing steady game paces and effectively communicating with supervisors, peers, and players.
- Dealers must possess outstanding math skills to ensure quick and accurate payouts.
- Pay rates fall between $5.00 and $7.00 per hour; however, wages increase significantly after factoring tips.
Casino Floor Manager
- Casino managers oversee the general operations of gaming facilities.
- Main duties include supervising guests and personnel to ensure players follow rules and regulations.
- Floor supervisors walk around gaming areas to monitor potential cheating.
- Other responsibilities involve reassigning table dealers, extending credit to players, preparing work schedules, and addressing customer complaints.
- Managers track accuracy of cash flow in relation to reviewing operational expenses, budget estimates, payouts, and collection reports.
- Working with security involves ensuring the supply of money and chips to tables as well as coordinating response to issues.
- Casino floor directors must possess strong customer service, management, and communication skills.
- Salary packages range from $60,000 to $66,000 annually based on tenure.
Tips For Applying
Due to high volumes of applications, candidates should take several measures to stand out. Noting willingness to work holidays, overnights, and weekends on application forms increases the likelihood of hire. During interviews, applicants should dress professionally, embody confidence, and demonstrate customer service skills to strengthen chances of progression. Applying for multiple positions may show ambition and highlight on certain qualifications as well as display genuine desires to work for the casino.
Initially, hiring managers reach out to qualified individuals via email. Time between application and contact varies due to the nature of each position, the amount of applicants, and the amount of current employees. Most applicants wait anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to hear back from Ameristar Casino. In the meantime, candidates should try to make friends with employees, as referrals usually speed up the process.
Benefits of Working for Ameristar Casinos
The gaming venture believes providing great benefits and stability fosters good morale. An open-door policy and room for growth establish personal relationships with managers. Discounted meals on shifts, customer tips, and Christmas bonuses further increase employee earning potential and personal enjoyment of jobs.
Employees also enjoy job benefit packages, which may include:
- Paid vacation
- Sick days
- Dental insurance
- Medical insurance, and
- 401(k) retirement plans.
Extra Information on Ameristar Casinos
Ameristar Casinos contribute to local schools, infrastructures, and charities. Beyond donating money, the company lends both facilities and volunteer time to community-based charity events. In 2012, the company raised almost $7 million for charitable organizations. The casino aims to significantly improve the quality of life in cities where team members live and work. Also, the travel destination regularly partners with the Craig H. Neilsen Foundation to support the rehabilitation of individuals suffering from spinal cord injuries and disease. In addition, the casino helped fund research at the Nevada Cancer Institute by making a $500,000 donation in 2004.