Founded in 1998, upscale retail brand Bebe operates more than 200 stores providing customers with high-quality products and top-notch services. The company often seeks part-time and full-time entry level employees to continue delivering notable guest relations and retail items.
Facts About Working at Bebe
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Bebe?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Support Associate, Stylist, Sales Manager, Co-Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager, Merchandise Planner, Designer, Print Designer, Director of Supply Chain Systems, Associate Merchant
bebe Job Opportunities
As a company tailored to satisfying female fashion needs, bebe often prefers to hire women to fill staff positions. Successful retail candidates embody sophistication, style, and confidence during interviews. Retail team members and managers ring up purchases and assist customers in addition to providing fashion sense and product knowledge to answer client inquiries.
The most commonly accessed positions lie within retail locations. Bebe honors hard-working employees with pay increases and position advancement into management or supervisory positions. Corporate positions also exist to qualifying candidates. The application process may begin online using the company job portal or within retail store locations.
bebe Positions and Salary Information
Applicants should stand at least 18 years old to gain hiring consideration at bebe. Inexperienced workers may qualify for stylist positions with the opportunity to advance into management roles. The company prefers to promote from within; however, outsourcing may occur to fill supervisory positions with candidates providing solid administrative or retail backgrounds. A list of positions frequently available to job seekers sits listed below:
- Traditional sales associate jobs, stylists must prove knowledgeable of company products and current styles in order to assist customers.
- Responsibilities may include ringing out purchases, reorganizing store displays, helping patrons with sizing, and meeting sales goals.
- Employees must wear company brand clothing during all working hours, including heels for female employees for the duration of every shift.
- Personable, outgoing attitudes often prove favorable. Commission-based pay requires sales-oriented employees, as well.
- Stylists may receive minimum wage upon employment.
- Pay may rise to $12.00 an hour in addition to achieved commission profits.
- To achieve maximum sales and productivity goals, store and sales managers must operate through effective leadership, efficient communication, and excellent store presentation.
- In addition, managers take responsibility for tracking payroll, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, retaining, and monitoring employees, training and developing teams, and fostering successful sales environments.
- Candidates should provide high school diplomas or equivalent education, three to five years of supervisory experience, the ability to lift up to 35lbs., and ample availability.
- Managers stand to make between $40,000 and $60,000 annually.
Tips For Applying
Potential hires must create login names and passwords in order to apply online. After creating a profile, users may browse through lists of open positions and click the Apply link below desired job descriptions. If no positions of interest appear on the list of openings, job hopefuls may choose to submit a resume using a tab on the left side of the job portal. Qualifying candidates utilizing the option may receive contact from the company when future openings occur. In-person visits to stores may also prove beneficial. A store locator on the company website may help candidates find nearby boutiques. Face-to-face inquiries require candidates dress professionally and preferentially in company-brand clothing so hiring managers may easily envision potentials within retail roles.
Upon receiving hiring materials from applicants, management considers the best fits for current openings. Due to the large volume of applications received on a regular basis, the company does not reach out all applicants. Only qualifying candidates receive contact in order to set up interviews. Unsuccessful applicants may choose to apply for other positions. The company also keeps resumes within the online database for future consideration as new openings occur. Candidates advancing to the interviewing process may access tips on the company website. Advice includes bringing a list of questions to ask hiring personnel, establishing knowledge of company culture, history, news, and merchandise prior to the meeting, dressing the part, and taking along resume and application copies.
Benefits of Working at bebe
Bebe employees take pride in representing a nationally respected brand. Associates may prove eligible for receiving job benefits packages, which may include:
- Rewards programs
- Merchandise discounts
- Vision and health insurance
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Short- and long-term disability plans, and
- Access to health and fitness programs
More Information on bebe
The fashion house offers membership opportunities for Clubbebe, which rewards customers for shopping at physical stores and online. Membership benefits include a $10.00 reward for every 250 points earned, free shipping after receiving 1,000 points, birthday special offers, and more. To create an account, new members must access the sign-up form online and provide first and last names, email addresses, passwords, and billing ZIP codes. Opportunity to enlist in the program may also exist within stores through associates during product purchases.