A leading retailer of aftermarket auto parts and accessories, AutoZone operates more than 5,000 stores across 49 U.S. states as well as locations in Puerto Rico, Mexico, and Brazil. The chain continues to grow and evolve as a company and always looks to add skilled associates to the team. The retailer accepts applications at all times and reviews every candidate submission.
Facts About Working at AutoZone
Minimum Age to Work at AutoZone: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at AutoZone?)
AutoZone Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 8:00am-10:00pm; Sun: 9:00am-9:00pm
Available Positions at AutoZone: Customer service representative, manager, parts delivery driver, parts sales representative, store AutoZoner, truck driver
AutoZone Employee Interview Videos
AutoZone Employment Opportunities
AutoZone offers a vast array of career opportunities throughout the system of stores. Each location sells thousands of parts and accessories and requires sizable staffs of both part-time and full-time workers. Store associates enjoy team-oriented environments and ample opportunities for career development. Additionally, working at the store level serves as excellent work experience for aspiring automotive parts experts. Opportunities also exist outside of the store level. Interested applicants discover careers in field management and field support, commercial sales, distribution, and store support. Every career area offers a unique employment experience to equip associates with transferable skills.
The company focuses on providing customers with personal assistance and trustworthy advice from associates deemed as AutoZoners. The hard-working team members provide expert knowledge and friendly, hands-on assistance to everyone who walks into each store. The model AutoZoner puts customers ahead of everything else, works well in team settings, and strives to exceed expectations. Workers who embody the AutoZoner values may apply online with the company.
AutoZone Positions and Salary Information
The company remains at the forefront of the automotive industry and offers competitive pay to all employees. Each store offers careers in sales, delivery driving, and management. Most automotive job available set the minimum age for employment at 18 years old. Common entry-level store opportunities with the company include:
Often called an AutoZoner.
- Parts sales associate works on the sales floor and offers detailed product knowledge and automotive advice to customers.
- Parts sales associates should remain knowledgeable on products and services offered.
- Key product categories associates should hold knowledge for include batteries, brake pads, filters, and exhaust systems.
- Paid by the hour, parts sales workers may earn between $8.00 and $10.00.
Customer Service Representative
- Customer service representatives ring up customer orders at the cash register.
- When needed, customer service representatives go out to customer vehicles and assess mechanical issues for patrons.
- At times, associates may assist with checking and replacing car batteries.
- Customer service representatives usually make about $9.00 an hour.
Parts Delivery Driver
- Parts delivery drivers pick up and deliver parts to stores and wholesale customers in timely manners.
- Workers must establish efficient routs and exhibit professional attitudes.
- Parts delivery drivers must meet the age requirement of 21 years in order to apply.
- The company also requires workers possess strong communication skills and the ability to lift over 50 pounds.
- Drivers also need to possess valid driver’s licenses and clean driving records.
- Pay for delivery drivers ranges from $8.00 to $13.00 an hour.
Job Description and Duties
- Experienced workers seeking career advancement in the automotive industry should consider management positions at AutoZone, the leading auto parts retailer in the country.
- AutoZone managers oversee and maintain specialized products and services each store provides.
- Managerial employees hire, train, and develop entry-level workers into knowledgeable auto parts experts.
- Store managers also create staff work schedules, order inventory, and drive sales to meet goals or projections.
- Additional responsibilities include maintaining store safety standards and ensuring storewide customer satisfaction.
- Management jobs at AutoZone include multiple hiring qualifications and education requirements.
- Applicants must stand at least 18 years of age with a high school diploma.
- Prospective managers must hold at least three years of prior experience in an automotive retail setting.
- Many AutoZone locations feature Manager-In-Training programs and promote seasoned associates from within.
- In addition to having related experience, managerial candidates should demonstrate exceptional communication, leadership, and organization skills.
- Computer literacy and moderate business acumen may also prove helpful for hiring consideration.
- Successful management prospects must possess the ability to work a full-time schedule featuring night, weekend, and holiday shifts.
Salary and Compensation
- Annual salary options for AutoZone store managers begin around $30,000 and may increase to $60,000 or more with experience, bonuses, and commissions.
- Average pay rests around $45,000 per year.
- In addition to monetary performance-based incentives, qualified employees enjoy generous benefits like healthcare coverage, life insurance, credit union membership, and 401(k) retirement plans.
- AutoZone also offers paid holidays, vacation time, and product discounts to eligible associates.
- The auto parts retailer promotes personal development as well and may provide academic scholarships or tuition assistance.
- With over 5,000 locations nationwide, AutoZone boasts abundant managerial opportunities for career-minded job seekers.
Tips For Applying
The auto parts supplier recommends using a recently updated internet browser to apply online. Some browsers may not support the AutoZone online application, so applicants may need to use a different browser type. The automotive supplier recommends applicants use Internet Explorer or Firefox. When filling out the application, make sure to supply correct and truthful information in required fields. Applicants may change or edit information by navigating back to the personal information section. Even after submitting the application, applicants may change personal profiles by logging in to the careers page with the username and password created at the beginning of the application process. The online application also includes a pre-employment assessment. Applicants may not go back to previous screens to change pre-employment answers. Workers should double-check responses before moving on to more questions. The application allows candidates to copy and paste resumes. Tailor resumes to the position desired and attach the documents to the application. Including a resume often differentiates a candidates from other, less-motivated job hopefuls.
A friendly company, AutoZone welcomes open communication with current workers as well as potential employees. About a week after sending in an application, contact the desired store and ask to speak to the manager involved in the hiring process. When on the phone with management, politely inquire about the status of the job and any potential employment decisions. Show a genuine interest in the position and express passion to work for the company. Applicants who remain persistent with the company often earn added hiring consideration from managers.
AutoZone Employee Benefits
Employees remain of the utmost value to the company, and eligible workers receive:
- Comprehensive benefits packages including life, health, disability, and retirement benefits.
- Full-time employees receive basic life insurance coverage and short- and long-term disability pay.
- Health and overall wellness benefits include customizable medical plans and dental plans, employee assistance programs, and vision coverage.
- Retirement benefits include 401(k) retirement plans with company-match options and stock purchase plans.
- Eligible associates may also earn personal wellbeing benefits, such as vacation days, company-observed holidays, and adoption discounts.
- All workers enjoy 20% discounts on store merchandise as well as discounts with affiliated retailers like Apple, AT&T, Dell, HP, and Ford.
Other Information About AutoZone
In addition to hiring workers through traditional methods like accepting applications, AutoZone finds talent though various recruitment methods. The auto parts retailer searches for the brightest talent by participating in career fairs at universities across the United States. While on campus, recruiters conduct interviews as well as visit student organizations. College students may also apply for summer internships, which offer on-the-job experience with the company and often lead to top-level company careers in areas like HR, finance, IT, and supply chain. The aftermarket parts retailer also supports veterans partnering with the Hiring Our Heroes program to employ soldiers and veterans. The company even sends recruiters to bases across the U.S. to conduct interviewing and hiring.