Boost Mobile, a prepaid wireless carrier, services customers at low costs sans annual contracts. Operating under global provider Sprint, which employs more than 40,000 team members, the company continuously seeks new employees to add to an existing collaborative, creative, and energetic workforce.
Facts About Working at Boost Mobile
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Boost Mobile?)
Available Positions: Customer Service Representative, Technical Support Representative, Sales Trainer, Brand Manager, Inside Sales Representative, Software Engineer
Boost Mobile Job Opportunities
Full-time and part-time entry-level opportunities may exist for job seekers in areas such as retail management, customer service, call centers, marketing, finance, sales, and account management. Staff members in each department receive competitive salaries and benefits, performance bonuses, and advancement opportunities within the company. Career development and training programs also help individuals to gain personal growth and promotions.
Providing service to more than 55 million customers, the company requires a diverse staff harnessing different skill sets and various levels of experience. Most positions require employee-customer interaction, so applicants should possess interpersonal skills and pleasant attitudes. Many jobs also require associates reach sales goals. Job hopefuls may access job applications for all positions on the company webpage.
Boost Mobile Positions and Salary Information
Boost Mobile employees must stand at least 18 years old. Applicants with little background within the industry may pursue positions such as retail consultant or store host. More extensive qualifications may land positions such as customer service representative or retail store manager. Frequently vacant positions sit listed below:
- As the face of the company to most consumers, retail consultants must act as experts on all products and amenities provided.
- Service to patrons includes providing solutions regarding wireless and mobile needs, selling devices, accessories, and service plans, and delivering outstanding experiences to build customer loyalty and trust.
- Retail consultants must also complete courses in curriculum paths within required time frames, comply with policies and procedures, hold high school diplomas, and provide at least six months of retail sales or related experience.
- Monthly sales bonuses also exist as incentives for employees meeting or exceeding goals.
- Retail consultants may receive wages between $8.00 and $10.00 an hour.
- Providing the first impression each retail visitor acquires, store hosts take responsibility for greeting and assisting new, existing, and potential customers.
- Employees must hold knowledge of store-wide sales, features, and promotions.
- To gain consideration, applicants must also provide high school diplomas and offer at least three months of sales or customer service experience.
- Store hosts generally begin making minimum hourly wage, but often receive pay or position advancements with experience and tenure.
Customer Service Representative
- Operating from one of the many company call centers, customer service representatives provide inquiry help via phone calls.
- Through empathetic, courteous efforts, customer service representatives recognize problems and resolve issues customers may experience.
- One to two years of telecommunication relay services experience may prove necessary in addition to a high school diploma.
- Hiring managers may also show preference to applicants holding bachelor’s degrees.
- Customer service representatives may receive pay between $12.00 and $14.00 an hour.
- Retail store managers run daily operations by ensuring cost-effective and quality store procedures, hiring, disciplining, and scheduling employees, and achieving sales goals and performance requirements.
- Other duties may include maintaining inventory, promoting sales, upholding the appearance of stores, completing paperwork, coaching and developing team members, and setting the tone for each store environment.
- The position calls for applicants holding bachelor’s degrees and two years of related work experience or six years of related experience without certification of post-secondary education.
- Retail store managers often receive salary pay between $45,000 and $55,000.
Tips For Applying
Job hopefuls may choose to apply online using the company job portal accessed at the bottom of the homepage. The feature allows users to apply with a social media account in order to autofill information. Applicants also possess the option to begin the application from scratch, plugging in background information about previous places of employment, education, and references. If potential employees gather information prior to initiating the application process, the form may only take 10 to 30 minutes to complete. Physical copies of applications may also remain available at store locations. Applicants filling out forms in person should dress professionally and employ personable, outgoing attitudes in order to leave positive impressions upon hiring personnel.
Managers may contact potential employees to set up interviews within a week or two of receiving application forms. Candidates may decide to inquire about job statuses in person or via phone call to demonstrate interest in desired positions. In-person visits require appropriate dress and presentation to secure job offers. If hiring does not occur, job hopefuls may apply for various other positions to ensure previously achieved skills line up with position qualifications.
Benefits of Working at Boost Mobile
Boost Mobile workers receive competitive pay, experience within the wireless and mobile phone industry, and opportunities to achieve advancement within the company. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week also prove eligible of receiving job benefits. Packages may include:
- Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision insurance
- Wellness programs
- Adoption assistance
- Stock purchase plans
- Financial planning assistance
- Sales compensation
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Tuition assistance programs
- Paid time off and employee phone programs.
More Information on Boost Mobile
The telecomm company and parent Sprint provide students with the opportunity to gain exposure to or launch a career within the mobile service provider industry. Internship programs provide undergraduates with first-hand experience, an introduction to business operations and culture, and access to mentors and coaches. Recent and upcoming college grads may also benefit from entry-level positions helping to launch future careers. Interested individuals may access the job application online to gain placement consideration.