An established name in the fashion industry, BCBG specializes in sleek and contemporary clothes for women. Founded in 1989, the fashion retailer provides work for a worldwide audience and consistently requires individuals to fill available full-time and part-time jobs.
Facts About Working at BCBG Max Azria
Minimum Age to Work at BCBG Max Azria: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at BCBG Max Azria?)
BCBG Max Azria Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 10:00am-9:00pm; Sun: 11:00am-6:00pm
Available Positions at BCBG Max Azria: Sales Associate, Shift Supervisor, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager, Partner Shop Manager, Security Administrator, Data Entry Clerk, Administrative Assistant, Assistant Buyer, Assistant Merchandiser, Associate Buyer, Associate Designer, Circulation Manager, Copy Writer, Database Coordinator, Photo-Shoot Coordinator, Retail Marketing Analyst, Photographer, Financial Analyst, Visual Merchandise Coordinator, Wholesale Marketing Manager
BCBG Employee Interview Videos
BCBG Job Opportunities
Founded by Max Azria, the full brand name stands BCBGMAXAZRIAGROUP and encompasses lines like BCBGMAXAZRIA, Herve Leger, and BCBGeneration. The fashion retailer boasts over 500 locations in countries all over the world, such as the United States, Europe, Canada, Venezuela, Portugal, Greece, Japan, and Taiwan. A large and expanding brand, the chain offers workers of various skill levels and experiences job security and opportunities for career growth. Individuals possessing employment experience in retail and customer service settings may receive preference for hire. Additionally, job seekers passionate and knowledgeable about the fashion industry fare well during hiring processes.
The company persists as an excellent job source for growing entry-level professionals, as BCBG offers extensive job training and opportunities for promotion into managerial and corporate positions. Friendly individuals with aptitudes for customer service flourish in retail boutique settings and often receive consideration for available advancements. The fashion retailer also provides internships for university students in various specializations, such as advertising, merchandising, fashion design, human resources, IT, and multimedia.
BCBG Positions and Salary Information
BCBG implements pay systems based on commissions. As such, company work environments tend to foster competitiveness and necessitate strict age regulations for available jobs. Individuals 18 years of age and older remain welcome to apply for work with the fashion retailer for consistently available entry-level positions, such as:
- Individuals interested in sales associate positions must possess high school diplomas or the equivalent, willingness to work weekends and holidays, and customer service skills.
- Hiring managers favor hopefuls with some prior employment in fashion retail settings; however, experience remains unnecessary for consideration.
- Sales associates must dress well during shifts and may need to stand, bend, squat, reach, and lift for long periods of time.
- Regular responsibilities include replenishing merchandise, handing cash and credit transactions at automated registers, greeting customers upon entrance, answering questions, maintaining knowledge of product lines and trends pervading the fashion world, contributing to sales goals of the store, retaining the presentation and cleanliness of each store, and performing additional tasks assigned by assistant or store managers.
- Usually a part-time position, the sales associate job title yields the average hourly wages of $10.00.
- Key holders possess more responsibilities than sales associates and aid managerial teams in the smooth operation of stores.
- Available in full-time and part-time capacities, key holders garner pay rates of about $12.00 to $15.00 an hour.
- Interested candidates should hold high school diplomas or the equivalent and about two years of experience working in fashion retail.
- Shift duties include contributing to sales goals, motivating subordinate associates to meet sales goals, building lasting relationships with customers, seeking and training new talent, supporting and providing feedback to the sales team, and completing any other tasks assigned by the management team.
- Assistant managers provide aid to store managers while also learning the duties and responsibilities of store manager positions.
- Job hopefuls wishing to fill assistant manager openings should possess at least two years of employment experience in leadership roles and extensive knowledge of the fashion industry.
- Regular responsibilities include taking store inventory, responding quickly and directly to customer concerns and complaints, creating associate work schedules, contributing to sales goals and motivating subordinate employees, making creative and executive decisions, and reporting directly to the store manager.
- Full-time commitments, assistant manager jobs pay salary packages of about $35,000 to $40,000 a year.
Tips For Applying
Interested individuals may access the BCBG job application online. The careers section of the company website allows candidates to browse available jobs with position descriptions. Clicking on the Apply Now button takes job hopefuls to the online application where individuals should enter contact information, desired employment and availability, information about past employers, and references. Candidates also maintain the option of uploading resumes. Before submitting, individuals may benefit from reworking the documents to highlight relevant skills, trainings, and experiences. Applicants should also look over entered information for accuracy before submitting applications.
Checking up on the status of applications may heighten the chances of hire for candidates. Reaching out to employers with the intention of checking on the deliberation process communicates tenacious desire for available work. Individuals maintain the option of calling stores, emailing HR representatives, or conducting store visits to inquire. No matter the method, job seekers should remember to keep communications polite, professional, and considerate of the time of hiring personnel.
Benefits of Working at BCBG
As a large and prosperous company, BCBG offers associates comprehensive employee benefit packages. Workers enjoy access to:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Sick days and associate discounts
Healthcare coverage provided by the company includes flexible spending accounts, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability coverage. Eligibility for work benefits may hinge on employee status as full-time or part-time.
More Information on BCBG
BCBG runs two company blogs, the Bon Chic Blog and The Generation Nation. The Bon Chic interacts mainly with the audience of the BCBGMAXAZRIA brand. Regular topics of discussion include style videos, city guides, DIY projects, recipes, restaurants, and company events like photo shoots. The Generation Nation targets a younger audience complementary to the intended buyers of the BCBGeneration brand. The blog mainly discusses fashion and beauty tips but also shares the stories of company models, as well as hosts videos.