With a foodservice division serving 11 states, distributor Ben E. Keith employs over 4,000 people and steadily onboards new staff members as the company grows and expands into new territories. Interested applicants may apply online for a variety of entry-level positions.
Facts About Working at Ben E. Keith Company
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Ben E. Keith?)
Available Positions: Customer Service Representative, Administrative Assistant, Sales Representative, Account Executive, Accountant, Sales Manager, Area Manager, Outside Sales Representative, Area Sales Representative, Assistant Buyer, Buyer, Beverage and Chemical Technician, Business Development Manager, Cash Applications Analyst, Truck Driver, Construction Project Manager, Inventory Control Coordinator, Accounting Analyst, Credit Administrator, Delivery Driver, Credit Supervisor, Financial Analyst, Demand and Replenishment Planner, Facilities Maintenance Technician, Forklift Operator, Fleet Mechanic, Lumper, Janitor, Logistics Manager, Order Selector, Merchandising Manager, Order Puller, Assistant Manager, General Manager, Human Resources Manager
Ben E. Keith Job Opportunities
As one of the largest food and beverage distributors in the United States, Ben E. Keith continually hires new personnel to complement company growth and combat employee turnover. The company supplies full lines of frozen foods, meats, produce, dry goods, and refrigerated foods and provisions to a variety of businesses, such as restaurants, hospitals, nursing homes, and schools. With such a large customer base, the food service company consistently needs drivers, warehouse workers, and customer service representatives to interact with clientele. In addition, workers experienced in both inside and outside sales may find opportunities for employment with the food and beverage distributor.
Successful employees display goal-oriented behaviors, thrive in fast-paced environments, and make daily contributions to the company. Entry-level associates earn highly competitive compensation and access to comprehensive job benefits. Most positions feature minimal hiring requirements beyond meeting age minimums and possessing high school diplomas or the equivalent. However, certain jobs require additional schooling, certifications, licenses, and experience in order to qualify. Employees must pass extensive background checks and drug screenings before the hiring process concludes, as well.
Positions and Salary Information for Ben E. Keith
The minimum hiring age for Ben E. Keith jobs rests at 18, though certain specialized occupations may require applicants to stand at least 21 years old. Jobs mandating older applicants generally involve operating heavy machinery in warehouses as well as driving delivery trucks, which may also require additional licensing. The most commonly available career opportunities for entry-level workers sit listed below:
- Generally earning between $14.00 and $18.00 an hour, merchandisers typically restock merchandise and install and replace permanent and promotional displays.
- Also responsible for maximizing brand visibility, sales coordinators ensure products appear aesthetically pleasing and properly displayed in stores and other retail establishments.
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift, stoop, crouch, bend, and walk for long periods of time.
- Merchandisers may work either part- or full-time schedules with different shifts each day.
- Employees must possess valid driver’s licenses in addition to excellent interpersonal capabilities, good driving records, and aptitudes for sales.
Warehouse Order Selector
- Primarily functioning as a forklift operator working to hand-stack products and build pallets for delivery, a warehouse order selector assists in the daily operations of company storehouses.
- Associates must show the ability to lift 50 pounds or more and consistently stoop, kneel, crouch, and bend with limited issues.
- Additional licensure may prove necessary after hire, with the company typically providing reimbursement after a previously agreed upon timeframe.
- Depending on prior experience, certifications, and tenure, warehouse order selectors may earn between $15.00 and $20.00 an hour.
Route Service Associate/Driver
- Charged with delivering products along assigned routes with multiple stops, route service associates must maintain delivery times, vehicle logs, and records of cargo in accordance with company regulations.
- Additionally, drivers must show aptitude for reading and deciphering customer invoices correctly, eliminate damage due to mishandling, and follow traffic laws and procedures.
- Route service associates must possess Class A- CDL permits in order to qualify for employment with the food distributor, though trainees may receive the specialized licenses after hire.
- Drivers typically earn between $40,000 and $60,000 in annual salary options.
Tips For Applying
The food and drink distributor only accepts applications online. Potential employees may search online job postings and select positions to apply for, which requires creating basic online profiles. The profile asks for basic contact information and offers the ability to attach a resume. Upon completing profiles, applicants may return to apply for other positions using simple logins, which upload previously saved information to the new job listing.
After submitting hiring materials, aspiring workers typically receive emails confirming receipt by the company. Candidates may wish to pursue further confirmation of application statuses utilizing email or telephone. Hiring officials may interpret follow-up contact as genuine interest in available positions and look favorably on applicants who choose to check on previously submitted applications. Try to limit contact to a weekly occurrence at most in order to display interest without becoming a nuisance to hiring managers.
Benefits of Working at Ben E. Keith
A privately held company, Ben E. Keith rewards associates with competitive pay scales and additional job benefits, including pensions and profit-sharing measures.
- Qualifying associates also receive insurance coverage, including medical, life, accidental death, and dental.
- Eligible employees enjoy vacation time, holidays, sick pay, and employee assistance programs, as well.
In addition, the food and beverage distribution company offers education assistance, safety bonuses for drivers, credit union membership, and enrollment in company-sponsored 401(k) retirement plans.
More Information about Ben E. Keith
With a distinct presence in the State of Texas, Ben E. Keith routinely gives back to local communities by making donations and sponsoring special events. For instance, family fun days with local police officers, colleges, sports teams, and health providers offer demonstrations and fitness information for kids, tips on staying safe in public, and advice for preparing healthy meals. Additionally, the company holds annual competitions for warehouse workers, such as the Truck and Forklift Rodeo. Contestants participate in events focused on driving heavy equipment, while family members partake in video game competitions, carnival attractions, and ladder-climbing.