Operating as one of the umbrella store brands for Stage Stores, Bealls operates over 200 locations, most of which serve Texas and surrounding states. The department store chain offers both entry-level and career-oriented positions in management. Interested candidates may apply online or fill out an application form at the preferred store of hire.
Facts About Working at Bealls Texas
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Bealls Texas?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager, Store Manager Trainee, Merchant Training Coordinator, Training Administrator, Pricing Accuracy Analyst, Supervisor, Pricing and Promotions Specialist, Allocation Analyst, Merchandise Assistant, Database Marketing Analyst, Fragrance Account Coordinator, Clinique Beauty Advisor, Estee Lauder Beauty Advisor, Estee Lauder Counter Manager, Beauty Bar Beauty Advisor, Arden Beauty Advisor, Clinique Counter Manager
Bealls Texas Job Opportunities
Frequently offering introductory employment in both sales and stock positions, Bealls rarely calls for more than minimal hiring requirements, though high school diplomas or equivalents prove necessary. With a principal emphasis on customer service and merchandising, entry-level employment with the regional retailer stresses exceptional interpersonal skills and understanding of basic sales and customer service practices. Operating functionally in team-oriented environments also proves a must. Flexible scheduling plays a major part in hiring consideration, as most entry-level employment starts as part-time positions.
Bealls Texas, unaffiliated with the Florida-based chain of the same name, consistently seeks workers with prior experience in both retail and in supervising others for management positions. Applicants with knowledge of business processes and proven leadership abilities tend to make ideal supervisors. The department store chain looks to employ multiple managers at each location in order to carry out a variety of tasks, such as hiring and training new employees, ensuring customer satisfaction, and various administrative duties. Managers may need to meet further education requirements, though high school diplomas combined with experience usually satisfy hiring needs.
Positions and Salary Information for Bealls Texas
The minimum hiring age at Bealls stands at 18 years old, with entry-level positions and management opportunities both requiring a high school diploma or equivalent to receive hiring consideration. The following list represents available positions with the department store chain:
- Sales associates represent the entry-level position with the department store chain.
- Employees fill various roles, including cashier, stock, and merchandising on a daily basis.
- Workers interact with customers at a high frequency and need to maintain positive attitudes, flexible scheduling options, and apply suggestive selling techniques.
- Other responsibilities include creating and sustaining effective displays, maintaining store cleanliness, and unloading trucks and dispersing merchandise to appropriate store areas.
- Sales associates may expect to earn hourly pay around minimum wage and up to $8.00.
- Supervisor, assistant manager, and store manager represent managerial opportunities available with the regional retail chain.
- Supervisors serve as de facto managers in the absence of other store supervisors, and generally undertake opening or closing locations, ensuring staff continually works to meet company goals, and making certain customers remain satisfied.
- Assistant and store managers retain responsibility for personnel decisions, managing store profitability versus labor hours, and maintaining company standards and goals throughout each location.
- Supervisors typically earn hourly wages around $9.00, while assistant managers receive salary options upward of $40,000 a year.
- Store managers possess the capability of earning annual salaries between $50,000 and $70,000.
Tips for Applying
Applicants need to fill out an electronic application on the company website. Search for the appropriate position and store location, and then click the Apply button. Fill out the application form completely, including all pertinent information, such as previous work experience, education, and personal references, when prompted. Failure to include information or providing incorrect information may result in disqualification from the hiring process, or the need to start over. Before submitting, make sure all information stands as accurate as possible and all contact information remains current to ensure hiring personnel may reach the appropriate person.
Job seekers should call preferred stores to follow up on application status within a week or two of applying. Store managers typically inform candidates of intent to interview within similar time frames. Contacting hiring managers during peak hours tends to distract managers, as daily store operations may take precedent over hiring needs. Following up in person may lead to on-the-spot interviews, so dress accordingly, preferably in business-casual attire reflecting styles and fashions sold by the department store chain. Maintain polite attitudes, but show enthusiasm and genuine interest in the position as often as possible.
Benefits of Working at Bealls Texas
Workers at Bealls enjoy job benefits ranging from schedule flexibility, paid job training, and competitive wages. Qualified workers earn additional work benefits, including:
- Healthcare coverage
- Enrollment in company 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid holidays, and even potential store discounts
Full-time employees may also receive paid personal days, vacation time, and shift preferences. All employees benefit from company goals of promoting from within.
More Information on Bealls Texas
Through community outreach programs, such as “30 Days of Giving,” Bealls makes contributions based on store donations and corporate matching. Programs assisted in the past include local D.A.R.E. (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) programs, Toys for Tots, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, and local schools and charities. While collecting almost a million dollars through various programs, the department store retail chain helps numerous programs at both the local level and beyond.