A privately owned furniture chain with a rich family history, Badcock Furniture offers job seekers opportunities for work in relaxed, family-oriented environments throughout the Southeastern United States. Full-time and part-time openings exist for seasoned professionals and new workers alike.
Facts About Working at Badcock Furniture
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Badcock Furniture?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Store Associate, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager, Receiving Supervisor, Instructional Designer, Benefits Coordinator, Traveling Inventory Analyst, Retail Manager in Training
Badcock Furniture Employment Outlook
Badcock Furniture experienced steady growth since the store founding in 1904. While the company started as a single storefront, over 300 locations presently reside in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Virginia. Any job seekers with extensive backgrounds in sales or management may find fulfilling careers by opening franchised locations. Work opportunities also remain available at the company headquarters in Mulberry, FL.
Individuals seeking entry-level employment fare well turning to Badcock Furniture. Given the company emphasis on family values, any workers demonstrating integrity, respect for others, and willingness to work in teams during the application process receive genuine consideration for available positions. Additionally, any familiarity with company history, current furniture trends, or general sales practices and etiquette may earn candidates preference for hire. Previous experience in retail or similar settings may give job seekers access to more opportunities; however, previous employment in any field does not stand required to apply.
Available Badcock Furniture Jobs and Salary Information
Most available jobs require candidates to hold high school diplomas or GED equivalents to submit applications. Associates as young as 18 years of age may work with the furniture company. Join the several thousand workers already employed by the furniture company by applying for the following entry-level positions:
- Responsible for leaving positive first and last impressions with customers, retail sales associates perform best with friendly and outgoing dispositions.
- Interested candidates must possess basic math and computer skills, developed written and verbal communication abilities, and prove able to stand, walk, bend, twist, stoop, kneel, and lift up to 50 pounds regularly.
- Shift duties include greeting customers, responding to inquiries, promoting special sales and deals, developing rapports with clientele, scheduling furniture deliveries, ringing up customer items at cash registers, and efficiently processing payments.
- Retail sales associates earn average hourly wages between $9.00 and $10.00.
Home Delivery Driver
- Requiring clean driving records and commercial driver’s licenses, home delivery driver jobs primarily involve loading merchandise, transporting pieces to customer homes, and then moving the furniture inside.
- Excellent customer service abilities, preferences for working in pairs or as part of teams, and physical abilities to lift and move up to 200 pounds with the help of appropriate tools all gain candidates partiality for hire.
- Typically available as a part-time position, the job title of home delivery driver garners salary packages of $30,000 to $40,000 a year depending on demonstrated skills and previous experience.
- Other responsibilities include safely and attentively operating company vehicles, checking in with customers before performing deliveries, placing furniture in patron homes, responding to minor service calls for repairs, and effectively following the delivery schedule.
Customer Service Representative
- Available as full-time or part-time job opportunities, customer service representative positions pay between $11.00 and $13.00 an hour.
- Regular responsibilities include answering customer calls, responding to inquires about bills, warranties, store hours, and deliveries, resolving complaints, and following up with clientele when necessary.
- Interested individuals should possess advanced communication abilities, friendly and polite manners, basic computer skills, and time management and multi-tasking capabilities.
Tips For Applying
Workers wishing to apply with Badcock Furniture must create profiles on the company careers portal. Individuals maintain the option of connecting to social media sites like Facebook, Google+, or LinkedIn to expedite the application process. Additionally, uploading resumes, which highlight relevant skills as well as employment and volunteer experience, allow job hopefuls to complete applications in five to 10 minutes. To earn consideration, workers may also need to enter references and education histories.
Candidates may log back onto career portal profiles to check on application statuses. The portal allows job seekers to monitor when management received applications, reviewed the documents, and accepted or rejected the bids for employment. Individuals wishing to touch base with hiring managers via phone calls, emails, or store visits should use professional courtesies and exercise excellent decorum. Candidates choosing to visit stores should dress well and plan stop-ins during traditionally slow business hours.
Benefits of Working at Badcock Furniture
As a small, family-owned company, Badcock Furniture provides associates with comprehensive work benefits packages. Employees enjoy healthcare coverage, which includes:
- Dental and vision care
- Pension plans
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Vacation time, and
- Paid time off
Additionally, workers receive 20 percent discounts on company furniture.
Supplemental Information on Badcock Furniture
Badcock Furniture offers customers several protection plan options. The furniture protection plan covers manufacturer defects, cracking or peeling finishes, warped or cracked frames, breaking or bending of mechanisms like springs and coils, food and beverage stains, and the failure of electronic apparatuses like clocks and motors. Since the company sells more than just furniture, plans exist to cover appliances, lawn and garden products, and laptops, as well.