Internationally renowned retailer Ashley Furniture provides jobs for thousands of workers. Recent expansions enable the company to remain a hiring leader in the furniture industry. With the first store opening in 1997, the thriving chain continues to draw aspiring employees to apply.
Facts About Working at Ashley Furniture
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Ashley Furniture?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Customer Service Associate, Interior Designer, Bedding Merchandiser, Furniture Repair Service Technician, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Visual Merchandiser, Office Leader, Manager in Training, Sales Manager, Custodian, Night Clean Up Operator, Maintenance Mechanic, Electrical Maintenance Technician, Assembler, Fabrication Operator, Production Supervisor, Quality Assurance Manager, Frame Mill Associate, General Office Associate, Upholsterer, Warehouse Worker, Shipping and Receiving Clerk, Regional Truck Driver, Customer Relations Representative, Sample Maker, Human Resource Administrative Assistant, Retail Systems Specialist, Prep and Assembly Associate
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Ashley Furniture Job Opportunities
Employment options with the corporation cover an extensive variety of possibilities. In addition to jobs at retail store outlets, employment seekers may obtain work in company warehouses and corporate office roles. Individuals with extensive credentials may apply for professional positions in higher administrative marketing, human resources, or design departments. However, the most prevalent entry-level job opportunities with the business exist at Ashley Furniture Homestore locations.
Homestores operate under the direction of Ashley Furniture Industries. Founded in 1945, the company remains one of the largest furniture manufacturers in the world. Roughly 18,000 employees work for the chain, with over 4,000 vacancies in retail-oriented roles. Job seekers benefit from the widespread presence of corporate-owned and franchised hiring outlets. In addition to extensive locations in the United States, the company maintains stores in Canada, Central America, Japan, and Mexico.
Ashley Furniture Positions and Salary Options
Ashley Furniture maintains over 500 locations worldwide and continues to hire as new stores open. The minimum age to apply stands at 18. Applicants must possess high school diplomas or GED equivalents. The chain needs to staff qualified workers for the following positions:
- Providing assistance and service directly to customers, sales associates hold the primary entry-level roles available with Ashley Furniture.
- Typical responsibilities consist of helping patrons select items for purchase, explaining the benefits of merchandise, cashier duties, and greeting guests.
- Self-motivation and teamwork skills prove highly desirable qualities in potential employees.
- Though the company prefers to hire candidates with proven sales abilities, positions largely remain obtainable for workers beginning careers in the field.
- Sales associates make about $8.00 per hour.
- Furniture repair workers fix and maintain products at store locations.
- Employees may work at warehouses, as well.
- Furniture technicians need to pull, lift, or push up to 100lbs at a time, as items may prove heavy and cumbersome.
- Applicants must also possess at least one year of previous furniture repair experience, general knowledge of the furnishings industry, and confidence in handling mechanical tools.
- Repair employees earn as much as $10.00 or more hourly.
- Sales managers oversee staff operations at Ashley Furniture Homestores.
- The employees lead associates through example promoting superior customer service and efficient selling practices.
- Duties often include onboarding new employees and implementing sales plans.
- Organizing and supervising weekly training sessions for subordinate workers also prove common responsibilities for managers.
- Qualifications for sales manager jobs include previous management experience, associates degrees in relevant fields or comparable skills, and familiarity with the UPS system.
- Salary options hover around $45,000, on average.
Tips For Applying
The furniture retail chain staffs workers with strong customer service skills, as employees drive business through effective sales techniques and personable interactions with patrons. Expect to undergo at least two interviews, background checks, and drug-use screenings. Hiring managers seek self-motivated individuals with strong time management skills. Applicants with experience in retail, sales, or the furniture industry gain further consideration with the company. Candidates may apply online or in store locations to obtain employment with Ashley Furniture.
Applicants may inquire about the statuses of submitted documents through telephone calls or store visits once managers receive hiring forms and review the documents. Remain polite on the phone and wear business attire when going to Ashley Furniture locations. Staffing employees bear many responsibilities and generally allot limited time to answer inquiries. Show consideration and patience to impress managers without becoming overbearing or casting negative impressions.
Benefits of Working at Ashley Furniture
Ashley Furniture provides useful and competitive job benefits, as the company values employees highly. Full-time workers historically receive 401(k) retirement plans, medical insurance, and tuition assistance. Paid time off for holidays and vacations may also stand available for qualified associates. Entry-level employees earn industry-comparable base pay and enjoy advancement opportunities with company tenure. Workers often prove eligible for discounts on store merchandise, as well.
More Details on Ashley Furniture
Ashley Furniture gives back to local communities through charitable efforts. Generous donations from the corporation benefit disaster victims, cancer patients, and poverty-stricken families. Ashley’s Angels, a non-profit organization sponsored by the furniture chain, provides additional assistance for children in need. The company also upholds green standards to promote environmental stewardship. Activities include recycling, tree planting, wetland restoration, and hazardous waste reduction.
Blaine Johnson says:
I worked for Ashley furniture for 10 years doing racking, and worked on the ramp.