Searching and applying for a job is a lengthy and complex process that might get quite frustrating at times. The more so in a highly competitive and demanding modern job market that heavily gravitates toward digitalization.
To stand out from the crowd of applicants and land a good position, you need to level up your application game. In a tech world, you can make the whole process more manageable, effective, and fast by using Artificial Intelligence tools.
Thus, a recent ResumeBuilder report showed that 70% of candidates using ChatGPT to assist their job search experienced much higher response rates. So, let’s take a look at how Artificial Intelligence (AI) can impact job applications and bring your position hunt to yet another level.
Advantages of Using AI in Job Search
To better understand how AI and automation can transform your hiring process and why it’s worth stepping away from traditional job search techniques, consider how you’ll benefit from using AI when looking and applying for a position.
- Increased efficiency: AI-powered search engines are designed to scan thousands of postings. They will match your skills and qualifications with the most relevant job opportunities in a blink of an eye. This will save you a lot of time and effort compared to manually searching through job boards.
- Personalization: AI algorithms can personalize job search results based on your preferences, experience, and skills. Thus, you will only see position opportunities that are relevant to your background and career.
- Higher success rates: Not only will AI customize your search but also it will help you tailor your resume and CV to match appropriate employer requirements. Thus, it will improve your chances of successfully landing an interview and, eventually, getting a job.
- Reduction in bias: AI-enabled job search tools reduce human bias in the recruitment process by focusing on objective criteria such as seeker skills, qualifications, and experience.
- Accessibility: AI tools can be used by anyone with an internet connection, making it easier for people to pinpoint interesting opportunities regardless of their location.
- Improving your skills: Certain AI tools like ChatGPT, for example, can provide feedback on your job search efforts. They will enable you to spot the areas that need improvement and help you upgrade your existing skills or gain new ones to increase your chances for success.
Drawbacks of Using AI in Job Search
While AI technology is of great use for job search and application processes, it still has a few drawbacks you should take into account:
- Lack of personal touch: Capable of providing personalized job recommendations, AI algorithms cannot replicate the human touch pertaining to networking and connections with potential employers. In other words, the technology will omit some factors that a human recruiter would pay attention to.
- Limited contextual understanding: AI-powered tools are rather meant to analyze job descriptions and candidate profiles based on predefined criteria. At the same time, they often lack an understanding of the context surrounding the position or candidate. This can lead to incomplete or inaccurate matches.
- Poor soft skills estimation: Good at estimating hard skills specific to a certain profession, AI is not as good at identifying soft skills that are no less important for employers.
- Dependence on technology: Relying solely on AI-enabled job search tools can lead to a dependence on technology. As a result, it might limit creativity and flexibility in job searching.
However, by utilizing AI technology for job search and application processes, individuals can also leverage the opportunity to learn new techniques in navigating the digital landscape and adapting their job search strategies accordingly.
AI and automation tools certainly have great potential to facilitate your job application process and make it more efficient and resultative at the same time. If you are not sure where to start and how to leverage AI for your search, we’ve outlined a few helpful strategies below.
Creating a concise yet informative resume is easier said than done. While all jobs have required skill sets, not all roles could qualify even when named the same. A resume tailored to job descriptions will give you an edge over other position seekers and emphasize your skills appropriate to the role.
This is where AI-powered resume builders will come to help you create a professional and effective resume quickly and easily. These tools use machine learning algorithms to analyze your skills, experience, and career objectives to write a resume customized to the job you are applying for.
Typically, the process of creating a resume by an AI resume builder embraces the following steps:
- The user enters their personal and professional information, such as their name, contact details, work history, education, and skills. Here, you will be able to specify everything to the smallest detail. For example, if you have had a short but successful experience with FHIR software, this will also be taken into account by the AI solution.
- The AI algorithm analyzes the provided data and identifies the most relevant information based on the job requirements.
- The software generates a resume by selecting an appropriate template, formatting the text, and arranging the information in a logical and visually appealing way;
- A job seeker can review and edit the resume to ensure that it accurately reflects their qualifications and skills.
Ready-made resumes can be saved and downloaded in different formats including Word and PDF.
Many companies use Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to filter resumes based on specific keywords and phrases. So, you can also use AI tools such as Jobscan to optimize your resume for ATS and increase your chances of getting noticed.
For example, if you used to work for a company that dealt with IT outsourcing Poland and speak Polish, employers who are looking for a developer who knows such a foreign language will easily find your resume among thousands of candidates.
Personalizing Cover Letter
Many employers require applicants to attach a cover letter to introduce themselves and briefly summarize their professional background. You need to make an impression and do your best to persuade an employer that you are fit for the job. The document should be short and appealing to get recruiters interested and make them want to read your full resume.
AI cover letter generators will take every strain out of this task making the whole process a lot easier and faster. You should provide some entry details about the job you will apply for and specify the desired writing style.
Surely enough, you should check the finished doc for accuracy and relevance to your skills and personality. Yet, it’s really nice to have a well-made draft at hand, especially when you are new to the job application process.
In addition to simplifying the cover letter creation process, AI cover letter generators can provide valuable insights and tips on various subjects, including financial literacy and digital investments. For instance, they can offer guidance on topics like how to purchase Bitcoin in Canada, demonstrating the applicant’s understanding of the evolving financial landscape and their ability to adapt to emerging technologies, which can greatly impress employers seeking candidates with a forward-thinking mindset.
With AI interview coaching tools, you can get prepared for the interviews that often turn out heart-pounding and nerve-racking. Some of the common methods used by these tools include:
- Analyzing job requirements to provide customized guidance to the job seeker. This includes identifying the key skills and qualities needed for the position and providing tailored feedback to help the applicant emphasize their relevant experience and abilities.
- Mocking interview sessions that simulate real-world interviews. Applicants get an opportunity to answer interview questions to practice their interview skills and receive feedback on their responses.
- Using Natural Language Processing (NLP) to analyze the job seeker’s answers and identify areas where they might need improvements, such as grammar, vocabulary usage, body language, tone of voice, or difficulties in answering some questions.
- Personalizing the coaching experience based on the job seeker’s experience level, industry, and position type. This ensures that you will receive relevant recommendations appropriate to your needs.
AI interview coaching tools will let you get a better idea and understanding of what you should expect from a real interview. Further on, you will feel more confident and know how to behave to make a good impression.
Scrutinizing job opportunities, comparing salary propositions, and investigating the employer’s culture and values will take time, not to mention that you could simply miss a really good position opening.
AI job-matching tools will simplify this process for you. These are software applications that use artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms to match job seekers with suitable openings based on their skills, qualifications, and preferences. Typically, these tools will do the following:
- Take you through a list of questions to identify your job preferences and interests;
- Offer to fill out your specific resume info;
- Assess your work and personal characteristics to create your personality profile.
By matching your qualifications with relevant job postings and evaluating your “worker portrait”, AI job search engines and matching software will make your search much more efficient.
So, if you used to work as a top employee in the travel software development company, you are unlikely to be shown offers to become a construction worker, accountant, or florist.
Some companies use AI-driven applicant tracking systems to track job applications and provide real-time updates to candidates. You can use these systems to track the status of your application and stay informed throughout the hiring process.
The job search and application process could be challenging and confusing. And it’s almost always time-consuming. With Artificial Intelligence tools on your side, you’ll get an opportunity to manage it in a more efficient manner, complete it successfully, and land the position of your dream faster.
Lauren Bradshaw started academic writing in 2003. Since then she has tried her hand in SEO and website copywriting, writing for blogs, and working as an academic expert at professional writing companies. Currently she is working for a professional essay writing service CustomWritings. Her major interests lie in content marketing, developing communication skills, and blogging. She’s also passionate about philosophy, psychology, literature and painting.