A subsidiary of the Avis Budget Group, Avis Car Rental hires motivated and energetic job seekers for sales positions. Established in 1946, the automobile lender must fill diverse employment roles at nearly 5,000 locations. Jobs available include full-time and part-time positions.
Facts About Working at Avis
Minimum Age to Work at Avis: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Avis?)
Avis Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri: 6:00am-12:00am; Sat: 7:30am-12:00am; Sun: 7:00am-12:00am
Available Positions at Avis: Customer Service Representative, Rental Sales Associate, Automotive Technician, Automotive Mechanic
Avis Employment Opportunities
Applicants find promising job prospects with the thriving company at offices throughout the United States and Canada. The widespread presence of locations keeps work opportunities plentiful. Entry-level customer care, service, and sales jobs regularly prove available for qualified employment hunters. The rental chain also hires for field operations, supply, and logistics-related positions. In addition, experienced professionals may seek careers at the Avis corporate headquarters in Parsippany, NJ.
Avis Car Rental employs workers with sales credentials to offer high-quality customer service to clients. Applicants with previous work history in retail, marketing, and advertising capacities generally make the best candidates for most jobs with rental company. In addition, individuals with backgrounds in the automotive industry typically possess knowledge essential to positions with the chain. Employment in the fast-paced service environments maintained by the company often entails providing helpful insight on automobile types most appropriate for particular rental situations, which requires extensive familiarity with available cars and driving in general.
Avis Car Rental Jobs and Salary Options
Applicants must stand at least 18 years of age to obtain work with Avis Car Rental. Commission-based pay rates and attractive job benefits draw motivated individuals to apply to the company. Steady employee turnover rates and corporate growth create new jobs constantly. The chain needs to hire for the following positions:
Vehicle Return Associate
- Vehicle return associates process cars brought back by patrons.
- Duties often include parking cars, safely directing inflow traffic, and ensuring clients do not leave valuables in rental vehicles.
- Candidates with customer service backgrounds, valid driver’s licenses, and strong driving abilities fare best when applying for vehicle return jobs.
- Applicant must work outdoors consistently in varied weather conditions, such as cold, rainy, sunny, hot, or windy environments.
- Employees normally earn about $10.50 per hour.
Rental Sales Associate
- Often earning $10.00 an hour plus lucrative commissions and bonus incentives, rental sales associates provide direct customer service to patrons seeking vehicles.
- Workers knowledgeably explain available options to clients, including models, mileage, pricing, and other relevant information to help customers make the best selections.
- Employees also promote other Avis products, services, and incentives while assisting guests with car rentals.
- Candidates must possess high school diplomas or GED equivalents and at least six months of sales and customer service experience.
- Flexible availability and basic computer skills prove essential for applicants, as well.
Tips For Applying
Job seekers with industry experience, friendly personalities, and confidence in sales skills typically enjoy success when applying to the car rental company, as Avis hires motivated professionals for employment roles. Individuals applying for management-level jobs or higher positions should attach current resumes and cover letters to applications. Expect one-on-one interviews over the phone and at office locations. Pre-employment drug and background screenings also prove standard for the rental chain. Candidates seeking work with the company may apply online or in-person.
Though job seekers often receive calls from hiring personnel within two weeks or less after submitting applications, candidates may follow up sooner to show interest in positions. Managers notice individuals taking time to inquire about application status and often show greater consideration to dedicated applicants. Use polite and professional language when calling or emailing human resources personnel. Visiting Avis locations in-person in addition to telephone or online inquiries remains an effective follow-up method.
Benefits of Working at Avis Car Rental
Avis Car Rental provides eligible staff members with high-quality job benefits, such as:
- Medical coverage,
- Life insurance,
- Tuition assistance, and flexible spending accounts.
- Qualified employees may enroll in optional 401(k) retirement plans with company match, as well.
Full-time associates receive paid time off for personal days, holidays, and vacations. As part of the company, workers also enjoy a wide variety of discount options, including reduced rates on car and truck rentals, wireless service plans, hotel stays, and warehouse memberships.
More Details on Avis
The Avis Budget Group proudly champions veterans of the United States military. As a member of the 100,000 Jobs Mission Coalition, the corporation pledges to hire transitioning service members and veterans. Through subsidiary Budget Rent-a-Car, the business supports nonprofit organization Veterans Across America, as well. In addition, the rental company attends numerous job fairs for former armed services members and donates time and funding to the Wounded Warrior Project.