Operating around 1,875 centers in 12 states, BB&T ranks as one of the largest financial services holding companies in the United States. Recognized for excellent client satisfaction, the bank seeks entry-level job hopefuls to fill out applications for customer-oriented positions frequently.
Facts About Working at BB&T
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at BB&T?)
Available Positions: Customer Service Representative, Teller, Personal Banker, Relationship Banker, Business Insurance Agent, Business Services Officer, Employee Benefits Insurance Agent, SSI Financial Advisor, Information Security Officer, Corporate Banker, Mortgage Servicing Rights Representative, Assistant Portfolio Manager, Collections Representative, Payment Solutions Product and Sales Manager, Wealth Management Agent, Mortgage Loan Officer, Private Financial Services Advisor, Investment Counselor, Financial Center Leader, Problem Loan Administrator
BB&T Job Opportunities
Offering a full line of products and services, the commercial lender accommodates customer requests and satisfies financial needs. BB&T provides consumer and commercial banking, securities brokerage, asset management, mortgage, and insurance products. Prospective applicants find work in titles such as tellers, mortgage loan officers, investment counselors, business services officers, and branch bankers. The company also maintains an insurance division with careers in sales, customer service, claims, and payment processing. As an employer of almost 33,400 workers, full-time and part-time openings remain readily accessible.
The organization makes the world a better place by allowing clients to achieve economic success and financial security. BB&T expands the idea by investing in communities through educational programs. The company supports diversity in workplaces and hires directly from surrounding communities. Office environments foster and appreciate individual differences which often allow for better customer relatability. Varied life and business experiences enable improved service and the building of lasting professional relationships. BB&T University educates employees with highly regarded training and development programs. Within the university, workers gain informal networking opportunities often leading to career advancements.
BB&T Employment and Pay Information
In order to perform essential duties, BB&T requests prospective applicants to possess necessary skill sets. Minimally, candidates must hold high school diplomas or equivalents; however, college educations assist prospective employees in obtaining larger salary options and advanced positions. Due to the nature of banking, employees must exhibit top-notch organizational and interpretive skills. Certain positions mandate flexible work schedules. Job titles with regular availability include the following:
- By delivering superior quality service, tellers follow corporate, regulatory, and audit guidelines to complete daily operations.
- Employees maintain accurate records through the proper handling of monies.
- Management encourages workers to engage in sales and refer customers.
- The position offers salary options of $10.00 and $16.00 an hour.
- Senior tellers may earn up to $19.00 per hour.
- Qualified applicants must attend paid training in required timeframes.
- Candidates should also demonstrate the ability to read, follow written instructions, and complete accurate reports.
- Occasionally, tellers must accommodate staffing shortages and travel to other branches.
Remittance Processing Associate
- Under the direction of production supervisors, associates prepare deposits, perform data entry, and utilize image capturing equipment for commercial lockbox clients.
- Workers sort, prep, and complete scans on lockbox payments per client instructions.
- Employees use image scanners to capture check and remittance documents, as well.
- Applicants should hold above average alpha and numeric data-entry skills.
- Potential team members must also communicate effectively and demonstrate advanced PC knowledge.
- Annual starting salary options of around $27,000 allow candidates with limited experience opportunities to gain valuable knowledge in the banking industry.
Junior Mortgage Loan Officer
- Often earning $25,000 a year, junior mortgage loan officer associates must hold at least one year of banking or lending experience.
- Salary options may exceed $55,000 a year with bachelor’s degrees and a few years of experience.
- Loan officers sell and market BB&T mortgage loan products according to bank policies and procedures.
- Junior officers also refer mortgage clients to other bank service departments.
- Production goals require workers to build lasting relationships with customers and seek referrals.
- Employees generally maintain excellent organization, written and verbal communication, and negotiation skills.
Tips For Applying
BB&T Talent Gateway, a career portal used for submitting applications, allows prospective applicants opportunities to search through job listings. Candidates browse through positions by locations, categories, and scheduled hours. Upon finding desirable positions, job seekers create profiles and upload resumes into the system. Hopefuls may also submit applications without selecting specific openings. Entry-level resumes should demonstrate organization and excellent communication skills. Distinguishable applicants impress hiring managers by making in-person appearances with resumes. Revealing genuine interest in positions regularly impresses managers and showcases polite and personable attitudes.
Average hiring processes range from one to three weeks long depending on positions and branches. Applicants generally receive email notifications after submitting application forms. If qualified, job seekers receive phone calls from hiring managers offering phone or face-to-face interviews. Candidates may follow-up in-person after a few days of not hearing back. Employment hopefuls should reflect professionalism in appearances and attitudes. If openings fill, contenders should proactively resubmit applications and continue to show interest in the company.
Benefits of Working for BB&T
Employment benefits extend beyond income.
- Associates working over 20 hours gain eligibility for 401(k) retirement plans, pensions, and life insurance.
- Healthcare coverage includes dental, vision, and medical insurance.
- Disability and accidental death coverages also stand available.
- Workers obtain products and services at reduced or no cost, such as retail deposits, related deposit services, credit cards, retail loans, mortgages, insurance, and investments.
- Additional work benefits include employee assistance programs, paid vacation, time off, and holidays.
- In competitive and rapidly changing environments, staff members utilize opportunities for advancement through continuing education and formal degree programs.
More Information on BB&T
With the power to influence financial futures, the company empowers students, friends, and neighbors with educational programs. BB&T Bank Bus, a mobile marketing and education center, provides local communities with resources. The bus offers financial lesson plans to high schools, colleges, and large employers. BB&T Financial Foundations Program also educates high school students through six-hour curriculums covering core financial concepts. Partnered with EverFi, a leading education technology company, the bank reaches more than 80,000 students. An online portal offers helpful financial tips, informative articles, and planning calculators to communities, as well. By supporting local programs throughout the United States, the financial firm assists low- and moderate-income families.