Plus-size clothier Ashley Stewart caters to specific demographics and offers unique employment opportunities for individuals seeking retail jobs. The fashion company hires on motivated workers to assist in sales, ring up purchases, and offer fashion advice through more than 160 storefronts. The company flagship store, which represents the largest location, resides in Harlem, New York, NY.
Facts About Working at Ashley Stewart
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Ashley Stewart?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Stock Associate, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Key Holder, Merchandise Handler, Merchandise Planner, Senior Inventory Accountant
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Ashley Stewart Job Opportunities
Fashion-savvy individuals usually encounter little resistance in gaining employment with the prominent ladies clothing chain. Ashley Stewart imposes no formal hiring requirements for available jobs featuring entry-level responsibilities outside of desirable personality traits and work ethics. Attractive qualities, such as bright smiles, caring and attentive demeanors, strong sales skills, and the ability to provide educated product recommendations remain ideal for applicants to hold. The ability to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends, and holidays, also greatly increases chances of gaining employment with the fashion retail company.
Applicants must feel comfortable making product recommendations for plus-size individuals. Patrons often inquire about clothing worn in the bedroom and other undergarments, which may put off some prospective employees. During the interview process, hiring personnel often pose mock sales questions to applicants to gauge whether personal retail abilities align with company standards. Career-minded individuals generally go through more specific and rigorous processes to gain employment, which may include presenting documented experience related to leadership or supervisory positions in retail settings.
Ashley Stewart Positions and Salary Information
The retailer provides on-the-job and continued training upon hire. Applicants 18 and over may access competitive base pay and salary options, opportunities for professional growth, and work benefits packages. Ashley Stewart needs to hire for the following jobs:
- Perfect for entry-level job seekers, sales associate jobs feature traditional retail responsibilities, including greeting and assisting customers, completing transactions and handling returns, straightening and organizing merchandise, and creating displays.
- Most sales associates start out in part-time roles and move into full-time status with experience gained.
- Personal interest in fashions and accessories for plus-size individuals aids potential workers during the hiring process.
- Sales associates earn hourly pay scales falling between minimum wage and $10.00.
- A physically demanding job title, stock associate involves loading and unloading shipments, organizing backroom areas, breaking down and disposing of packaging, stocking shelves, and creating displays.
- Workers must stand in good health and possess the ability to lift heavy objects with regularity.
- Skills acquired from previous jobs involving the use of dollies or forklifts may also prove advantageous.
- A typical stock associate earns similar pay to sales associates, with minimum wage representing average starting rates and $10.00 per hour or so serving as the monetary ceiling for the position.
- As a retail chain, Ashley Stewart offers widespread opportunities in management focused on hiring and training new workers, driving sales, improving store efficiency, ordering product, assisting customers, scheduling employees, and ensuring merchandise quality.
- Specific job titles available include assistant manager and store manager.
- Assistant managers work with and directly beneath store managers to carry out daily retail operations and act as shift supervisors.
- Both positions yield annual salary options, with assistant managers pulling in $25,000 to $30,000 at start.
- Salary options for store managers rise to more than $40,000 a year with tenure.
Tips For Applying
Ashley Stewart utilizes social media to provide access to available job opportunities. Workers must apply for fashion retail jobs using the company LinkedIn page. The retailer posts available jobs and links to corresponding application forms on the social media website. Workers may read through brief descriptions of vacancies and then fill out online hiring forms to formally declare candidacy for specific positions. Complete the forms to the best of your abilities and provide honest and truthful information. LinkedIn generally provides an autofill feature, which automatically completes hiring forms with basic information reducing overall time spent filling out the documents.
In many instances, Ashley Stewart applicants receive job offers on-the-spot during the interview process. Some workers may need to check back with the retail chain on application standings. If no communication occurs within a week or so of completing the final interview, call, email, or personally visit hiring personnel in store. Visiting stores in person often proves the most worthwhile method, as the opportunity allows for face-to-face communication between potential managers and aspiring employees. Wear clothing representative of the brand and act in manners appropriate to company culture and the position desired. The extra initiative and ability to visually demonstrate interest in the brand often lauds candidates over other potential hires.
Benefits of Working at Ashley Stewart
Part-time associates enjoy paid training, competitive, entry-level pay, discounts on merchandise, and fun, supportive work environments. In addition to introductory employment benefits, full-time workers receive healthcare options, 401(k) retirement plans, paid time off, and life insurance plans. Work benefits packages may vary by position and location. Managers generally enjoy complete job benefits packages, while full-time associates in sales and stock may receive augmented packages.
Additional Information on Ashley Stewart
An American retailer, Ashley Stewart also provides customers the ability to purchase and ship merchandise internationally. Using the online store provided by the fashion chain customers may purchase items and ship to dozens of countries throughout Europe, Asia, South America, Latin America, the Middle East, and Africa. Consumers living on military bases may also purchase and ship direct using the company web store.
Yvonne Jackson says:
I was previously employed with Ashley Stewart in a management capacity in 2008-20011. I moved my way through the ranks and enjoyed my time within the company. At the time I was willing, and had the ability to travel and work in Ashley’s many locations. ie. CherryHill, Cheltenham, Parkside Plaza, and the Gallery.