Founded in 1945, Baskin-Robbins is one of the more popular ice cream chains around. There are thousands of stores in dozens of countries, so it is among the largest too.
Facts About Working at Baskin Robbins
Hiring Age: 14 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Baskin Robbins?)
Available Positions: Cake decorator, cashier, crew member, manager, server
Baskin-Robbins Employee Interview Videos
Listen to former employees discuss working at Baskin-Robbins:
Baskin-Robbins Job Opportunities
In most states, workers have to be 16 years old to fill out a Baskin-Robbins job application. Previous employment experience is not required. Stores look for an employee who has reliable transportation, and is willing to work multiple shifts.
Patrons expect a fun and familiar feel while enjoying desserts. Employees working Baskin-Robbins jobs must remain friendly and professional to provide great customer service.
The company routinely hires for part-time and full-time jobs. Baskin-Robbins prefers to promote from within. However, supervisor roles are often available to outside workers. Advanced employment might need further experience or education to increase pay rates.
Employment and Salary Information for Baskin-Robbins
Those looking for fast-paced employment can fill out Baskin-Robbins applications in person or apply online. Entry-level or career-minded individuals may work in the following positions:
- Job duties include taking orders, cleaning dining areas, and ringing up purchases.
- Crew members tend to start out at minimum hourly wages near $9.00.
- Hopefuls should exhibit enthusiasm and desire to perform as part of a team.
- Check out the Baskin-Robbins crew member job description.
- Daily tasks involve interviewing, hiring, and teaching new employees.
- Restaurant managers can earn up to a $50k annual salary package.
- The ideal worker will have a history in retail or food service management.
Tips for Applying
When applying at a store, speak directly with hiring staff, and ask to set up a job interview. Attaching a resume to an online Baskin-Robbins application form is thoughtful. As always, dress well, make eye contact, and remember to smile.
Successful applicants hear back to meet within two weeks. A lot of prospective workers receive an offer during or shortly after the final interview. Baskin-Robbins career candidates seeking manager jobs usually wait about a week to find out hiring decisions.
Benefits of Working at Baskin-Robbins
Full-time job benefits may include:
- Healthcare coverage with medical insurance
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Tuition reimbursement for qualified workers
- Life insurance for seasoned employees
Part-time employment benefits are limited to food discounts and paid time off in special instances. New hires also get training and uniforms.
Additional Information about Baskin-Robbins
The company has a unique presence on platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Customers or Baskin-Robbins workers help in marketing by posting pictures of new products, using hashtags, and checking in at locations.