Applebee's is a well-known chain of casual dining restaurants. Established in 1980, the family eatery attracts guests with its laid-back vibe. Serving many locations, the brand has expanded to achieve worldwide success.
Facts About Working at Applebee
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Applebee's?)
Available Positions: Host, Hostess, Server, Bartender, Dish Washer, Carside To Go Specialist, Line Cook, Prep Cook, Broiler Cook, International Chef, Kitchen Manager, General Utility Worker, Food Expeditor, Busser, Assistant Manager, Manager, Waiter, Waitress, Customer Sales Assistant, Delivery Driver, Produce Analyst
Applebee’s Employee Interview Videos
Listen to former employees discuss working at Applebee’s:
Applebee’s Job Opportunities
The company hires year-round for full-time and part-time work. Entry-level Applebee’s jobs consist of hosts, servers, and bartenders. In these careers, employees meet guests’ needs with friendly customer service. Age requirements vary based on position.
Careers at Applebee’s
Workers who seek advancement have long-term options at the restaurant. Possible roles include kitchen, assistant, or general managers. A lot of Applebee’s careers begin as entry-level jobs.
While some job benefits, like salary packages and healthcare coverage, may only be available to full-time workers, the company values the free time of each employee. As such, all Applebee’s jobs have flexible schedules.
Employment and Salary Information for Applebee’s
Applicants must be 18 years old for most entry-level jobs at Applebee’s. Applications for bartending and management need candidates who are 21. Common openings are:
- This job involves seating customers and answering phone calls.
- Hosts start at a minimum wage pay rate.
- A good worker should be able to stay pleasant and calm during peak hours.
- Check out the Applebee’s host job description.
- Employees deliver food and beverages to diners.
- In addition to tips, servers receive $3.00 to $9.00 in hourly wages.
- Basic math and strong people skills are key to this Applebee’s job.
- Learn more by accessing the Applebee’s server job description.
- Bartenders mix drinks and serve patrons.
- The role earns a pay rate of $8.00 per hour, as well as tip money.
- Workers need to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced setting.
- Read the Applebee’s bartender job description for more information.
- Major duties involve completing daily food prep and handling orders.
- Hourly wages for this Applebee’s job start at $11.00.
- Kitchen cooks must work well with others and be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Take a look at the Applebee’s kitchen help job description.
Tips for Applying
Most individual restaurants are franchises. As a result, the hiring process varies by location. Hopefuls can apply online using the career portal. However, submitting an Applebee’s job application in person often leads to an instant interview.
Job seekers should contact the manager roughly a week after turning in an Applebee’s application form. Hiring for some roles may be immediate. Other positions can take two or three weeks.
Benefits of Working at Applebee’s
All Applebee’s employees enjoy work benefits including:
- Fair pay
- Meal discounts
- Paid vacation or paid time off
Full-time workers qualify for employment benefits such as:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Monthly bonuses
- Salary options
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
Additional Information about Applebee’s
Applebee’s gives back to the communities it serves. The company has raised over $8 million for Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation for cancer research. The chain supports military personnel by providing free meals on Veteran’s Day.