As part of the largest hotel company in the world, Baymont Inn & Suites maintains an extensive workforce bolstered by the frequent hiring of new associates. Employees work in a variety of roles ranging from entry-level front desk and housekeeping jobs to professional careers as managers.
Facts About Working at Baymont Inn And Suites
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Baymont Inn And Suites?)
Available Positions: Front Desk Agent, Housekeeper, Maintenance Technician, Groundskeeper, In House Sales Representative, Business Analyst, File Clerk, Holiday Sales Consultant
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Baymont Inn & Suites Job Opportunities
The midscale hotel chain oversees more than 300 properties nationwide and provides job seekers with ample opportunities for employment across the country. Hotel associates at each location focus on delivering levels of service known within the company as Hometown Hospitality, which requires workers to think of guests as neighbors rather than just customers. Employees interact with a variety of people on a regular basis and need to know how to address the individual needs of each guest, as the hotel chain accommodates all types of customers ranging from business travelers to families.
In addition to assisting and interacting with guests, workers complete a variety of daily tasks designed to keep the hotel clean and profitable. While front desk agents primarily deal with customers and housekeepers take care of hotel cleanliness, managers oversee the business side of operations and ensure the financial wellbeing of the establishment. The entry-level nature of front desk and housekeeping positions generally make the jobs easy to obtain as long as candidates satisfy the minimum qualifications regarding education and availability. For aspiring managers, previous hotel experience typically serves as the major hiring requirement.
Baymont Inn & Suites Positions and Salary Information
With no onsite dining facilities to staff, Baymont Inn & Suites locations mainly hire front desk associates, housekeepers, and managers. Depending on the specific amenities available, certain locations may also need to hire attendants to clean and oversee breakfast room or swimming pools areas. The information listed below gives more details about the most popular career opportunities offered by the limited service hotel chain:
Front Desk Agent
- Primarily involved with check-in and check-out procedures, front desk agents set the tone for arriving guests and make sure departing customers leave satisfied.
- Checking guests in entails making room assignments and issuing keys, while the checkout process involves totaling charges and collecting payments.
- Front desk agents also answer the phones, set up reservations, respond to questions about hotel policies and services, and deal with special requests or complaints.
- The entry-level position demands computer literacy, as front desk agents use specialized software programs to make reservations and keep track of billing.
- Front desk hotel jobs, which typically pay between $9.00 and $10.00 an hour at Baymont Inn & Suites, also require high school diplomas.
- Housekeepers take responsibility for keeping the guestrooms and public areas of the hotel clean and well-maintained.
- Typical job duties range from making beds and emptying trash cans to vacuuming carpets, sweeping floors, dusting furniture, and helping with laundry.
- Housekeepers also make sure guests enjoy clean towels, drinking glasses, and toiletries.
- The ideal candidate for hotel housekeeping jobs maintains the ability to work weekends and holidays.
- Baymont Inn & Suites encourages job seekers who lack weekend and holiday availability to apply for other positions.
- The hotel chain pays housekeepers about $8.00 or $9.00 per hour.
- Maintaining the success of the business serves as the principal responsibility of hotel management.
- To ensure a successful hotel, managers recruit and hire the most qualified workers, motivate employees to meet high standards of service, generate accurate financial forecasts to help with budgeting, and cultivate relationships with current and potential customers in order to increase sales.
- Managerial responsibilities also include actions like implementing company policies, creating productive work environments, scheduling and supervising entry-level associates, and regularly inspecting the property for cleanliness and maintenance issues.
- A college degree often aids potential managers in securing employment, though previous hotel experience still remains key.
- Salary options start around $27,000 per year and generally rise as entry-level managers gain experience and advance professionally within the hotel industry.
Tips For Applying
After navigating to the company careers page from the Baymont Inn & Suites website and selecting available positions, job seekers may begin the application process by clicking the Apply Online button and either setting up user profiles or logging back in to previously created ones. As a time-saving device, the online form automatically extracts relevant information from the social media profiles or uploaded resumes of applicants. The extracted material, which candidates must otherwise enter manually, typically covers the contact information and work experience sections of the application. Applicants also encounter questions pertaining to skills and qualifications relevant to the desired position. For questions revolving around the ability to work flexible schedules, job seekers should respond affirmatively whenever possible.
To check or change a completed application, simply return to the company careers website and log in with the appropriate username and password. By clicking the tab labeled My Jobpage, applicants may view, edit, or withdraw completed submissions. Job seekers may also follow up with the applicable hotel directly; however, the human resources department ultimately sends emails to inform rejected applicants of elimination from the hiring process.
Benefits of Working at Baymont Inn & Suites
Due to franchising, the employment benefits available to Baymont Inn & Suites associates tend to vary depending on location. However, in general, eligible workers enjoy a full range of medical and financial benefits. Franchise owners frequently offer perks like:
- Health insurance
- Vacation time, and
- 401(k) retirement plans to qualified employees.
Discounted room rates often serve as a popular benefit of working for the midscale hotel chain, as well.
Additional Information on Baymont Inn & Suites
Despite classification as a limited-service hotel chain, Baymont Inn & Suites offers several amenities to enhance guest experiences and raise the profile of the brand. Each location provides free WiFi and complimentary breakfast served in designated areas called Baymont Breakfast Corners. Most locations also boast fitness centers, meeting facilities and business centers for traveling professionals, and expansive suites in addition to conventional guestrooms. A majority of hotels within the chain serve cookies to guests at check-in, as well. Select locations even feature indoor swimming pools for year-round fun.