With over 200 locations operating exclusively in Florida, Amscot ranks among the leading providers of financial services for residents of the Sunshine State. The statewide chain of money superstores also serves as a leading provider of financial services jobs for local workers seeking employment.
Facts About Working at Amscot
Minimum Age to Work at Amscot: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Amscot?)
Amscot Hours of Operation: Mon-Thurs: 7:00am-9:00pm; Fri: 7:00am-10:00pm; Sat: 7:00am-9:00pm; Sun: 10:00am-8:00pm
Available Positions at Amscot: Customer Service Associate, Loan Specialist, Assistant Manager, Branch Manager
Amscot Job Opportunities
Like other successful businesses, Amscot takes advantage of every opportunity for expansion and must hire new employees on a recurring basis in order to fill the various jobs created by corporate growth. The company boasts one of the highest rates of growth among financial services providers in Florida and regularly offers a variety of entry-level and managerial employment opportunities as a result. Entry-level hiring primarily fills the position of financial services associate, which typically represents the most widely available job title at branch office locations. Each branch office also employs leaders and managers to supervise associates and ensure the success of the business.
Traditionally recognized by local media as one of the best places to work, Amscot maintains a highly productive office environment by recruiting hardworking associates, promoting from within whenever possible, and offering competitive employment benefits. To ensure hiring of only the most qualified workers, the Florida-based employer looks for candidates with previous experience in banking, customer service, retail, or the restaurant industry. Possession of a high school diploma or GED and basic math skills also serve as prerequisites to working for the financial services provider, while bilingual skills often enhance the candidacy of an otherwise unexceptional applicant. Once hired, employees enjoy significantly higher pay rates than workers in similar positions at banks or credit unions.
Amscot Positions and Salary Information
In addition to featuring lucrative pay rates, Amscot jobs offer the excitement and convenience of flexible scheduling. Branch offices maintain extended business hours every day of the year, with some locations operating around the clock. Employees must work a variety of daytime, evening, and weekend shifts as well as overtime when necessary. High school graduates with proven customer service abilities may apply for the following jobs:
Financial Services Associate
- Responsible for serving the more than 2.5 million customers who depend on Amscot, financial services associates complete a variety of monetary transactions on a daily basis.
- Job duties range from cashing checks and preparing money orders to processing requests for cash advances and collecting payments on utility bills.
- Financial service associates also assist customers with additional in-store services, such as buying stamps, making photocopies, sending faxes, and wiring money.
- Prospective associates must possess the abilities to lift up to 20 pounds, pass pre-employment credit checks, and travel as far as 25 miles for work.
- New hires typically earn between $12.00 and $15.00 an hour to start.
- Frequently available management positions come with job titles ranging from assistant leader to branch manager.
- Leaders and managers collaborate to ensure the competence and professionalism of entry-level associates, the satisfaction of customers, and the profitability of the business.
- Responsibilities include developing strategies to attract new customers, scheduling and supervising work shifts, keeping accurate records, and enforcing company policies among customers and employees alike.
- Managers also interview and hire new associates, provide consistent feedback to workers, and make sure employees know how to perform the services Amscot offers.
- Candidates for leadership and management positions usually need to possess related experience already.
- The most advanced management career opportunities available may feature additional hiring requirements pertaining to the amount of experience or levels of education applicants must bring to the company.
- Managerial wages range from about $14.00 or $15.00 in hourly pay for assistant leaders to $50,000 or more in annual salary options for branch managers.
Tips For Applying
Accessible from the company careers website, the online application for employment with Amscot includes multiple sections and begins with the creation of new user profiles. Applicants may choose to accelerate the process of creating new profiles by uploading resumes, which automatically populate many of the required fields on the form. After setting up profiles, job seekers encounter a series of general information questions and should respond affirmatively to the inquiries regarding schedule availability, reliable transportation, and possession of high school diplomas in order to demonstrate fulfillment of the fundamental hiring requirements.
Job seekers may check on submitted applications at any time by returning to the Amscot careers website, logging in, and clicking the tab labeled My Tasks. The online system then takes users to a screen with a section called My Submittals, which contains a listing of jobs previously applied for. Applicants determine the status of each position by clicking on the job title corresponding with the particular vacancy.
Benefits of Working at Amscot
In addition to offering pay rates exceeding industry standards, Amscot provides eligible workers with assorted employment benefits. The financial services provider offers comprehensive paid training and promotes from within to support the career advancement goals of talented employees. Qualified associates also take advantage of job benefits like:
- Healthcare coverage
- Dental and vision insurance
- Paid holidays and vacations, and
- 401(k) retirement plans with matching contributions from the employer
Additional Information on Amscot
Founded in 1989 by a Scottish immigrant, Amscot derives the company name from a combination of the country names for America and Scotland. The Florida-based company offers a range of financial services, including cash advances, check cashing, money orders, prepaid credit cards, payment collection for utility bills, and financial budgeting. Each branch office also sells postage stamps, processes money wire transfers, and provides copiers, fax machines, and ATMs for customer use. Many locations even stay open 24 hours daily. In addition to providing financial services for customers, the chain of money superstores offers grants to nonprofit organizations in local Florida communities.