Braum's, a family-owned and operated chain of establishments known for ice cream, offers excellent career opportunities and a unique take on the traditional fast-food environment. With a combination of fast food and ice cream services sold in grocery store settings, the restaurant offers products made exclusively by the company.
Facts About Working at Braum's Ice Cream And Dairy Store
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Braums Ice Cream And Dairy Store?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Team Member, Ice Cream Maker, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager
Printable Application: Yes. Print Braum's Ice Cream And Dairy Store application (PDF) or Search Job Openings.
Braum’s Ice Cream and Dairy Store Job Opportunities
Entry-level positions usually entail crew member jobs, which generally include cashiers, cooks, and counter help. With a minimum hiring age of 16 years old, most entry-level positions do not require much previous work experience. Fill out the online application and submit to a local store for consideration. Workers need to display energy, passion, and positivity, as regular customer interaction comprises everyday duties. Flexibility and some physical requirements may present themselves, as employees need to stand and continually move as part of the day-to-day routine.
Job seekers with high school diplomas and leadership experience in the restaurant industry should fill out the application for available management positions. Managers should stand at least 18 years of age to receive initial consideration for supervisory roles, though higher-level managers may need to attain at least 21 years of age. Depending on the specific job title of the position, potential managers may earn additional hiring consideration by holding college degrees. Each managerial job typically features an attractive salary, plus benefits.
Braum’s Positions and Salary Information
Whether looking for a part-time job helping customers or an exciting management career, Braum’s offers enticing employment opportunities for most interested workers. With each store family-owned, the company invests regularly in employees in order to maintain success and job satisfaction. Bring a completed application to the nearest store to find employment in the following positions:
Quick Serve Crew Member
- Crew Members carry out a number of job duties designed to ensure outstanding customer service and food quality.
- The entry-level position involves taking customer orders, preparing orders following customer and company standards, keeping each location clean, and completing other assigned work as needed.
- Employees who display motivation and excellent customer service skills often progress into shift supervisor positions.
- Crew member positions typically feature part-time hours, though full-time positions may become available with tenure.
- Hourly pay scales for crew members typically sustain around $8.00.
- Management positions encompass shift supervisor, assistant manager, general manager.
- Shift supervisors generally coach, train, and assist crew members with daily tasks, including performing similar duties.
- Assistant managers prepare work schedules, ensure continued employee training, while maintaining and enforcing company standards.
- General managers oversee all store operations, sales, and store presentation.
- Managerial applicants usually need at minimum two years of experience supervising employees in order to receive serious hiring consideration.
- Pay rates depend on title, with shift supervisors making up to $10.00 an hour.
- Assistant managers earn hourly rates of $11.00 to $12.00.
- General managers may receive annual salary options between $40,000 and $45,000.
Tips For Applying
Braum’s Ice Cream and Dairy Stores primarily implement simple and straightforward hiring processes. Applicants looking to gain employment generally fill out paper forms in store or digital documents online and submit the materials to management for review. Recruitment personnel historically look for individuals able to work well with others, dependable attitudes, and motivated personalities. Friendly, outgoing, and courteous characteristics also serve candidates well in the running for available ice cream shop jobs. Highlight any related personality traits and abilities on the required hiring forms to properly demonstrate a strong fit with the company.
Team members usually receive determinations within a week of submitting applications, while managers may wait up to a week or two to hear back about job prospects. Individuals may check on submitted applications through the company careers portal, or by simply calling or visiting store locations to inquire about any remaining steps in the hiring process. Use discretion when placing phone calls or stopping by unannounced. Managers often maintain set schedules and may not possess the ability to meet with each candidate individually outside of planned interviews.
Benefits of Working at Braum’s
Braum’s recognizes hard work and dedication and looks to reward employees with a variety of job benefits. Entry-level employees may need to meet certain time requirements in order to receive employment benefits, such as:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Paid vacations, and
- Product discounts.
Qualified employees also access financial benefits like 401(k) retirement plans and market bonuses. Other worker benefits may include paid training, uniform reimbursement, and flexible work schedules.
Additional Information about Braum’s
As a noteworthy company utilizing vertical integration, the idea of maintaining each aspect of operations, from the farm to the retail store, takes exceptional care, attention to detail, and service. For instance, Braum’s claims to still milk its own cows, the only major ice cream maker to do so. To further promise freshness, the company keeps all stores within a 300-mile radius to the Braum Family Farm in Oklahoma, which means retail outlets cater to customers in Kansas, Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma in addition to grocery store and convenience store sales.
I just started working for Braums about a month ago. I am a delivery driver and I have to say I love it. This company treats you like your part of a family. Pay and benifiiets are excellant! Thank you Braums!