Running over 1,000 stores in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada, Bed Bath & Beyond consistently needs job candidates with wide specialties to apply for available work. Full-time and part-time employment with the company remains attainable to individuals seeking entry-level hire.
Facts About Working at Bed Bath & Beyond
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Bed Bath And Beyond?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Sales Associate, Stock Associate, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager
Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Interview Videos
video of former Bed Bath & Beyond Employees
Job Opportunities at Bed Bath & Beyond
Bed Bath & Beyond specializes in small and large home appliances and carries diverse selections of accessories for every room in the house. Individuals with knowledge of bedding, kitchen utilities, decor, and the like fare well as store associates. Though the company does not hold previous experience as a prerequisite for entry-level positions, backgrounds in customer service or retail may afford job candidates preference during hiring processes. Additionally, individuals interested in employment with the home decor supplier who enjoy fast-paced work environments and possess open availabilities prove preferable to hiring managers.
Job candidates interested in building careers with the home decor supplier may apply for entry-level positions and work toward promotions in the future. The company prefers to support existing associates by promoting from within. Employees already familiar with merchandise, policies, and everyday operations generally make easy transitions to positions with more responsibility. Applicants with previous employment as managers or leaders also maintain the possibility of hire directly into managerial jobs.
Bed Bath & Beyond Positions and Salary Information
A minimum hiring age of 18 and the possession of high school diplomas or the equivalent generally stand as provisions for Bed Bath & Beyond jobs. Consequently, many entry-level positions serve students or inexperienced workers well, as managers regularly work around school schedules. The most accessible positions include:
- Individuals filling sales associate positions often double as cashiers and must interact with customers consistently.
- Interested candidates should possess the ability to remain friendly and polite in a variety of circumstances.
- Sales associates must demonstrate energetic personalities and the ability to multitask.
- During any given shift, individuals filling sales associate jobs greet customers, answer questions, replenish stock, maintain the cleanliness of store locations, offer product suggestions, and operate point-of-sale registers.
- Workers earn average hourly wages of $9.00; however, consistent raises may lead to pay as high as $12.00 an hour.
- As a position with heightened responsibility, interested candidates must possess previous retail experience.
- Hiring personnel prefer to onboard individuals with at least one year of managerial work and bachelor’s degrees, although neither specification stands required.
- A full-time position, an assistant manager earns salary pay of $55,000 to $58,000 a year.
- Assistant managers train and develop staff members, respond directly to customer complaints and concerns, answer both customer and associate questions, take inventory and order stock as necessary, make decisions regarding the display of merchandise, lead subordinate employees by example, monitor stores to ensure loss prevention programs remain effective, and respond to assignments given by store managers.
Bed Bath & Beyond typically hires a great deal of workers to assist in a variety of capacities during the holidays. Beginning in late September, Bed Bath & Beyond begins hiring cashiers, sales associates, stock associates, and overnight associates. Job duties range from answering questions about products, services, and merchandise to ringing up purchases, handling returns, organizing displays, wrapping gifts, and rounding up shopping carts. For traditionally part-time employment opportunities, starting pay for Bed Bath & Beyond seasonal jobs generally falls around minimum wage. Average starting hourly wages range from $7.00 to $10.00, depending on state and Bed Bath & Beyond location. Typical manager wages range from $9.00 to $11.00 per hour. Seasonal management jobs may pay less due to short-term necessity.
Tips For Applying
Bed Bath & Beyond accepts online and paper applications. When applying in person, job candidates should print copies of revised resumes highlighting relevant experience and skills and dress well. To apply online, individuals must create profiles with the company job portal. The application asks for personal information and past work experience. Applicants maintain the option of uploading resumes, as well. Before submitting applications, candidates benefit from double-checking information for accuracy.
Applicants wishing to boost possibilities for callbacks should contact hiring personnel to check on application statuses. Calling, emailing, or visiting stores to inquire about job offers demonstrates initiative and desire for available work. Regardless of the means of communication, candidates should remain professional, polite, and show regard for the time of hiring managers by reaching out during traditionally slow business hours.
Benefits of Working at Bed Bath & Beyond
Along with competitive pay and opportunities for lasting careers, employees of Bed Bath & Beyond receive comprehensive work benefits. Company medical insurance covers vision, dental, prescription drugs, and employee dependents. Flexible spending accounts and life insurance remain available, as well. Qualifying workers also earn:
- 401(k) retirement plans with company match
- Paid time off, and
- Associate discounts.
Eligibility for employment benefits typically depends on status as a full-time or part-time worker.
More Information on Bed Bath & Beyond
Since products alone do not make a house a home, Bed Bath & Beyond runs a company blog titled Above & Beyond. The overarching topics covered include Cooking and Recipes, Entertaining and Gifts, Decorating and Style, Cleaning and Organization, and Family and Pets. Articles include instructions on baking homemade dog treats, creative lunch ideas for kids and adults, cocktail recipes, storage tips for season transitions, and crafty party ideas. The company website features a link to the blog as well as other social media outlets.