With more than 2,800 locations, The Body Shop operates as a leading cosmetics and home decor retailer. Applicants looking for flexible scheduling, competitive base pay, and access to work benefits packages should consider the team-oriented career paths available with the chain.
Facts About Working at Body Shop
Minimum Age to Work at Body Shop: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Body Shop?)
Body Shop Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat: 10:00am-9:00pm; Sun: 12:00pm-6:00pm
Available Positions at Body Shop: Team Member
The Body Shop Job Opportunities
The Body Shop offers thousands of products through both physical store locations and an online store accessible via the company website. Customers and employees alike enjoy supportive, helpful, and up-tempo, modern atmospheres. Associates cater to customer needs and offer expert advice on products ranging from body lotions and hand creams to fragrances, eye liners, shampoos, conditioners, and deodorants. The international boutique prides operations on highly attentive and dedicated teams of sales associates and beauty care experts. Workers must possess enthusiastic and motivated personalities, personal interests in cosmetics, and positive attitudes embodying the company core values to gain employment.
A global steward in the industry, The Body Shop takes international stances against many social issues. Among the many initiatives the company supports, the beauty product retailer looks for workers who champion high self-esteem. Associates must promote the ideal while on the clock and refrain from any negative comments, actions, or suggestions of worth related to body image. The chain expects employees across operations to uphold professional and courteous demeanors at all times, including both entry-level workers and career professionals. Establishing positive rapports with customers ranks as one of the most crucial aspects of day-to-day tasks.
The Body Shop Positions and Wages
Many of the entry-level job opportunities available with The Body Shop require minimal or no formal education for employment consideration. However, applicants must stand at least 18 years of age to work for the chain of boutiques. The retailer provides paid training upon hire and accessible advancement potential for determined individuals to find meaningful careers. Hiring takes place on a regular basis for the following part-time and full-time jobs:
- Available in both part-time and full-time capacities, the entry-level role of customer consultant features daily interaction with patrons in relaxed sales environments.
- Customer consultant employees must connect with the general public and enjoy regular and steady interpersonal communication.
- Energy, passion, and self-motivation represent ideal characteristics sought after in aspiring customer consultants.
- General knowledge of the cosmetics retail industry and company product lines also serve candidates well.
- Applicants should prepare to work nights and weekend upon hire.
- The average customer consultant earns around $9.50 per hour.
- Career seekers often take interest in expert, assistant manager, and store manager job titles.
- Experts and assistant managers may work part-time or full-time, while store managers traditionally work full-time schedules.
- Hiring requirements for the three levels of management require intense personal interests and relevant experience in cosmetics, customer service, and the retail industry.
- As managers, workers assume supervisory duties, like enforcing company protocol, scheduling employees, and hiring new associates, as well as administrative obligations, such as tracking sales, taking inventory, ordering products, coordinating shipments, and reporting to company regional offices.
- Expert and assistant manager positions also involve regular customer assistance.
- Pay for experts often mirrors wages for assistant managers, with hourly rates resting around $10.00 or $11.00 at start.
- Store managers enjoy annual salary options upwards of $55,000.
Tips For Applying
Alignment with company values and upbeat, positive attitudes sensitive to customer needs often play instrumental roles in gaining employment with the beauty care retailer. Applicants need to demonstrate extensive and highly concentrated knowledge of both traditional and creative ways to use products. Candidates looking for long-term careers with the cosmetics company also appeal to hiring personnel, as The Body Shop prefers employing individuals with genuine interests in joining existing staffs.
Each applicant may check on the status of an application by logging into the online careers portal hosted on the company website. New users must create profiles using valid emails to apply for jobs. Once created, the online profiles allow workers to follow up on applications, review past searches, and continue applying for new positions. The hiring process may take anywhere between two and four weeks to complete, depending on the job title. Desirable candidates often receive telephone calls to set up interviews a few days after submitting hiring forms. Applicants may contact hiring personnel to reassert interests in employment and to inquire about applications prior to receiving official phone calls for interviews.
Benefits of Working at The Body Shop
An internationally philanthropic company, The Body Shop also cares for employees and offers competitive work benefits packages. Workers typically receive discounts on products, including up to 50% off for managers. Employment benefits also include:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid time off
- Medical and dental plans
- Life insurance, and
- Bonuses for loyalty and performance.
Most job benefits remain reserved for full-time associates in managerial roles.
Supplemental Information on The Body Shop
The Body Shop participates in environmental activism and fair-trade agreements to ensure cruelty free and ethically sourced product lines. Company policies forbid the testing of products on animals or use of animals in products. Sourcing practices include providing fair price points to businesses and co-ops, regardless of size. As a further act of charity, the retailer created The Body Shop Foundation, which funds socially impacting organizations promoting civil rights, ethical business practices, and environmentalism.