A popular chain of Mexican grills, Baja Fresh manages more than 250 locations across the U.S., with operations in 29 states. An excellent place to find entry-level work, the national chain competes in the fast food industry and provides easily accessible employment opportunities for interested applicants.
Facts About Working at Baja Fresh
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Baja Fresh?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Line Server, Cook, Shift Supervisor, Assistant Restaurant Manager, Restaurant Manager, Station Attendant, Assistant Controller
Baja Fresh Job Opportunities
Most job opportunities available require no prior training or experience for hiring consideration. The only prerequisites for employment put in place by the chain of Mexican grills generally include personable and friendly attitudes and the ability to multitask in fast-paced work settings.
Baja Fresh locations operate restaurants in assembly-line fashion. Workers must carry out job duties as part of a team with efficiency in order to find success with the fast food company. The fast paces of each location require on-point, consistent, and reliable individuals who thrive quick-service settings. Associates must also remain personable and professional while on the clock. Memorization also plays key for aspiring employees, as workers must possess the ability to create and/or alter menu items upon request.
The minimum hiring age at most Baja Fresh restaurants falls at 16. Applicants may gain employment under the age of 16 with proper permission from local governments and parental consent. Candidates looking for careers with the restaurant chain often need to stand at least 18 years of age and hold high school diplomas or GED equivalents and proven capabilities as leaders. High turnover rates often facilitate frequent hiring with the fast food chain. Contact a local store or fill out an online job application to receive more information on available employment opportunities now.
Baja Fresh Positions and Salary Information
Upon hire, employees receive paid training, flexible hours, and room for growth into long-term careers. The Mexican-inspired chain also provides competitive base pay and lucrative salary options. Jobs available encompass various aspects of customer service, food prep, and administrative responsibilities. The most widely available job titles include:
- The multi-purpose employment opportunity of cashier involves several aspects of fast food operations.
- Primary responsibilities attributed to cashiers include greeting customers, taking food and drink orders, and processing payments on computerized cash registers.
- Cashiers also assist in food preparation and basic sanitation of each location.
- Friendly individuals capable of basic arithmetic and standing on foot for several hours at a time represent ideal candidates.
- The popular chain also looks for workers who execute job duties efficiently, despite the rushed or hurried expectations for service.
- Cashiers earn between minimum wage and $9.00 an hour.
- In order to make the assembly line concept work at Baja Fresh locations, the fast food chain hires on line cooks to continuously prepare food while cashiers take and process customer orders.
- The key duties associated with line cook jobs include preparing menu items, such as grilling chicken and steak, steaming rice, or chopping vegetables.
- Quickness and the ability to work well with others also plays factor in gaining employment as a line cook.
- Experience in the kitchen or in a similar position may benefit prospective workers during the hiring process.
- The restaurant chain hires on new associates at $8.00 or $9.00 per hour.
- Hourly pay may increase over time.
- Each location requires teams of managers to oversee basic health and safety codes, hire on new workers, and carry out administrative tasks, like process payroll and place food orders.
- Career options available in the form of shift manager, assistant manager, and store manager provide part-time and full-time opportunities for work with higher pay and greater reward.
- Applicants must meet the minimum hiring requirements for employment consideration and show definitive leadership and organizational qualities to gain hire.
- The chain of Mexican grills also looks for dependable, customer-oriented individuals who exude excellent interpersonal skills.
- Pay scales begin around $9.00 or $10.00 an hour for shift managers and rise to more than $20,000 annual salary for assistant managers.
- Store managers typically access salary options falling between $35,000 and $50,000 a year.
Tips For Applying
Employment hunters may utilize online versions of hiring forms or download PDFs to access jobs. The popular fast food chain generally hires individuals with flexible hours, including the ability to work nights and weekends. Most entry-level employees start out in highly variable schedules and move into more solid roles over time. Marking open availability on application forms may result in added review.
Calling and visiting locations represent the two best options for checking on application statuses. In both instances, workers should ask to speak with managers directly and employ professional attitudes. Use the opportunity to ask about subsequent steps and any additional information needed to complete the hiring process. Endeavor to call or visit within a few days of submitting applications. Waiting too long may communicate disinterest, with other, more motivated candidates placing calls or visiting in timely manners potentially receiving preferential treatment.
Benefits of Working at Baja Fresh
After completing the necessary steps to gain employment at a Baja Fresh location, each worker immediately receives discounts on food and drink, complimentary nametags and uniforms, industry-competitive base pay, and access to flexible shift options. The fast food chain also provides work benefits packages to eligible associates regularly consisting of:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid time off
- Healthcare coverage, and
- Life insurance plans
Specific employment benefits may vary by location due to franchising.
More Information on Baja Fresh
Patrons who regular the fast food chain may sign up for a rewards program called Club Baja. The restaurant uses the rewards program as a way to give back to customers who show exceptional loyalty to the brand. Rewards program benefactors enjoy free tacos just for signing up, while ongoing perks include points accruable for free food. Club Baja also provides free burritos on each patron’s birthday.