Popular, casual, seafood restaurant Bonefish Grill operates nearly 160 locations across the United States. The growing chain continues to open new restaurants and expand operations. Job seekers looking for restaurant industry work may find viable positions in kitchen, front-of-house, and managerial capacities.
Facts About Working at Bonefish Grill
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Bonefish Grill?)
Available Positions: Host/Hostess, Server, Bartender, Dishwasher, Cook, Kitchen Manager, Assistant Manager, Restaurant Manager
Bonefish Grill Job Opportunities
Bonefish Grill values honesty, respect, hospitality, balance, quality, and fun. The company seeks employees who embody similar qualities. As a company, the restaurant chain believes happy workers lead to happy guests, so the yes-man, team-oriented applicant stands out during the hiring process. Friendly and hardworking team members often receive advancement opportunities within the company, as well. Corporate opportunities also exist to qualified applicants.
Part-time and full-time positions requiring various qualifications and skillsets stand readily available at Bonefish Grill. Applicants may pursue positions in the kitchen, which require little interaction with customers, or jobs on the floor, which depend on employee interactions with patrons. Prior experience and education or certification may aid candidates to stand out in comparison to other applicants. Upon hire, associates are referred to as anglers or fishermen. The term means workers inside and outside of the kitchen must maintain optimal knowledge of dishes the restaurant prepares.
Bonefish Grill Positions and Salary Information
Bonefish Grill generally hires workers 18 years and older. Available employment options suit various qualifications. Less experienced workers may land positions such server or host. More experienced or educated candidates may find placement in positions such as culinary manager or restaurant manager. A list of positions regularly available to job seekers sits listed below:
- The ability to prepare all food items on the Bonefish Grill menu with speed and accuracy remains a requirement of all kitchen staff employees.
- The restaurant offers a small but diverse menu and kitchen staff members must learn recipes quickly.
- Workers also take responsibility for cleaning work areas and equipment.
- Kitchen staff members usually receive between hourly pay around $8.00 at start and up to $14.00 an hour.
- The first and last impressions guests take away of Bonefish Grill remain dependent on the host performances.
- The company places a great importance on interaction with patrons, so candidates who display positive, welcoming attitudes during the interview process often qualify for the position.
- Hosts also serve as members of the guest service team and take responsibility for divvying out to-go orders and maintaining restaurant cleanliness.
- Pay for hosts generally falls between $2.00 and $23.00 an hour, depending on gratuity.
- The primary duty for wait staff members serves to provide each guest with an enjoyable dining experience.
- Employees accomplish the task by anticipating patron needs and exhibiting genuine hospitality toward each customer.
- Servers must also maintain knowledge of the menu in order to work professionally and answer questions.
- Interested candidates must also operate well as part of a team.
- The average server enjoys pay scales hovering between $2.00 and $23.00 an hour, with varying levels of gratuity taken into account.
- Positions taking responsibility for all daily operations, managerial jobs include maintaining restaurant appearances and presentation and providing exemplary customer service skills.
- Managers serve as model employees, so candidates should display leadership ability and team-oriented attitudes.
- Each store maintains a management team of three or four members.
- Positions include restaurant manager, culinary manager, and general manager.
- The restaurant manager and culinary manager serve as experts in the kitchen and dining room by providing direction for culinary personnel and the wait staff.
- Both managers ensure the restaurant prepares and presents meals on par with corporate requirements and specifications.
- The restaurant manager and culinary manager report to the general manager, who leads the operations of a single restaurant by maintaining a trained staff, honoring company standards, supervising food stock orders, providing sanitary practices, and overseeing all money handling.
- Typically, restaurant managers receive salary options between $30,000 and $50,000 annually, while culinary managers make between $29,000 and $45,000 annually.
- The general manager often receives between $55,000 and $60,000 in yearly salary.
Tips For Applying
The application process begins on the Bonefish Grill website under the Career tab at the bottom of the page. Users redirect to the Bloomin’ Brands career site, which provides separate links for applicants interested in part-time, full-time, and corporate-level positions. Applicants must provide prior work experience, references, and education on the application form. Resume upload remains optional, but because the company favors individuals who work well in a group, tailoring the document to include experience as part of a team could advance the candidate through the consideration process.
Most successful applicants receive a call requesting an interview about one week after submitting an online application form. However, if an applicant receives no formal contact immediately, digital application submissions may remain on record in case new opportunities become available.
Benefits of Working at Bonefish Grill
Beside working for an upbeat, employee and customer-conscious company, Bonefish Grill crew members also receive access to work benefit plans. The company offers most full-time workers medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage, and paid vacation time. Other perks include:
- Meal discounts
- Flexible schedules, and
- Career advancement opportunities.
More Information on Bonefish Grill
The Bonefish Grill website serves as a great resource for both diners and job hopefuls by providing information about the menu, specials, and locations. Applicants find the Careers tab at the bottom of the homepage very useful for accessing information about job opportunities, management, and the history of the brand. Skimming the information provided may help applicants portray an interest and knowledge about the company during an interview.