Avenue serves around 40 states in the U.S. through a network of roughly 300 locations. The prominent fashion retailer primarily offers entry-level employment opportunities in sales and customer service; however, job seekers may also take advantage of several career options available in management.
Facts About Working at Avenue
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Avenue?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Assistant Manager, Manager, Assistant Sourcing Manager, Associate Recruitment Specialist, Benchmarking and Data Analysis Intern, Pricing Analyst, Fashion and Merchandising Specialist, Marketing Manager, Social Media Manager, Operations Supervisor, Workstation Support Specialist
Avenue Job Opportunities
Styles offered by the popular, mall-based clothing line include outfits and accessories for plus-sized women between early adulthood and middle age. Applicants must possess some knowledge of fitting others for fashion and providing expert and trendy advice to shoppers. The average worker starts out in sales associate jobs and moves into managerial roles through strong work performance or experience gained. Retail job seekers need attentive, personable, and customer-centric personalities in order to receive full hiring consideration.
Entry-level job opportunities feature part-time and full-time scheduling, flexible hours, and paid training. Completion of the hiring process also provides access to work benefits packages for select job titles. In general, managers represent the demographic eligible to receive employment benefits. The average part-time or entry-level associate usually earns discounts on products and opportunities for advancement within the company. Fashionable and trendy, Avenue stores also keep employees in-the-loop on the latest styles available as well as provide excellent opportunities to build interpersonal skills and sales abilities.
Avenue Employment and Salary Information
With fashions aimed at ladies 25 and older, Avenue prefers to hire on matured staff and sets the minimum hiring age at 18. Typical workdays for most employees involve some form of customer service in addition to specific responsibilities. Jobs for hire often include:
- Job duties for sales associates require excellent communication skills, fashion adeptness, and motivated personalities.
- The position involves some stock and sales in addition to operating cash registers to complete transactions and generally maintaining each location.
- During a given shift, workers may hang or straighten clothing racks and displays, allow access to changing rooms, watch for suspicious activity, and answer questions related to merchandise lines, services, store hours, and other matters of policy.
- Courteous, professional, and dedicated applicants typically fare well during the hiring process.
- Hourly pay resting around minimum wage at start and ranging up to $9.00 or $10.00 proves typical of the position.
- Two specific job titles exist under the category of management at Avenue locations: assistant manager and store manager.
- Both positions carry out administrative tasks to ensure the overall profitability and sustainability of each store.
- Primary job duties include hiring and training new workers, overseeing shipments, balancing cash registers and reporting sales numbers, driving store sales goals, marketing, merchandising, creating store layouts, resolving conflicts, preventing theft, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Previous experience in management generally serves as a base requirement for managerial careers.
- The retail chain may also look for potential employees carrying work histories in leadership roles related to the fashion industry.
- Experience within the brand often supersedes outside experience.
- Assistant managers regularly make between $9.00 and $11.00 per hour, while store managers earn annual salary options of up to $40,000, on average.
Tips For Applying
The hiring process for Avenue allows workers to put in applications online. Job seekers search for available positions by store using the navigation tabs on the company careers page. After selecting a specific location, workers then view the available opportunities at the desired store. Physical, paper application forms remain on file at each location, as well. Whether filling out the hiring forms by hand or online, prospective associates need to demonstrate thoroughness and provide complete information to gain full consideration and review by recruitment personnel.
While the fashion retail chain offers ways to apply for jobs online, applicants should check back with Avenue regarding the status of applications in person or by telephone. The personal method of contacting managers by phone or through in-store visits allows for first-hand demonstration of fashion knowledge and provides excellent opportunities to showcase professional attributes related to the desired job title. Wait a day or so before checking back with hiring personnel. Many applicants receive job offers within a week of submitting employment forms. Contact may become staggered due to managerial responsibilities or large fields of applicants needing reviewed.
Benefits of Working at Avenue
The ability to engage with customers and build relationships with fellow employees in supportive job settings stands as a major draw to work for the reputable fashion company. Avenue also provides access to work benefits packages consisting of:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Insurance options
- Life insurance plans, and healthcare coverage
- Including medical
- Dental and vision
Job benefits eligibility and availability may vary by franchise and with rank within the company, i.e. full-time or part-time status.
Additional Information on Avenue
Specializing in plus-size clothing for women, Avenue tailors styles to figures falling between the dress sizes of 14 to 32. The retail chain emphasizes operations based on ethics and sensitivity to the unique fashion demographic. Designers working for the chain understand the frustration many women feel in being unable to find clothes fit for varied body types in traditional retail stores. The company motto of “Love Yourself” exemplifies the intended overall message the fashion outfit promotes toward clothing lines sold and the enjoyment of the product lines by shoppers.